One More Hot Wing Narrative Bites With Crust

IrezumiKiss

Literotica Guru
old-bay-buffalo-wings-800x800.ashx

OLD BAY BUFFALO WINGS

Served up hot ‘n crispy, these wings are a tailgater's best friend. Grill and toss with the irresistible combo of Frank’s® RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce and OLD BAY® Seasoning for unforgettable flavor—on game day or any day.

INGREDIENTS

8 Servings

1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
3 pounds chicken wing pieces
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1/4 cup Frank's® RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Blue cheese dressing , (optional)
Celery sticks, (optional)

PREPARATION

Mix flour and OLD BAY in large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken wings in batches; shake to coat well.

Grill over medium-high heat 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin is crisp, turning frequently.

Meanwhile, mix butter and RedHot Sauce in large bowl. Add cooked wings; toss to coat. Serve wings with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, if desired.

https://www.mccormick.com/old-bay/recipes/appetizer/old-bay-buffalo-wings

giphy.gif

Ain't had crispy hot wings in a spell. And I'm an Old Bay fiend. I'll be in chorizo taco heaven again in a few hours, but damn if these don't make me wanna flip the switch! :D

If I weren't sick as a dog, I'd go for hot wings right now.

Even though I can't see the original, I can still recognize your parody threads Zumi. You have a gift. :D

And it's just a given that your thread is better. :cool:

The crust is the best part!

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/10848-vegan-buffalo-cauliflower-bites

America's Test Kitchen on PBS, gave an alternative recipe

Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Vegetable oil was reccomended for the quick fry.
Peanut oil as suggested as an alternative.

Cocconut oil, coconut cream from the coconut milk, and a little corn starch and cornmeal.

Deemed “better than wings” by our tasters, these crunchy, tangy, spicy, and just plain addictive cauliflower bites will be the new star of your game day table. The key was to come up with a flavorful, crunchy coating that would hold up under the Buffalo sauce. A mixture of cornstarch and cornmeal gave us the ultracrisp exterior we wanted. But because cauliflower is not naturally moist (like chicken), the mixture didn't adhere; we dunked the florets in canned coconut milk first, which had the right viscosity.

Buffalo Sauce: Melt coconut oil in small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in hot sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar until combined. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm; set aside.

After the bites are fried, they get coated in sauce, and are served immediately.

Crispy and spicy.

Sevved with a veggie ranch dressing, using vegan mayo, and coconut cream, coconut based yogurt

Flavored with

minced shallots. 1 clove garlic, minced. 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives. 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley. 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil.

Another version uses the same theme, almost identical.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/buffalo-cauliflower-bites-535339

# 1 -2 quart peanut oil or 1 -2 quart vegetable oil
# 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
# 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
# 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
# 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
# 2⁄3 cup coconut milk or 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat milk
# 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce
# 1 lb cauliflower floret, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces

The crust is the best part!

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/10848-vegan-buffalo-cauliflower-bites

America's Test Kitchen on PBS, gave an alternative recipe

Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Vegetable oil was reccomended for the quick fry.
Peanut oil as suggested as an alternative.

Cocconut oil, coconut cream from the coconut milk, and a little corn starch and cornmeal.

Deemed “better than wings” by our tasters, these crunchy, tangy, spicy, and just plain addictive cauliflower bites will be the new star of your game day table. The key was to come up with a flavorful, crunchy coating that would hold up under the Buffalo sauce. A mixture of cornstarch and cornmeal gave us the ultracrisp exterior we wanted. But because cauliflower is not naturally moist (like chicken), the mixture didn't adhere; we dunked the florets in canned coconut milk first, which had the right viscosity.

Buffalo Sauce: Melt coconut oil in small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in hot sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar until combined. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm; set aside.

After the bites are fried, they get coated in sauce, and are served immediately.

Crispy and spicy.

Sevved with a veggie ranch dressing, using vegan mayo, and coconut cream, coconut based yogurt

Flavored with

minced shallots. 1 clove garlic, minced. 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar. 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives. 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley. 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil.

Another version uses the same theme, almost identical.

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/buffalo-cauliflower-bites-535339

# 1 -2 quart peanut oil or 1 -2 quart vegetable oil
# 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
# 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
# 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
# 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
# 2⁄3 cup coconut milk or 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat milk
# 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce
# 1 lb cauliflower floret, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces

Yeah, they gave me my Korean fried chicken wings recipe.

old-bay-buffalo-wings-800x800.ashx

OLD BAY BUFFALO WINGS

Served up hot ‘n crispy, these wings are a tailgater's best friend. Grill and toss with the irresistible combo of Frank’s® RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce and OLD BAY® Seasoning for unforgettable flavor—on game day or any day.

INGREDIENTS

8 Servings

1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons OLD BAY® Seasoning
3 pounds chicken wing pieces
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1/4 cup Frank's® RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Blue cheese dressing , (optional)
Celery sticks, (optional)

PREPARATION

Mix flour and OLD BAY in large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken wings in batches; shake to coat well.

Grill over medium-high heat 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and skin is crisp, turning frequently.

Meanwhile, mix butter and RedHot Sauce in large bowl. Add cooked wings; toss to coat. Serve wings with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, if desired.

https://www.mccormick.com/old-bay/recipes/appetizer/old-bay-buffalo-wings

giphy.gif

Ain't had crispy hot wings in a spell. And I'm an Old Bay fiend. I'll be in chorizo taco heaven again in a few hours, but damn if these don't make me wanna flip the switch! :D

To help attain that awesome crispy skin on the wings, which you want before tossing them with the buttery hot sauce, sprinkle some salt (1/2 teaspoon) and baking powder (1 tablespoon) on the wings, before shaking with the flour.

This alters the ph on the skin, and will help them brown and crisp up on the grill or in the oven, like you get when you fry them in oil.

Back