Outdoor Bondage: "Tie that yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree"

BLoved

Literotica Guru
Outdoor Bondage: "Tie that yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree"

Living on 2+ acres of forested property in the middle of a forest that stretches from just south of here all the way to James Bay has given me some opportunities to learn more about Outdoor Bondage.

Allow me to share what I've learned.

Assuming most of you do not own part of a forest, outdoor bondage in a forest would be both a treat and a hazard. Here are some tips to make it safer.

"Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my ..."
It is easy for urbanites to assume that all the wolves have run off and the bears wiped out. Think again.

In rural forests of any size in North America you are likely to find all kinds of critters "with teeth that bite, claws that scratch".

Bears, wolves, coyotes, feral/abandoned dogs, coydogs (vicious cross-breeds between dogs and coyotes) are amongst the predators in my area. Other areas include Grizzlies and Cougars. Before entering the woods be sure you know what you might be facing in your area. Even animals that would not normally prey on humans can carry rabies and be subject to unpredictable, even irrational behaviour.

Before pulling out the rope it is a good idea to walk about in the forest, looking for signs of predation. Whether it is animal scat, a carcass, or tracks, there are many signs an animal leaves behind it for the wary traveller.

If you find such signs, consider another forest.

"Lassie to the rescue ..."
Not hard to see from the problems above why humans domesticated dogs. I have nine lab/border collies (a family) plus a fence, and combined they've done a great job of keeping my property clear of predators (despite the fact there have been more than one coyote pack in the area from time to time).

But keep a few things in mind.

That Jack Russell Terrier is a snack for a pack of wild dogs. But he'll fight to the death to protect you, if he loves you enough. Be fair to your pet: don't ask more of it than it can give. Even a larger dog can be taken down by a pack, so consider your risk and choose appropriately.

Other bug-a-boos
Summertime in a forest: sounds fun, right? Don't forget the DEET. Amongst the nasty multi-legged critters are black flies, mosquitos (West Nile, anyone?), deer flies, horse flies, and ticks.

Check your area for the times when these bugs are prevalent. Here, blackflies are popular in spring, mosquitos follow them and last throughout the summer, deer flies and horse flies become a nuisance when the summer gets hot. Ticks are a pest from the thaw to the first hard frost.

Note that horse flies and deer flies are particularly vicious, carving out a circle of skin so as to drink the blood. Horse flies especially don't give a damn about DEET.

And if biting insects are not enough, consider what happens when any bug decides your bound sub/slave's nose or ears would make an excellent little nesting area (o_O)

Fortunately they make hats with netting (like a bee-keeper's hat). It is advisable you bring one along, just in case.

Not a sterile environment
If you like things clean, a forest is not the best venue to play. Consider -everything- in the forest unsanitary.

The upshot of this is do not poke -anything- you've found in the forest into a body orifice. If you are bringing toys for that purpose be sure they are clean before you leave home and place them in something that will keep them that way until used. If you drop a toy in the forest, especially a wet toy, do not re-use it till you've returned home and cleaned it, and do not store it with the clean toys while you are out.

Chemical warfare
Many plants produce toxic chemicals to make them unpalatable to the herbivores. Things like Poison Ivy, for example. Be sure you know what is in your area that should not be touched, and how to recognize these plants. Having your sub/slave roll in the ivy may sound like a cool trick, but the rash that will result will be horrendous, and personally I'd consider it sufficient grounds for a divorce, so use your head.

"They shot Bambi ..."
The last critter you need to worry about is the two-legged variety. Anywhere forested enough and large enough is likely to have all kinds of people walking through it, especially if it is close to an urban area. Nature-lovers and nature-hunters abound in the woods (depending upon season), so be sure whichever site you choose for fun and games is secluded and truly private. Litter and footprints will be your best warning signs to watch for. Or simply look in the parking lot for those guys in orange jackets and a string of yapping dogs on a leash

One more thing, I do not advise you to trespass on private property. Granted it is the property with the fewest people on it, but the owner may have a gun and not take kindly to bondage scenes being enacted on his/her property. If he or she has dogs (and you can be pretty sure they do) you can certainly expect their unwanted attention once you start making noises (like the crack of a whip).

