Multiculturalism

You made me Google "bathing machines". It was not what I expected. No that I really knew what to expect.

This is a bathing machine with a modesty hood. The women, usually women, entered the bathing machine on dry land, changed into their swimming clothes and the machine was pulled into the sea by a horse. Once in the water the woman came down the steps under the modesty hood, was ducked under water by the female attendant, and then returned into the machine to change.

With the modesty hood properly used, the woman could be naked. That was apparently recommended for some skin conditions.

bathing14.jpg

After the First World War many old bathing machines had their wheels removed and became beach huts for changing in.

Well, for balance.
Plenty of GB threads call out people for being "racist conservatives".

And it's also a sign of my own evolution, since I joined the forum.
I started a thread calling out the GB conservatives, when I joined. Funny how you GB libs. managed to talk me out of my initial beliefs.

Evidence consists of links, hashtag, not your take-aways or perceptions. The links should also point at many people, the GB Libs, not just one or two you dislike. Link to your thread calling out the GB conservatives, too. I don't recall seeing that, and I don't know which account you mean. I suppose it must be this account as you say it was when you first started.

If the "GB Libs" have talked you out of your belief system, that would astonish me. As an observer, I think it's more likely that you want desperately to be like 4est, Miles, and busy because they didn't ignore you. You are forcing the change on yourself. Trying to blame others is weak.

Here's one of the beautiful people from Down Under:

Laughable. Nearly all the rest of the Bill of Rights has been, if not rescinded, severely abused and you haven't raised your frigging guns against that.

You're a bunch of ignorant fantasists.

They just cannot engage politely with those with whom they disagree...

The main issues are:
- the exponential, alarming increase in hours. It's a subtle trend.
Supply and demand. I think it's silly, but that's religion for ya.

I must say though, it doesn't take much to alarm you. I'd settle for being annoyed.

- and why put them during hours such as friday nights, when most working people typically attend?
I don't know about you, but pool water is not the liquid I spend my friday nights with.

BelgianAmberBeer256x256.png

Exercise is more of a saturday afternoon kind of thing.

Why give men the 50m swimming pools and women the 20m ones? When only those who are just starting to learn how to swim are among the few who use 2O m swimming pools?
My first guess would be that there were more men than women wanting to swim? But feel free to go straight for the most nerfarious theory.

Our local swimming pool was built in the 1980s.

It had clear glass windows with the lower edges about a metre above the outside level. After a few months obscure film was applied to the glass to a height of about another metre. Why?

It wasn't because of offended Muslims. It was to deter teenage boys who would make gestures at the women swimmers. Multiculturalism? No. We had one obviously black man in the town. He was a swimming instructor and was inside. We had staff of the Chinese and Indian restaurants who rarely went near the swimming pool.

BUT - inside the swimming pool complex was a cafe overlooking the pool with a clear glass wall. If you really wanted to watch the semi-naked swimmers you had to buy a drink.

Or you could go to the beach 200 metres away and see it all free.

Now in the 21st Century we have some evidence of multiple cultures. We still have segregated sessions for women and men, as we have had since the pool opened. We still have the obscure glass outside, the clear glass in the cafe, and semi-nude bodies on the beach.

If the pool has white, brown, black and yellow bodies in it, no one notices, just as we don't on the beach or in the sea.

We have a few women walking around our town in flowing robes with close fitting headscarves. The only time anyone notices is on the very rare occasions that someone is wearing a face veil too - unless they are motorcyclists.

1.Most people who see swimming as a sport/ opportunity to exercise, rather than just recreation (use goggles, wett their hair, exercise intensely) prefer evening hours, because they have red eyes, blocked sinuses and are exhausted after that. A lot of them use friday nights to finnish off the working week, so thar saturday sunday would be exclusdively for recreation.

Look at the swimming pools on saturday afternoons: mostly people who blob around or are only trying to have fun.

2.Nope. Most swimming pools are half and half.

This is supremely odd and does not match my experience at all. By the way, I am a serious swimmer, hashtag. I am at my local pool at 5:00 AM when it opens and the morning is by far the most crowded time. Should I wait until 6:00 AM, the lanes are overcrowded and I don't enjoy the swim.

My friends who swim and complete triathlons all get their workouts in in the morning as well. These are all Americans, but they are spread across the US.

This being my experience with my local pool and people known to me, I won't assume all pools are the same or that every person has the same experience at their pool. You really should stop doing that, yourself.

I've also never gotten out of the pool after a hard swim with red eyes (because goggles) and blocked sinuses (wtf?).

1.Most people who see swimming as a sport/ opportunity to exercise, rather than just recreation (use goggles, wett their hair, exercise intensely) prefer evening hours, because they have red eyes, blocked sinuses and are exhausted after that. A lot of them use friday nights to finnish off the working week, so that saturday sunday would be exclussively for recreation.

Look at the swimming pools on saturday afternoons: mostly people who blob around, don't wet their hair, and are only trying to have fun.
I look at the swimming pools I go to. Seems to follow the same pattern as gyms. Tryhards take the morning passes, regular excercisers take the weekends, and weekday afternoons and evenings are for casuals. Could be a local praxis depending on where you live.

2.Nope. Most swimming pools are half and half.
This was about one instance of segregated hours in one pool. The relevant question is how many of those who requestes it were men v women.

I apologize to #### and AJ for victimizing them and making them feel "subhuman". I hope they accept this gift;

RjmLtxM.jpg

sGTTblw.gif

Another lib gem:

Yes, I realize you and other trump apologists have jumped through countless hoops and convinced yourselves that it wasn't. So obviously to all are right and most rational people are wrong. :rolleyes:

It's laughable the people who revel in "trump says what he means" then spin around and claim "He didn't mean what he said!" LOL

Good for you; you scored more points.

I know that a lot of people (mostly men) prefer mornings, maybe because it makes them feel better for the rest of the day and they don't care a damn about how they look.

I always preferred evenings. And I saw that a lot of other women used evening hours as well. Not very pleasant to start your day with red eyes and blocked sinuses, and exhausted.

Back home and I suspect in Sweden too (less so here, I have to agree ) 50 m. swimming pools were packed with more serious swimmers -regardless of abilities: those who were interested in swimming, as opposed to floating on a raft and so on- from 8 to 9 pm.
They avoided them during daytime and especially during weekends, when they were crowded by air beds and iddle people who were getting in their way.

What the fuck are you talking about with red eyes and blocked sinuses? Swimmers wear goggles. I've never left the pool with blocked sinuses. None of my friends who swim for exercise, endurance, or competition complain about blocked sinuses.

Tryhard men, not women.
And that decision, to hijack evening hours discriminates against women.

I have no idea what you were trying to say there.

Are there no tryhard women swimming in the mornings?

Back