New Jersey Roll Call

Having a 5.2 earthquake was not what I had in mind for a good weekend!

We are about 10 miles west of the epicenter. The whole house shook violently for about 15 or 20 seconds. Was working from home and thought our furnace had blown up.

It sounded like an explosion, so I went outside, but I couldn’t really hear anything out there. When I went back inside, the house was still shaking a tiny bit.

Damn!
I'm in North Plainfield and the first thought I had was that a full dump truck had hit the building! That was definitely a new expereience!

Sorry, had to be done

I was cleaning the window at work and then everything started rattling. I thought for a split second ...earthquake and then I said no it’s just a big truck passing. Then I looked out the door and there was a truck passing 🤷🏼‍♀️

Good morning New Jerzeeeeee 🤣

Well after a few gorgeous, warm sunny days ....... w since again have dreary, rainy clouds above our heads?? For today and tomorrow it seems but we can't complain after these last days.

Sucks though since Thursday is when my wife goes play pickleball with her new found buddies ........ 4 older gentlemen who has taken to a liking to my wife and have her joining them despite them already having 4 to team up with. She'll need to wait for next Thursday I guess to Garner their attention hnmmmmm?!

Beautiful today and tomorrow as well. Hope everyone gets to get out and enjoy it ☀️
Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and today's gonna be another great day!! Hope everyone enjoys it while it's here. Gonna be cloudy and dreary for the rest of the week or until Saturday I think?!?!

Enjoy 😊

Looks like it's clearing up for today with blue skies and the sun suddenly appearing yay!! Hopefully it'll remain in the 60s and above from now on so we can really begin to enjoy spring and then summer 🙂 enjoy the weekend everyone!

While we go back to work tomorrow, it’s going to be a lovely week ☀️

What an absolutely fabulous day today!!! Tot hink we woke up with temperatures in the 30s and now it's mid 60s up here in NNJ with brilliant sunshine!!!!!! Hope you guys got to enjoy the weather outside or will take that walk after dinner later!!!!??

About another dozen or so degrees it'll be perfect weather but after that we'll all be complaining that it's " too hot " haaaa!!?!??

What an absolutely fabulous day today!!! Tot hink we woke up with temperatures in the 30s and now it's mid 60s up here in NNJ with brilliant sunshine!!!!!! Hope you guys got to enjoy the weather outside or will take that walk after dinner later!!!!??

About another dozen or so degrees it'll be perfect weather but after that we'll all be complaining that it's " too hot " haaaa!!?!??
I'm ready to trade in the jackets for baithing suits lol

Before they were giant box stores and Home Depot and Lowe’s, there was channel home improvement.

Anyone remember that?

We had one in Flemington and I bought these sawhorse kits there probably in the late 90s. Still working!!

Channel AND Rickel.
owned by Don Rickles. (Just making that up.) I forgot all about that store.

My wife grew up in New Jersey and she remembers EJ Korvettes (eight Jewish Korean War vets). I recall RJ Mars, a small time department store.

Anyone remember the fast food chain, Gino’s? There is one in Flemington that we used to go to all the time.

It’s gonna be nice today, but very cool.

We grow seedlings on our farm, and we definitely have to bring things in at night the last few nights.

Warm up on the way!

Back