A quick note about supplies
Water, food (sugar for a quick energy boost), astringent (rubbing alcohol, peroxide), first aid kit, and After Bite or some other insect bite treatment are essential. Clothing suitable for the weather. I advise that the sub/slave wear whatever can be thrown back on the quickest. I do not advise shorts (tho' cooler, they offer more skin to the insects and poison ivy). A track suit is usually good.

"Hot enough for ya ..."
Before setting out, be sure you have chosen a good day for play. High winds, storms, tornados, hurricanes, etc are probably a better day to play indoors. Listen to radio reports, stick your head out the window, get a sense of what is happening and what is likely to happen while you are playing. Lots of things snap in a high wind in the forest, including tree trunks, so choose a day when things are pretty calm.

With this in mind, I do recommend playing in a fog. This kind of play is time-sensitive, as the cool air and fog will fatigue a nude and bound sub/slave quickly. If you engage in this play, a thermos of hot tea, coffee, hot chocolate, etc, is highly advisable, as is a warm and dry blanket. Play can be extended with frequent breaks to warm up.

Do -not- expect your sub/slave to revive while bound just because you've thrown a blanket around him/her and rubbed a few times. This is a good time to unbind them completely, wrap that blanket around, open up the thermos, and allow your sub/slave to nestle into you, absorbing your heat as well.

Nothing quite so romantic as sitting thus on a beautifully foggy day.

Selecting a site
Bearing everything I've said so far in mind, the site should be relatively dry (no puddles), someplace where you can catch a breeze (especially on hot days), and have a suitable tree (or trees) for the bondage. The trees should be healthy and sturdy, with at least one good strong branch that is either within reach or not much higher than that.

To test a branch, grip it and lift your feet off the ground (and be ready to jump clear if the branch gives). If your sub/slave is heavier than you, get him/her to do it while you spot them to ensure their safety.

The branch may dip, but should neither break nor make a sound.

If you are planning something like four-way suspension (each limb tied to a different branch/tree) be sure you check all the branches involved.

Bear in mind that trees flex and sway in the wind. Even if you don't feel a wind, look at the tops of the trees to see how the wind up there is moving the tree about. A mild sway can add to the fun, but a series of violent swaying can cause problems (thus the warning about high winds), so be alert and choose appropriately.

A few final considerations
Keep in mind the noises you make travel in a forest. The sound of whips or screaming is going to attract whatever is out there. Keep this in mind at all times, if you want to avoid attention.

Be sure the knot stays within reach if you want your rope back. Tying a slip knot and tightening it till it is snug against a branch three feet beyond reach is not retrievable (at least, not easily).

Do not expect a rope around a tree trunk to hold anything -up-, even if the rope is tied tight against the trunk. The bark of a tree can be crushed and can fall away from the trunk, leaving a tight rope loose. If you are looking to hold anything up with rope, look for anything that sticks out from the truck, such as a sturdy branch or the knot that remains after a branch falls away (in the case of a knot it will only work if the sub/slave being held is on or close to the opposite side of the trunk).

Obviously all other rules regarding rope safety apply, above and beyond the tips I've provided here for outdoor play.

"Tie that yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree..."
I've found that outdoor bondage/play can be exciting, refreshing and highly erotic, when done with safety in mind.

I hope the above helps those of you who wish to engage in this activity.

Safe Journeys.

I wish I owned some land, it sounds like fun. However, even my back garden is overlooked, so no outdoor play for me.

You could look into having an area available for couples to come and use, have appointments/charge a small fee etc? I've no doubt you'd get tons of bookings.

I wish I owned some land, it sounds like fun. However, even my back garden is overlooked, so no outdoor play for me.

You could look into having an area available for couples to come and use, have appointments/charge a small fee etc? I've no doubt you'd get tons of bookings.

~smile~

I think my dogs might have something to say about that.

