NFL Players kneeling for the anthem

Armyvet23

Really Experienced
I know this has been hashed quite a bit here but with pre season starting, I just had a few thoughts on this. I am a veteran, I stand for the anthem because I believe I live in the greatest nation on earth, otherwise I'd just move instead of protesting it. Sure it has it's faults, I don't care for some of the leadership and I think it can always be improved if we all respect each others values and beliefs of our country and leadership. That being said...

Where are these players after the game or during the off season? Why aren't they out trying to improve the situation that they are protesting during the anthem? Is it just a, "look at me, I am kneeling to cause a division during the anthem but now that it's over, I have a great life that this country affords me to get back to." Personally, I don't care if a player takes a knee or not, I think they are showing their ignorance by doing so especially if they don't take the cause further. Also, why are they protesting the anthem when this country has given them so much?

There are so many other ways to protest than kneeling for the anthem, and it would be nice to see these players actually take part in the solution to help with what they are protesting for.

I know this has been hashed quite a bit here but with pre season starting, I just had a few thoughts on this. I am a veteran, I stand for the anthem because I believe I live in the greatest nation on earth, otherwise I'd just move instead of protesting it. Sure it has it's faults, I don't care for some of the leadership and I think it can always be improved if we all respect each others values and beliefs of our country and leadership. That being said...

Where are these players after the game or during the off season? Why aren't they out trying to improve the situation that they are protesting during the anthem? Is it just a, "look at me, I am kneeling to cause a division during the anthem but now that it's over, I have a great life that this country affords me to get back to." Personally, I don't care if a player takes a knee or not, I think they are showing their ignorance by doing so especially if they don't take the cause further. Also, why are they protesting the anthem when this country has given them so much?

There are so many other ways to protest than kneeling for the anthem, and it would be nice to see these players actually take part in the solution to help with what they are protesting for.
Several players are working on improving the situation. Off the top of my head Kaepernick has donated close to a million dollars to charities.

There is no US law which requires anyone to participate in either a religious or political celebration. It’s not even about forcing black players to show respect for military or country. It’s about tying them to the whipping post to break their spirit.

I’m guessing that growing up black in America gives one a very different way of looking at things. Imagine being part of a group that is despised by a much larger group of your countrymen due to skin color. You can’t.

How do you know they are not trying to improve the situation? Do you know these players' lives or are you too busy following Faux news and other biased media sources?

Many of these players have spent plenty of their time volunteering at community centers, mentoring children, among other works of philanthropy and donating to anti-police brutality organizations. They don't just sit back and rest on their laurels.

I have a question, why is it that many conservatives seem to only care about "patriotic symbolism" yada yada yada, while ignoring the actual plight of their fellow citizens such as the US having one of the highest infant mortality rates in the developed world?

Where is the outrage regarding the inequalities of the justice system for their fellow citizens? Why are so many brute cops not punished for their actions?

Too often their motto seems to be "Love the country, to hell with their fellow countrymen"

Another w(R)ong dumbass.

Your such a smart lady! No, seriously, that's just my thoughts, I just think there are other venues than using the anthem for protest, call me what you will, that's usually what liberals do when they don't agree.

Do what millions have already done, turn them off and walk away and forget they are your countrymen.

I’m guessing that growing up black in America gives one a very different way of looking at things. Imagine being part of a group that is despised by a much larger group of your countrymen due to skin color. You can’t.

I understand that but....I guess being in the military and having friends from all walks of life, whether it's religion, race or whatever, we all have the same opportunity in life that this country offers. It's what we make for ourselves.

There is no US law which requires anyone to participate in either a religious or political celebration. It’s not even about forcing black players to show respect for military or country. It’s about tying them to the whipping post to break their spirit.

Exactly, three-fourths of the NFL is composed of black players. I mean, how dare they act out in protest exercising their damn 1st amendment rights without being abused by rightists?

Why is the National Anthem even played at a sporting event in the first place?

Yet again, these conservatives are all about symbolism and nothing else.

Last edited:
I walked away and I was a victim, if you want to use that word, of racism.
What makes a man is what a man does. I worked, I worked hard.
These protesters worked hard too and became millionaires.
How can they keep protesting over the plight of
THOSE WHO WILL NOT WORK?

I understand that but....I guess being in the military and having friends from all walks of life, whether it's religion, race or whatever, we all have the same opportunity in life that this country offers. It's what we make for ourselves.

