Myanmar-China Border Conflict

gxnn

Really Really Experienced
Since Oct 27, there have been many reports by Chinese language we-media outlets on various social media about the civil wars between Kokang (a small area in Myanmar) militants backed by China and the Myanamar government military. But only on today's Global News Network (a media outlet of half-official nature sponsored by the Chinese government) the first report appears, telling us that the People's Liberation Army troops stationed in Yunnan (a border province of China to Myanmar) were sent to play war games along the border, to ensure the safety of local people.

According to the we-media, Kokang militants have found a lot of "lost" weaponry in the deep forest and that is why they who are outnumbered could easily win the fight with the government forces.

So far, I haven't found any single one piece of news about this anti-telefraud civil war in Myanmar in CBS, NBC, or other major media, and I wonder why the mainstream media in the West did not give a full coverage as they did the Israel-Hamas war or the Russian-Ukraine war?

So, another large and dominant country involved in a piecemeal invasion of a neighbor that they perceive as weak.

Sounds familiar.

^^^^ Myanmar invaded itself and has so far gone unchallenged in restoring democracy. If China can facilitate that, I don't see a problem.

Oil, eternal civil war, and China next door. Yes, China will get involved to take some oil.

^^^^ Myanmar invaded itself and has so far gone unchallenged in restoring democracy. If China can facilitate that, I don't see a problem.
China has no intention of "restoring democracy." China helped facilitate the coup that ended democracy.

China has no intention of "restoring democracy." China helped facilitate the coup that ended democracy.
There was no democracy ever in that rogue country. The Nobel Prize winner Ang San Suu Ki was placed under house arrest for several times, and the junta government did not even know how big the territory under its control is, because there are so many warlords scattering around the whole country. Like the Diaoyu Island near Taiwan, which China claims to be its integral territory, is controlled by Japan in real life.

There was no democracy ever in that rogue country. The Nobel Prize winner Ang San Suu Ki was placed under house arrest for several times, and the junta government did not even know how big the territory under its control is, because there are so many warlords scattering around the whole country. Like the Diaoyu Island near Taiwan, which China claims to be its integral territory, is controlled by Japan in real life.
Warlords? Minority parties? And who were those "warlords?" Perhaps part of the military junta that ruled the nation for so long? It should come as no surprise that they would fear and resent their loss of power. And now those very same warlords are back in power. Back in power with the full backing of the CCP.

As pointed out in the clip I linked China has a vested interest in insuring Myanmar remains a puppet regime. And I fully understand the reasoning behind that move, but it's all for naught. Shortening the supply lines don't eliminate the vulnerability of those lines, look at a map.

China WAS a manufacturing hub. Raw materials and energy flowed in, finished goods flowed out. all by sea. Not anymore. China is in the midst of an economic collapse all brought about by CCP policy. No one trusts you anymore. The sea lanes that you are totally dependent upon for your raw materials, food, energy, and export of finished goods is subject to being cut at anytime. The only way you can replace those resources is to cross the Amur River and in that event Russia has made it clear, they're not going to fight you on land, they're going to nuke you.

The CCP's "Wolf Warrior" policy is blowing up.

Warlords? Minority parties? And who were those "warlords?" Perhaps part of the military junta that ruled the nation for so long? It should come as no surprise that they would fear and resent their loss of power. And now those very same warlords are back in power. Back in power with the full backing of the CCP.

As pointed out in the clip I linked China has a vested interest in insuring Myanmar remains a puppet regime. And I fully understand the reasoning behind that move, but it's all for naught. Shortening the supply lines don't eliminate the vulnerability of those lines, look at a map.

China WAS a manufacturing hub. Raw materials and energy flowed in, finished goods flowed out. all by sea. Not anymore. China is in the midst of an economic collapse all brought about by CCP policy. No one trusts you anymore. The sea lanes that you are totally dependent upon for your raw materials, food, energy, and export of finished goods is subject to being cut at anytime. The only way you can replace those resources is to cross the Amur River and in that event Russia has made it clear, they're not going to fight you on land, they're going to nuke you.

The CCP's "Wolf Warrior" policy is blowing up.
To some extent, I agree with you. Due to the inaccessibility to much useful info from this side of firewall, I posted this thread. But I do not understand why Biden would have invited President Xi to San Francisco for talks when the US can handle the world working with its allies. OK, maybe I am childish and naive, I would like to hear more interesting things about that.

Hardly any coverage in the US. I saw a headline from Yahoo that might have been picked up from Reuters.

It's almost always good when leaders meet face to face so there is that.

As near as I've read a lot of lofty words were spoken but I've yet to see any concrete plans that have resulted from the meeting. With no plans it's difficult to measure any success that may arise. My feeling is that nothing much is going to change.

It's almost always good when leaders meet face to face so there is that.

As near as I've read a lot of lofty words were spoken but I've yet to see any concrete plans that have resulted from the meeting. With no plans it's difficult to measure any success that may arise. My feeling is that nothing much is going to change.
As far as I know, we Chinese side would like to work with the American friends and colleagues to address problems. But each time when we both sides reached an agreement, then American side would breach it the next day. Like this time, both sides agreed not to stimulate each other over the Taiwan question, then some parliament people began to make visits to Taiwan. You know, such "a big bad wolf comes" game has jaded and annoyed the Chinese government and its people as well. Perhaps you may say that President Biden cannot control the bipartizan congress, but many ordinary people in China do not know and care about that, they believe the executive and legislature departments of the US are the same as in a one-Party ruled country and that they are always playing tongue in cheek or dishonest in affairs concerning China.

As far as I know, we Chinese side would like to work with the American friends and colleagues to address problems. But each time when we both sides reached an agreement, then American side would breach it the next day. Like this time, both sides agreed not to stimulate each other over the Taiwan question, then some parliament people began to make visits to Taiwan. You know, such "a big bad wolf comes" game has jaded and annoyed the Chinese government and its people as well. Perhaps you may say that President Biden cannot control the bipartizan congress, but many ordinary people in China do not know and care about that, they believe the executive and legislature departments of the US are the same as in a one-Party ruled country and that they are always playing tongue in cheek or dishonest in affairs concerning China.
That is precisely the issue. Nor can our president, or congress for that matter, exert total control over the economy. I'm quite certain that from your perspective that looks messy, chaotic, and to an extent it is, but we like it that way.

Back