I would love to do outdoor play and have investigated some sites locally. At least I don't have to worry about bears, wolves or coyotes in the Yorkshire Wolds! I have explored some woods on private estates. I guess unless you own a lot of land yourself or know someone who does you can never eliminate the risk and the consequences of getting caught are very embarassing. Or is that part of the thrill and attraction of doing it?

Mmmm.... Mud.... I haven't had that kind of privacy in a looong time.

A GF of mine lived near a big public park. One July afternoon we had a massive downpour of that warm rain you get in the midwest... I wanted to take her out and hang her off a treelimb.

Her roommate objected loudly and strenuously, saying she didn't want to come bail us out of jail for public display etc. :mad:

Bears, wolves, coyotes, feral/abandoned dogs, coydogs (vicious cross-breeds between dogs and coyotes) are amongst the predators in my area. Other areas include Grizzlies and Cougars. Before entering the woods be sure you know what you might be facing in your area.

And your suggestion is to walk about in the forest to find out?

Before pulling out the rope it is a good idea to walk about in the forest, looking for signs of predation. Whether it is animal scat, a carcass, or tracks, there are many signs an animal leaves behind it

What are the many signs besides scat, carcasses or tracks? What can the tracks tell me?

If you find such signs, consider another forest.

Is there any forest in the world without animal scat?

That Jack Russell Terrier is a snack for a pack of wild dogs. But he'll fight to the death to protect you, if he loves you enough. Be fair to your pet: don't ask more of it than it can give. Even a larger dog can be taken down by a pack, so consider your risk and choose appropriately.

Choose what? What is your suggestion now? Do not take a pet with me? Take a pet with me? Run away with the pet if we face a pack of wolves?

Check your area for the times when these bugs are prevalent. Here, blackflies are popular in spring, mosquitos follow them and last throughout the summer, deer flies and horse flies become a nuisance when the summer gets hot. Ticks are a pest from the thaw to the first hard frost.

So there are bugs all the time when you actually can be outside. What is your suggestion?

And if biting insects are not enough, consider what happens when any bug decides your bound sub/slave's nose or ears would make an excellent little nesting area (o_O)

What does happen? The nose is connected to the mouth. Where is the difference between a bug in the mouth and one in the nose? And actually nothing much happens - the worst that will happen is a buzzing sound in your ear till you visit the otologist, who will flush the critter out. It's not like they could fly right through to your brain.

Fortunately they make hats with netting (like a bee-keeper's hat). It is advisable you bring one along, just in case.

Just in what case? That it is summer, when there are bugs? Putting it on afterwards is a bit silly. So your suggestion is that the sub should wear a bee-keepers hat when tied up?

If you like things clean, a forest is not the best venue to play. Consider -everything- in the forest unsanitary.

This is strange. If you drop a cookie in a forest and in your kitchen, it's well known that's it's safer to eat the one from the forest. You should worry more about sex on the countertop than on the forest floor.

Many plants produce toxic chemicals to make them unpalatable to the herbivores. Things like Poison Ivy, for example. Be sure you know what is in your area that should not be touched, and how to recognize these plants.

What are your suggestions? Which websites give good explanations? Or do you recommend guided tours? Or adult evening classes?

Keep in mind the noises you make travel in a forest. The sound of whips or screaming is going to attract whatever is out there. Keep this in mind at all times, if you want to avoid attention.

What is your suggestion? Not use whips? Use ball gags all the time?

And your suggestion is to walk about in the forest to find out?

In Ontario the Ministry of Natural Resources can be quite helpful when it comes to the kinds of wildlife one is likely to find in a given area.

the worst that will happen is a buzzing sound in your ear till you visit the otologist, who will flush the critter out. It's not like they could fly right through to your brain.

I take it you have no experience with a blackfly, a deer fly, a horse fly, or a mosquito.

Biting insects will bite.

DEET has been associated with potential birth defects. The research isn't clear either way yet; some studies say yes, some no. I for one am not into taking chances like that. So if you want to use your lovely sub for breeding purposes someday after you're done tying her up in the woods, consider a DEET-free bug repellent. There are plenty.

