New Milestones Thread

My story "Pictures of Her" is officially the 120th all time highest rated story in Romance with over 500 votes. Doesn't sound like much, but that is out of almost 24K stories, puts it in the top 0.5 percentile. And actually, it is in a 66 way tie for 78th.

Not number one, or any of the more realistic big things like top ten or top hundred, but it feels like an accomplishment. At least it's an indication that maybe I know what I'm doing with this.

My story "Pictures of Her" is officially the 120th all time highest rated story in Romance with over 500 votes. Doesn't sound like much, but that is out of almost 24K stories, puts it in the top 0.5 percentile. And actually, it is in a 66 way tie for 78th.

Not number one, or any of the more realistic big things like top ten or top hundred, but it feels like an accomplishment. At least it's an indication that maybe I know what I'm doing with this.
It deserves it. It’s a really wonderful story.

I've got an interesting mixed milestone combo.

First, I hit 300 followers! Let there be rejoicing :)

Second, my newest story appears to be on track to not get an H. This is my fifth submission total (sixth if you count one that I pulled down and am currently revising), and this will be the first such occurrence. I'm not at all worried about it, since I'm pretty confident it's because of plot choices and themes rather than any actual deficiencies in craft, at least compared to my previous works. Still, it would be really, really nice if we could see the exact scoring breakdown, like on Amazon, to verify hypotheses about people just 1-bombing stories that don't appeal to their specific tastes.

Whew, looks like a false alarm actually! It used to be at 4.07 with 20 votes but it's now 4.61 with 130 votes so I think we're out of the woods :)

Last edited:
1 million views.

A milestone for sure. Since August 2017, that's 65 stories, 51 currently with red Hs (another half dozen have had one), one contest place.

And 4667 votes, 305 comments, 320 Followers, and 618+1552 adds to Reading Lists - not sure which of those is Favourites.
Average score of 4.60, or 4.62 if you ignore the 750-word ones.

Odd that people are more likely to Follow than actually say anything. Also have PMs related to stories now into double digits - ignoring the ones that simply say "Hi." or "I'm a bored married man in London" - those are down to about one a week since I removed my sex from my profile.

Commenters and voters are all very much appreciated!

Temp.jpg
You are quickly approaching Lit’s All time most followed author list. I was fortunate enough to reach it LY with ~2500 followers. You’ll get there around 2600 as the floor continues to rise. Congrats!

Last edited:
Back