New Poetry Recommendations

From yesterday .... I don't understand how an author can admit he wrote his poem in five minutes (with no editing) then complain loudly when readers notice and say so

Yeah, I enjoyed reading Salutatorian. The dry humour undertone is what makes that poem work brilliantly.

as promised, because unlike me, live4passion, he won't. Of course if you were astute, you would realized why.

Memento Mori

bygreenmountaineer

to help along the way

and

which I liked and said why, and may have been the best,
but seriously now, would you trust the judgment of the man with 1,000 enemies.
which in lit math may be 5.

as promised, because unlike me, live4passion, he won't. Of course if you were astute, you would realized why.

Memento Mori

bygreenmountaineer

to help along the way

and

which I liked and said why, and may have been the best,
but seriously now, would you trust the judgment of the man with 1,000 enemies.
which in lit math may be 5.

seconded (actually I came to recommend but you got here first!) If you're going to wade through the lot this is a little gem waiting to be found

greenmountaineer's Maggie's Stream of Consciousness

i'm guessing this might be religious maggie, not overly impressed with her husband's accessing of conjugal rights; not only unimpressed but removed enough to be almost absent from the process. sadly enough, it's all too often a truth. words like 'neanderthal', 'pig' (evoking boar/boor in my head), and 'bull' are harsh but vivid.

I think Mr. Hughes by greenmountaineer is one of his best poems, which means I think it is really good. Go read it and see if you agree with me.

Some interesting poems posted over the weekend. Here are some I liked:
  • Rendering Lard According to Kate (revised title) by greenmountaineer is an unusal, and slightly gruesome (or perhaps just matter-of-fact), list poem that I find quite striking. Certainly different from the usual Lit poeticisms. Check it out.
  • Kaishaku posts an elegant little Asianesque (?) poem, from a splash, that is well worth a read. Well, I think so, anyway.
  • Fortunately, I've read Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part 1, so I know (or think I know) what fridayam's poem Joan the Puzzle is about, not that a bit of quick Googling wouldn't clear it up. Interesting poem with one really great description ("cloth-eared soldiers"). Go read and tell Mr. Am oui or non about his pome.
  • First Cause by oneiria is almost more aphorism than poem, but it is kind of funny and thought-provoking at the same time. Worth a read.
  • Finally, ShannonNiggins' Pork-fried Rice is light and funny and might leave you hungry again an hour later, which in context is a good thing.
Anyway, y'all have a good day.

3AM Pondering by sengmengida is a poem I quite like, for a number of reasons. It uses rhyme well, and cleverly, and meter, ditto, but I must confess I feel it a bit lacking ultimately, for no obvious reasons (which probably says more about me than about the author).

Anyway, check it out. Worthwhile, I think, though I may be incompetent as recommendor.

Anarchia by seannelson©

I enjoyed this one. Most likely for what it represented to me. Give it a read if you find the time.

Also, a sweet one by by Boxlicker101 called Six Months Old Today. Just sweet--and I liked it because of how it speaks of experiences.

There may be others--didn't get to read the full week.

Deerfly by oneiria is a poem that bounces like being swatted--creative content matches rhythm.

the E.E. Cummings inspired Why Frank's it Isn't a This by greenmountaineer plays with words in an unusual fashion. It caused to quite a lively debate with my significant other as to meaning and intent. PoissonSurLaLune describes it quite well in the comments under the poem.

Give these two a read if time is kind to you today.

so far....

I would like to point y'all to a poem by Oneiria The Tenacity of Lagomorphs

A day late, on my part, perhaps, but I don't remember seeing it yesterday and I would have, I think, remembered the word lagomorphs because it's one of the strangest words I ever heard ;)

A short but well thought out write. Worth a read AND a vote!

~ m

~~~~~

Don't just read it, think about it!

New pens (sic)
Most "new poems" are DOA, keep it as short and as original as possible, irresolution is often better than havering a conclusion drawn out for you, a question is better than an answer. With that, I recommend

soft lace and thunder
by
bylive4passion

oneiria sometimes has the knack for that but with oneiria , I often get the feeling I'm reading oneiria. Still, worth a look.

As a consumer I don't want the same old, same old, because very few can do it to a level the makes it worthwhile to read.

I know, I know, I'm jaded. Comes with reading, ya know. Read a hundred times more than you write. There are almost no idiot savants in poetry. Too many idiots, almost no savants. Strive for the middle ground. That is not that hard.

Back