Please, help me determine the right category for my story!

Edey

author
Hey, I've written a story that falls exactly at the intersection of two categories, Transgenders & Crossdressers, and Gay Males.

One of the characters in the past had various troubles that made him doubt whether he could ever live life as a successful man (short stature, small package etc.). A friend jokingly suggested he try Transmaxxxing (for those who don't know, it's a term for a "turn-incels-into-pretty-girls" trick). However, after some time, he regretted it because he never felt like a woman; he just let himself be persuaded by his friend.

Eventually, he starts living as a normal gay man. However, his body still bears traces of his past hormone use, such as having a larger tits and buttocks. It's at this stage that he meets the second character with whom he'll develop a romance. Essentially, it's a story about two men, but... well, one doesn't look entirely masculine.

I have experience in the past where I submitted similar "borderline" stories to Gay Males, and I received comments like "why is this story here, it should be under trans." So, I'm facing a dilemma. It doesn't fit under Trans (neither character is trans or crossdr.!), but it also doesn't fully fit under Gay Male because one of them doesn't look like a typical man.

I'm seeking help, and at the same time, I kindly ask that you refrain from judging or mocking my idea. It might sound unusual, but human imagination knows no bounds, and the story ties together a cohesive romance with psychological elements - acceptance of one's body image and finding the right person for everyobe. The message is positive and uplifting.

I only ask for support in deciding which category to choose. :)

I suspect T&C is a more forgiving category, and more open generally to characters that don't fit traditional binary gender roles. A brief foreword might help.
Thank you AlinaX, long time no see :D

Well... what sequel? A Femboy story, perhaps? Yyyy...The one that is still... unpublished? 😄 While I have been dedicating my time to writing a book during the first half of this year, But I also have a few completed stories that are patiently waiting in line to be published on LT. 😊

Gosh. Got my head screwed on backwards. But I meant the two category bests for July '22.

To be honest, I don't even know what comes with it :D. I'm not a native English speaker, and I don't live in the USA, so I don't think I'm eligible to take part in any contest.

I suspect T&C is a more forgiving category, and more open generally to characters that don't fit traditional binary gender roles. A brief foreword might help.
I agree that the T&C category would probably be the best choice. The "brief forward" is also something I'd probably do. Also, if you haven't already done so — I'd write in some conversations which includes a good deal of angst on the pert of "sexually confused" character. I think this would add to the foundation of your premise, especially for readers who may not be up to speed on the emotions and angst such a situation might cause.

Thumbs up on your desire to write a story that might actually boost some peoples understanding and acceptance.

I agree that the T&C category would probably be the best choice. The "brief forward" is also something I'd probably do. Also, if you haven't already done so — I'd write in some conversations which includes a good deal of angst on the pert of "sexually confused" character. I think this would add to the foundation of your premise, especially for readers who may not be up to speed on the emotions and angst such a situation might cause.

Thumbs up on your desire to write a story that might actually boost some peoples understanding and acceptance.
I appreciate the suggestion. The story is already written. One of the MCs is ashamed of his body and can't accept how he looks; it's the main problem (sex is a lesser problem, as he is bi). The other guy helps him overcome his embarrassment and improve his self-esteem, even praising his body. The romance has a HEA and a positive energy, without a judgmental or depressing tone. It's basically a love story ;)

And thank you all for your suggestions, I will publish it in T&C.

I appreciate the suggestion. The story is already written. One of the MCs is ashamed of his body and can't accept how he looks; it's the main problem (sex is a lesser problem, as he is bi). The other guy helps him overcome his embarrassment and improve his self-esteem, even praising his body. The romance has a HEA and a positive energy, without a judgmental or depressing tone. It's basically a love story ;)

And thank you all for your suggestions, I will publish it in T&C.

Sounds interesting, if you already have the story title it'd be helpful to post it here for finding the story once it goes live. Wishing you a good reception !

Sounds interesting, if you already have the story title it'd be helpful to post it here for finding the story once it goes live. Wishing you a good reception !
Yes, I have. The title is not that creative, hahaha, sorry....it is: "Ex-transmaxxer Love Story", I will submit it next week, after checking it once more for typos. If you wish, I will send you PM with the link.

Back