NFL Players kneeling for the anthem

Um did he not choose work for the company payroll? Did someone make him do it?

Of course not, but that is not the point. He decided that some things are more important than following a workplace ritual. He's ready to accept responsibility for violating a workplace norm.

It's called disobedience, and he is doing it in a civil and non-violent manner. That causes people like you to whine about it, and other people to think about why he is doing it.

Keep whining-- it extends the buzz.

Of course not, but that is not the point. He decided that some things are more important than following a workplace ritual. He's ready to accept responsibility for violating a workplace norm.

It's called disobedience, and he is doing it in a civil and non-violent manner. That causes people like you to whine about it, and other people to think about why he is doing it.

Keep whining-- it extends the buzz.

And you are making a non violent protest to what I said . Note I did not call you a whiner which is the civil thing to do. We may disagree but the civil thing to do is not name calling.

I didn't know these guys were paid to salute the flag, I always thought they were paid to play that rugby for pussies game.

Are you also suggesting that there are no racist white police officers who abuse their authority and abuse black people?

I'm saying it's blown it all out of proportion. If you want to be a social justice warrior instead of playing football have the integrity to quit your job and join BLM or ANTIFA and let those who do want to play, and those who pay to watch a game, do so. Nobody bought a ticket to watch a bunch of ungrateful crybaby millionaires engaged in an insulting whinefest. Besides, the customer is always right, so fuck'em.

I'm saying it's blown it all out of proportion. If you want to be a social justice warrior instead of playing football have the integrity to quit your job and join BLM or ANTIFA and let those who do want to play, and those who pay to watch a game, do so. Nobody bought a ticket to watch a bunch of ungrateful crybaby millionaires engaged in an insulting whinefest. Besides, the customer is always right, so fuck'em.

All they are doing is quietly kneeling. The people who are pissing and moaning are people like you.

Ah, I didn't know they weren't actually playing the game. I thought all this happened before the game kicked off. That clears it up for me.

Easy there, Vette, ol' buddy. Get a nice cold glass of Country Time and slow it down, pa. ;)

Those uppity blackity black SJW BLM M&Ms are gettin' you guys kinda

giphy.webp

NFL Players kneeling for the anthem

because the anthem needs more cowbell. Go Birds

Fuck the symbols but you are paid to show up and stand up. Do all rightful protesting on your own time. What seems to be constantly missed is the protesting happens on the company payroll.

NFL players are not paid to stand during the anthem. Sorry.

This thread proves that righties get all bent at anyone who is successful and brown. These dipshits are arguing injustices against them that don't even fucking exist.

I'm not sure how this is connected to taking a knee. The players are not compelled to say anything. Standing does compel something and it is part of the job and they are paid to be there. I ask again that if you went to McDonalds and the employee that took your order said "heil Hitler" gave you the Nazi salute would you not complain? Would you not expect them to be fired? Or is that a freedom of speech issue?

Well being required to make a cake is compelled speech. So how is that different from being required to stand?

Your McDonald's analogy is a bit flawed. More precise to say - if you went to McDonalds and the employee that took your order REFUSED to say "heil Hitler" or give you the Nazi salute would you complain?

Well being required to make a cake is compelled speech. So how is that different from being required to stand?

Your McDonald's analogy is a bit flawed. More precise to say - if you went to McDonalds and the employee that took your order REFUSED to say "heil Hitler" or give you the Nazi salute would you complain?

I would no reason to say that. Not following your intention in your question.

NFL players are not paid to stand during the anthem. Sorry.

But yes they are paid to be there. You are correct they are not specifically required to stand. Just like employees are expected to be respectful of customers. Remember the viewing public are customers.

But yes they are paid to be there. You are correct they are not specifically required to stand. Just like employees are expected to be respectful of customers. Remember the viewing public are customers.

The athletes are being respectful.

I really get the feeling that most of the people discussing this issue don't watch a lot of football and certainly don't pay attention in the off-season.

Simple

For me it's VERY simple.. The players have a right to protest ...
They choose to kneel during the playing of OUR National Anthem and the raising of OUR flag..
I also have that same right to protest..
The first time this season I see ANYONE kneel during this moment of respect
I choose to protest. Just as I did last season, and will no longer watch NFL football the remainder of the season..
Apparently... I wasn't alone in doing so..
I could care less if they are PURPLE, GREEN, WHITE, or any other skin color
Wrong place, Wrong time..
BYE!!

I really get the feeling that most of the people discussing this issue don't watch a lot of football and certainly don't pay attention in the off-season.

You are right about that. I find sports games boring. Not sure why some people get so excited about something that has no consequence for the real world. Hey' I bought gas today. Want to hear all the details and the underlying reason why I picked that station.

Yeppers I didn't think so.

They choose to kneel during the playing of OUR National Anthem and the raising of OUR flag..
I choose to protest. Just as I did last season, and will no longer watch NFL football the remainder of the season..
BYE!!

I s'pose if enough viewers boycott, it may eventually lead to less grown men giving each other concussions every week.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Bye.

Situational poutrage at its finest

BYE!!

tenor.gif

tumblr_lxpj6grFIe1qcaomb.gif

:D

Ok, this is nuts, i have read about this and followed this and it is crazy. I am tired of hearing about all the crying.
First off, i came late to the party on the tread and I have read most of the responds here and really everyone gets some of it but not all of it. I will tell you that i am not a big football guy, I do watch it but only when I have nothing going on, I do not make it a point to sit and watch it every Sunday.
So lets look at the whole picture, First and for most, the NFL rules on the Anthem stats that everyone SHOULD stand, so they are not saying they have to stand, it is not required, so if they sit kneel or wait in the locker room technically they are not wrong.
But I will say that the proper etiquette for the Anthem states that you are to stand with our right hand over your heart and face the flag, if you have any type of headdress on like a hat you should remove it until the song if over, and if no flag is present you face the band or person singing the Anthem. If you are military you will stand and salute.
Now I get some vets will care and some will not care about them kneeling, as there are fans the same way. Now the vets that I have talked to and even in the articles that another person posted on this tread say and told me, I fought for the right to protest and I that is fine I just do not agree with how they are doing it, meaning they won't stop them but they prefer them to stand, and find another way. Now I am not saying all vets, some have no problem. I also agree with people that say yes they have a right to protest just like I have a right to not watch them.
Yes I get it, and I agree the players are not against military they are doing this to bring awareness to police brutality. My point is that they are showing disrespect to the flag and the country, by not standing.
I do get that they have the right but the flag and Anthem stands for this country that gives them the right to protest against this and anything else if they choose. That is one reason why I have the issue.
Now to the other issue and this is the real and main issue why I have in issue with this. The NFL has their heads up their butts, and just make things up as they go along.

My problem is this, if they are just not standing because they do not want to stand that is fine do not fine them, but if they are doing this because of a reason which they are they are kneeling to bring awareness to black oppression then fine them, and this is why....
If they are going to fine a player because he wants to wear different color shoes to bring awareness to mental heath issues, or fine a player because he wants to use different color shoes to bring awareness to domestic abuse, or they won't allow and will fine players if they put a sticker to honor the five police officers who got ambushed in Texas or they were not going to allow players, but then changed there mind about the players wearing something to remember the fallen from 9/11. I can go on but you get the picture.
So if players can not do things like this without getting fined, all things that matter, just as much why on earth should they be allowed to protest during the Anthem?
Wouldn't protesting about police brutality be the same thing as all the other things that I just mentioned?

I read no farther than into your second paragraph to see that you don't "get it" yourself.

Back