So you think being a young black kid right now on the Chicago South Side has the same opportunities you did? Really?!? With bullets whizzing by your head when you go outside?

Exactly, two- thirds of the NFL is composed of black players. I mean, how dare they act out in protest exercising their damn 1st amendment rights without being abused by rightists?

Why is the National Anthem in a sports game in the first place?

Yet again, these conservatives are all about symbolism and nothing else.

As employees, they do not enjoy first amendment protection.
I don't think that there is even a unified reason to be protesting, but they know, it gets them attention for any cause that they want to take up.

So you think being a young black kid right now on the Chicago South Side has the same opportunities you did? Really?!? With bullets whizzing by your head when you go outside?

Is that not a local problem?
Is that the normative state for all black children?
Where I live, black children are not in fear of their lives...

I walked away and I was a victim, if you want to use that word, of racism.
What makes a man is what a man does. I worked, I worked hard.
These protesters worked hard too and became millionaires.
How can they keep protesting over the plight of
THOSE WHO WILL NOT WORK?

You are merely HALF INDIAN, you do not know about discrimination nor do you have the capacity to relate. Even white non-rightist posters in here have the capacity for empathy, something you do not possess.

You do not know much about any NFL player, you are just pulling things out of your ass, because they are a monolith to you and your myopic mind.

Something is very wrong with you.
You seem to enjoy playing Devil's Advocate. You are usually on the WRONG side about issues dealing with fairness and justice, you know, moral issues.

You had an interesting, dare I say civil discussion started, but you have attracted one of the all knowing Trolls fairly quickly.

The others will be here soon, this is why you can’t have an adult discussion.

How do you know they are not trying to improve the situation? Do you know these players' lives or are you too busy following Faux news and other biased media sources?

Many of these players have spent plenty of their time volunteering at community centers, mentoring children, among other works of philanthropy and donating to anti-police brutality organizations. They don't just sit back and rest on their laurels.

I have a question, why is it that many conservatives seem to only care about "patriotic symbolism" yada yada yada, while ignoring the actual plight of their fellow citizens such as the US having one of the highest infant mortality rates in the developed world?

Where is the outrage regarding the inequalities of the justice system for their fellow citizens? Why are so many brute cops not punished for their actions?

Too often their motto seems to be "Love the country, to hell with their fellow countrymen"

I wasn't questioning their patriotism. I just wonder why they are using the anthem to protest, I know quite a few do volunteer there time and money to good causes. I believe that conservatives are worried about the plight of the infant mortality rate in the US, what can we all do about it? What are liberals doing about it?

As far as police brutality, I agree with you, their are bad cops just as their are bad criminals, that being said, I don't believe that gives a person with a badge and a gun to be an asshole! It reflects on law enforcement, not the country on a whole.

Op maybe shot some people. Maybe not. I did my time too, messing with aircraft radios in fighters. But I don't crow about it and belittle those who do other things.

Hey OhPeee, ever think you did your time protecting the rights of those players to kneel, or dance or spit when they feel like it?

Besides, I thought the friggin' righttard bible thumpers were all into that God fearing, prayin' and kneelin' shit?

Look what they do with their opportunities, they demonstrate against and insult the people and the country that gave it all to them. I don't deny their right to be stupid, but I do refuse to subsidize them in any way shape for form. Just my opinion.

You had an interesting, dare I say civil discussion started, but you have attracted one of the all knowing Trolls fairly quickly.

"civil discussion"?

He came in here pushing his "flag must be worshipped" agenda and people pushed back against his profoundly anti-American notion.

So you think being a young black kid right now on the Chicago South Side has the same opportunities you did? Really?!? With bullets whizzing by your head when you go outside?[/QUOTE

Why don't they? I made the choice to leave and better myself, don't they have that opportunity? I know they are in a bad situation but why stay in it?

You are merely HALF INDIAN, you do not know about discrimination nor do you have the capacity to relate.

How the fuck do you know the circumstances of his life. This is the kind of stupid shit that marginalizes everything you say. :rolleyes:

Is that not a local problem?
Is that the normative state for all black children?
Where I live, black children are not in fear of their lives...

A local problem. In Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore, LA, DC, NY, New Orleans, Miami, Boston, Detroit, San Diego, Houston, Dallas, St. Louis, Savannah, to name just a few. There is not equal opportunity where there is not equal access. Intelligent people would agree.

I can probably guess who it is.

Back