Need a Little Help with a Super Bowl-Related Story - Unlikely Teams

Not the way I do things. The scene staging has to be relatable without a bunch of setup/explanation.

Yep. Team names may not be important to those who don't care, but those who might follow the sport will get a mild chuckle from the alleged matchup.

Haven't decided which city/stadium is going to host it. Anybody care to offer a clue about which big-ish city has the most dilapidated and rundown pro venue? How about a city that simply can't handle the crowds? Lambeau Field in Green Bay, for instance.
You did say that the story is taking place at a party, not at the site itself. Maybe the NFL wouldn't care a bit; I don't know. As I said, some people are very cautious about such things.

Usually the Super Bowl is not held in a team city, but in some place that is mild during the winter. One year it was at Giants Stadium in New Jersey, which can get very cold this time of the year. The weather held up, but the train service that was supposed to take people to and from there got rather bollixed.

https://deadspin.com/why-the-super-...appened-1514932712ghtmare-happened-1514932712

Yeah. Any usages are passing at best. It's not about the game, it's about the party where the excuse for getting together is the game. Some of the satire is going to be whether a loud cheer from the crowd is about a game play, or if it's about the group watching two of the partiers "landing" their togetherness.

;)

I might use Lambeau Field anyway, and having the game end in whiteout conditions.

Not the way I do things. The scene staging has to be relatable without a bunch of setup/explanation.

Yep. Team names may not be important to those who don't care, but those who might follow the sport will get a mild chuckle from the alleged matchup.

Haven't decided which city/stadium is going to host it. Anybody care to offer a clue about which big-ish city has the most dilapidated and rundown pro venue? How about a city that simply can't handle the crowds? Lambeau Field in Green Bay, for instance.

So, the NFL's "system" for where the Super Bowl is held basically comes down to rotating between Miami, Tampa, Phoenix and San Diego except when a team gets a shiny new stadium, then you get to host a Super Bowl (that's why it was in NY awhile back, they had just opened their new stadium, and why it is in Vegas this year.
It will never be in Green Bay. The city lacks the infrastructure.
I'll add, that depending on how it goes this year, Vegas might edge into the rotation.
Lots of stuff happens "Super Bowl week" so they prefer warm weather cities. The cold places only get it when they build a new stadium.

Yeah. Any usages are passing at best. It's not about the game, it's about the party where the excuse for getting together is the game. Some of the satire is going to be whether a loud cheer from the crowd is about a game play, or if it's about the group watching two of the partiers "landing" their togetherness.

;)

I might use Lambeau Field anyway, and having the game end in whiteout conditions.
You might find this site worthwhile. It's a bit difficult to navigate, but it attempts to describe every professional sports facility that ever existed - in the United States, for sure, and maybe Canada too.

https://ballparks.com/

I'm trying to wrap-up a story about a swinger bash with the Super Bowl as an excuse for staging the wild sex party. Instead of getting into the emotions and politics of the current and recent Super Bowls, I'd like the "big game" in the story to be between two of the least likely teams possible.

I am not a pro football fan. I played tight end in school, so I'm not a complete dummy, tackling or otherwise. But I do not know the structure of the pro team leagues, and which teams are NFC and AFC, and whether that makes any difference. So tell me...

Which franchises, in your opinion, have been consistently the worst team in each conference, and why would you never expect them to be in a Super Bowl. IOW, a Super Bowl for the abject losers.
AC Milan playing Liverpool

Jets and Giants would be an unlikely pairing as well.

Both from NY although they play in Jersey, two different divisions, neither team very good right now.
They are FROM New Jersey, and they play in New Jersey. They never changed their names when they moved. Every dime that goes into those teams pays NJ taxes
The only team in The Empire State is the Buffalo Bills

Well, yes. The Boston Patrioots became the New England Patriots when they moved to Foxboro, which is in the same state. The Los Angeles Angels baseball team became the California Angels when they moved to Anaheim. Eventually they took the Los Angeles name back, although they are still in Anaheim. The city of Los Angeles has some very arbitrary and strange borders, as does the city of Boston. To them, it became one big metro area.

Crossing a state line? I don't know, but I don't worry about it. Why is Bayside or Staten Island in New York City while Hoboken is not? Again, boundaries are political fictions, they don't reflect on- the-ground realities. They do show up in tax collections, however.

Well, yes. The Boston Patrioots became the New England Patriots when they moved to Foxboro, which is in the same state. The Los Angeles Angels baseball team became the California Angels when they moved to Anaheim. Eventually they took the Los Angeles name back, although they are still in Anaheim. The city of Los Angeles has some very arbitrary and strange borders, as does the city of Boston. To them, it became one big metro area.

Crossing a state line? I don't know, but I don't worry about it. Why is Bayside or Staten Island in New York City while Hoboken is not? Again, boundaries are political fictions, they don't reflect on- the-ground realities. They do show up in tax collections, however.

If you want to get technical...
the Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers play in the city of Tampa. Tampa Bay is the body of water, not a populated area.

They are FROM New Jersey, and they play in New Jersey. They never changed their names when they moved. Every dime that goes into those teams pays NJ taxes
The only team in The Empire State is the Buffalo Bills
Hi Duleigh: I replied to this but I forgot to include your comments.

Back