DEET has been associated with potential birth defects. The research isn't clear either way yet; some studies say yes, some no. I for one am not into taking chances like that. So if you want to use your lovely sub for breeding purposes someday after you're done tying her up in the woods, consider a DEET-free bug repellent. There are plenty.

Are there any you care to recommend?

The bugs in my area are pretty persistent.

Are there any you care to recommend?

The bugs in my area are pretty persistent.

Unless she's actively pregnant, in which case most essential oils are a no no, a combination of tea tree and eucalyptus oils, diluted in a base of either grapeseed or jojoba, is the best natural bug repellent. That's what I use, and we have mosquitos, ticks and chiggers here. But I believe there are several DEET free brands available as well; manufacturers have become conscious that people may choose to avoid it just in case.

As with any bug repellent, commercial or not, I don't recommend applying my blend recipe directly to the naughty bits. Unless, of course, that's your idea of a good time. It won't cause harm, but it will make someone jump around quite a bit, which makes aiming more difficult.

Unless she's actively pregnant, in which case most essential oils are a no no, a combination of tea tree and eucalyptus oils, diluted in a base of either grapeseed or jojoba, is the best natural bug repellent. That's what I use, and we have mosquitos, ticks and chiggers here. But I believe there are several DEET free brands available as well; manufacturers have become conscious that people may choose to avoid it just in case.

As with any bug repellent, commercial or not, I don't recommend applying my blend recipe directly to the naughty bits. Unless, of course, that's your idea of a good time. It won't cause harm, but it will make someone jump around quite a bit, which makes aiming more difficult.

My preference has been deet on articles of clothing. If used on the skin, I insist it be washed off as soon as possible.

Fortunately I have many good days in early spring and late fall when the bug population is almost nil, so I do have opportunities to do this without any bug protection.

If you'd like to pass along the measurements you use in your recipe, I'd be willing to give it a try.

I'm always on the lookout for a better solution :)

Equal parts. Dilute only as much as your budget demands. I use it straight; it's not necessary to cover every inch of skin with it. Just dab it here and there.

Choose what? What is your suggestion now? Do not take a pet with me? Take a pet with me? Run away with the pet if we face a pack of wolves?

Invest in a donkey? Those sonsofbitches will kill anything.

Tied a girl up to a tree in a golf course one night, that was fun.

Got poison ivy fucking in the nature perserve, that was painful.

I was fucking this girl in a park (same as the glof course) a jogger happened to run by.
I know he saw us (it was the middle of the afternoon) he was kind enough not to stare.

Coyotes, hell I live in the suburbs and they walk down the middle of the street.

If you got your slave tied up in the woods during hunting season would it be rude of me to walk up and ask if I can join in?

"They shot Bambi ..."
The last critter you need to worry about is the two-legged variety. Anywhere forested enough and large enough is likely to have all kinds of people walking through it, especially if it is close to an urban area. Nature-lovers and nature-hunters abound in the woods (depending upon season), so be sure whichever site you choose for fun and games is secluded and truly private. Litter and footprints will be your best warning signs to watch for. Or simply look in the parking lot for those guys in orange jackets and a string of yapping dogs on a leash

One more thing, I do not advise you to trespass on private property. Granted it is the property with the fewest people on it, but the owner may have a gun and not take kindly to bondage scenes being enacted on his/her property. If he or she has dogs (and you can be pretty sure they do) you can certainly expect their unwanted attention once you start making noises (like the crack of a whip).

Depending on where you live and what the illegal drug situation is, it would be wise to spend some time worrying about the two legged animals if you're going to be stomping around off the beaten path on random forest service land.

It isn't uncommon for producers/manufacturers of meth and pot growers (the one's in it for the money, not the bud) to take over a section in the woods. Booby traps are not uncommon, there won't be "signs of life" till you're far too close, and they tend to be the mean mother fuckers that work for even meaner mother fuckers.

Frankly, if I had to pick between getting caught by a hiker or seven or running into someone guarding their crop/batch - I'd take the hikers.

Back