Of the Fells

"Raul." Valentina scolded with a small laugh as he ignored her directions and took off on his own, leading her on a small adventure into the woods. "If you make me too late in getting back, I will make sure that you're in the stable for the next couple of days with nothing to do."

Raul huffed and snorted, eventually wandering back to the path when she pestered him enough. But he still wandered as he liked when she was shopping, managing to beg an apple from a merchant's child.

Valentina gathered all sorts of saplings and seeds, enough to get the little plot going. Once they were safely packed away in her saddlebags, she turned towards her horse and chuckled.

"He's a smooth talker." She murmured, offering the merchant enough coin to pay for Raul's Apple and a few extra for Theo and Alex.

"Not a problem. Silver tongues are welcome in horses," the merchant chuckled, bagging up her purchases for her.

"If you see him in the market begging for food again, tell him to go home." Valentina said as she took the package and gave him a smile.

"He won't ruin me. But I'll teach him a lesson sometime and feed him a lemon instead." The merchant patted Raul's neck with a smirk. "You're in for a treat, old friend."

"He probably wouldn't know the different and would be back begging for more." Valentina said with a laugh as Raul shook his mane with a snort.

"Come on, Raul. We have a little boy that is waiting for us." Valentina murmured in Italian, getting her horse's attention so that she could pull herself into his saddle.

Raul huffed and sighed lazily, but he seemed to understand and followed her guidance back toward the cabin. By the time they trotted into view, Valentina found Theo working on installing the door, letting Alex bring him the metal pieces and tools. They were just installing a special handle, one with a bit of personality in its curved bar design, like a curling vine with leaves designed into the metal. Meanwhile, Boar and Durban were preparing another half-log for the roof.

"It looks beautiful, bambino." Valentina complimented as she kissed Alex's cheek. "I see your Da is full of surprises."

Alex seemed to reattach himself to Valentina's side, though the excitement of the new home made him willing to wander a bit and see what everyone was doing after greeting his mother's return. Theo rose from a kneel before the door and smiled to Valentina. "Come on in, love." He opened up the door for her.

Valentina stepped over the threshold to look at her new home for the first time. She smiled as she saw the homey great room, large enough for the family of three and any more that decided to come along in time.

"Theo, it's lovely." Yasmine said as she turned to kiss her lover, giving him a sweet smile.

Though the inner walls weren't up yet, they were marked clearly on the stone foundation floor. A fairly large kitchen and dining room, a washroom and pantry, plenty of exposed rafters for hanging and drying herbs and plants, and several small extra rooms for future children or for live-in patients as needed.

Theo looked around at the huge, currently empty space, envisioning their future when she kissed him. With her brothers and their son outside and out of view, Theo took the opportunity to draw Valentina in and kiss her for all he was worth.

Valentina was caught slightly off guard as Theo swept her up in his arms and kissed her as if his life depended on it. She grinned under his lips, pressing her forehead against his own when the kiss ended and she found herself looking into his warm gaze.

"Ma can watch Alex for us tonight and we can come back here to christen this place properly." She suggested, giving him a grin as she felt him take in a deep breath at the very suggestion.

Theo chuckled softly, closing his eyes as her forehead pressed to his own. "The roof isn' even done an' yer already wantin' t'make this place wicked as you are." With another kiss, he nodded. "I'll set up a little camp."

"I just want to enjoy my future husband in any way that I can." She said with a small smile as he kissed her once more and promised to set up a camp for them.

"Wicked lass," he repeated with one more kiss before they emerged into the sunlight once more. The sky was half overcast, but that was typical. A gentle breeze blew through and the air was crisp and fresh. The world seemed at peace for a while.

Last edited:
"I'm going to get these plants in the ground. Then we can start back for the keep in time for dinner." Valentina said with a smile to Theo before she turned to get all of the plants and seeds she had collected out of Raul's saddlebags.

Theo followed to help her, and soon Alex joined in as well, halving her time spent planting. After that, they sent Boar and Durban home and soon headed for the keep themselves with Raul and Theo's horse.

"I'm sure Pop could use a good ride, bambino. He's been impatient since you've been ill. Maybe we can convince Papa and Da to go on a long ride with us tomorrow for some adventure." Valentina said, glancing over at Alex as he rode in front of Theo.

Back