National Conservatism

desecration

Virgin
Politics in America, Britain, and other Western nations have taken a sharp turn toward nationalism—a commitment to a world of independent nations. This has been disorienting to many, not least the American conservative movement, which has, since the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989, grown increasingly attached to a vision of a global “rules-based liberal order” that would bring peace and prosperity to the entire world while attenuating the independence of nations.

The return of nationalism has created a much-discussed “crisis of conservatism” that may be unprecedented since modern Anglo-American conservatism was formulated by Russell Kirk, William Buckley, and their colleagues in the 1950s. At the heart of this crisis is a question: Is the new American and British nationalism a hostile usurper that has arrived on the scene to displace political conservatism? Or is nationalism an essential, if neglected, part of the Anglo-American conservative tradition at its best?

https://nationalconservatism.org/about/

Nationalism was once used as a cudgel by conservatives to question the patriotism of those who did not support American foreign policy.

There is nothing today about Nationalism that remotely resembles the sort of nationalism touted by Bill Buckley in the 1960-1970s.

Today's "Nationalism" is shorthand for "White Christian Nationalism", the toxic brew of mandated Christianity and authoritarian goosestepping embodied so well by Trump and his feeble-minded minions.

Today's "Nationalism" is shorthand for "White Christian Nationalism", the toxic brew of mandated Christianity and authoritarian goosestepping embodied so well by Trump and his feeble-minded minions.

The thread starter has been wrapping his arms around members like BB and wizzard426 - the latter having used vehemently-racist Stormfront.org-type language on here in recent days.

So this makes sense. 🤔

The thread starter has been wrapping his arms around members like BB and wizzard426 - the latter having used vehemently-racist Stormfront.org language on here in recent days.

So this makes sense. 🤔
BB reminds me of the infamous quote by Henry Kissinger "If I wasn't born a Jew, I'm pretty sure I'd be an anti-Semite".

"Christian Nationalism" and "civic nationalism" both seem rather confused to me. The NatCons are the ones who had the conference that got shut down by security forces.

Back