Moving On (open)

"Hmmm fraid its the usual drama" Ian said a small smile on his face as he turned to look at Alexandra "Just got out of the Navy and out of a very uh bitter marriage I found out that she was.... entertaining my best friend and then tried to take off with my child I got out early as I was planning to do it until retirement and fought her until I wont custody"

Ian leaned down to kiss her hair before turning back to her "All in all its been rough but I am happy about it I get to be a proper father know which is really what I wanted to begin with"

Kali smiled and nodded in understanding, "well then I guess it worked out in the end... So do you two plan on making home here or is this just a pit stop to somewhere else?" In her head she knew what she was hoping his answer would be, which was odd since she had just met him that morning.. But there was just something about him... And his daughter was pretty much adorable.

"Oh were not going any where" Ian said smiling and glancing over at his daughter "we love this town far to much to ever leave it I am trying to find some thing in town I am sure I will however it was a shock to the system and since I had to get out early im scrambling to modify my original plans"

He explained it all between bites smiling at her as he did "what about you? Any plans to every leave the city?" He asked trying to make it sound casual instead of leading.

She tried not to show her relief at this answer and then she smiled back him, shaking her head, "nah, I'm pretty set where I'm at.. Well- in this town.. I have to find a new place to live at the end of the month which in sure won't be much fun, but the owners of the place I'm at now sold it.. She shrugged, "but it was probably time anyway." She turned her attention to the girl, "so Alexa, what color leotard do you want?- I've got pink purple black yellow or blue." She smiled at the girl, watching her out real thought into it

Ian waited until Alexandra had finishing answer (Blue of course her favorite color) before speaking again.

"I hope you find some thing" He said smiling softly "Were in the same boat really my mother is having us stay with her in her guest house but its not the ideal especially since were both sharing the bed" Ian said smiling at his daughter "I have enough saved up for a decent place but want to make sure I have a secured job before I get settled"

Smiling, "blue it is then!" She focused back on Ian, "well at least you have family here... But I'm sure it gets "cozy" at times...!it will be nice to have a place to call your own once you able to find the right place." She was having a good time, having an adult conversation with a very attractive man... Something that she hadn't done in a long time

"Cozy is one way of saying it" Ian said snorting and shaking his head "I cant wait if I am being honest I love my mother to death but still..... Now that im out you could say im over eager for freedom"

Ian glanced down smiling at his daughter before checking the time "While I would hate to cut our early dinner date short" He remarked showing her the time "I am sure you have a class to teach"

He rose up fishing the money out of his pocket and putting it down on the table. He helped Alexandra up first and then turning offered her his hand.

She saw the time and knew he was right. "Yeah we better get going so we can get someone squared away before class starts." She took his offered hand, smiling, as she stood up and they made their way to the studio. She opened the door and led them over to leotards and shoes... She grabbed one sure to fit the girl, along with tights, and shoes... "These will do, and as she gets going, if she decides she likes it she can take other classes and she will need specific shoes and stuff."

She pointed to where the girl could get changed, and as father and daughter went into the area Kali greeted the students as they filed in

Ian thanked her and after taking the outfit led Alexandra to the changing area. He got her dressed quickly over eager to get back to the hot dance teacher that was catching his eye. He idly wondered if he could watch her change while his daughter adjusted and pranced in the mirror with her new outfit.....

She was finally ready and Ian led her out noting she was greeting the other students coming in. Ian dropped down kissing her daughter on her forehead and letting her run off to introduce her self to the other kids in the class.

"Is there a place I can hang and watch for the lesson" Ian asked coming over once the other parents had finished talking and dropping off their kids "I actually didnt make any plans since I knew It was her first day of school" He said clapping the back of his neck and rubbing it.

She smiled at him , "sure- if you walk around that corner it's a two way mirror.. That way parents can watch but the kids can focus without distraction... The beginner classes are only an hour so I am sure you will survive that long." She winked at him

"Great" Ian replied smiling "Thats just what I was looking for!"

He turned blowing Alexandra a kiss before going into the room she designated. He pulled his phone out tapping his mom a message to let him know what he was doing. She of course asked for pictures and he obliged taking some for her and then settling back to watch her and the sexy dance teacher.

Kali focused on her students as she walked them thru the class. The hour passed fairly quickly and soon parents were there gathering their children. She walked over with Alexa and smiled at her good looking daddy- "she's a natural dad... I think you may be in trouble." She winked at him. "I wanted to thank you again for dinner." Smiling, "I just need to grab a couple things and lock up for the night.. Then I will be ready."

Last edited:
"I am in no rush" Ian replied eyeing her up and down and smiling "And no need to thank me it has been far far to long since I went out with a pretty girl"

He winked at her and then bent down talking with his daughter about her new class while he waited for her to finish. She was so excited and he soon got caught up in her excitement to as he admired her growth.

She smiled and went to the office to gather her things. She returned a few minutes later and saw the two in full conversation. "Alright you two- I'm done now."

They all climbed into the truck and on the ride back to the school the little girl didn't stop talking the entire time.. It didn't bother Kali- she spent a majority of her time talking with kids, although she wouldn't have minded talking a little more with her daddy... They pulled back into the parking lot, her car the sole car left. "Alright you two, thanks for the ride and I will see you in the morning!"

As she drove home and prepared to relax for the night she couldn't get them out of her head, particularly the girls dad.. She tried to focus on the tv show she was supposed to be watching, but her thoughts kept wandering..

Last edited:
His night was most the same

His mother was more than ready to see Alexandra by the time they got home. He was grateful for that as it meant that he could go shower and try to shake off the feeling the dance teacher had left him with.

It had been a long time since he felt.... Interested in any one. After the bad divorce and being out on duty for so long there were many aspects of being a civilian that he was still becoming accustomed to.

Yet it was nice he thought to himself as he pulled on a simple pair of sleep shorts and sat down to watch TV.

Nicer than he cared to admit

THE NEXT DAY

He pulled up at the school helping Alexandra out and letting her rush into the classroom. He came in moments later to see her smiling as he came up in a simple black T shirt and shorts.

"Hey" Ian said smiling at her "Did you have a minute?" He asked nodding at the kids trickling in.

She tried to focus on other things- but he had gotten to her. She was sitting at her desk- wearing a simple sun dress when they came inside. She watched the girl run off to talk with the other kids. Then he was standing next to her desk asking if she had a minute. She glanced at the kids and they seemed to be alright and class didn't start to fifteen minutes. "Sure, what can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you would like to have dinner?" Ian asked shifting and glancing back at the kids "You and I this time of course..... We can do it whenever you want but I really would like to take you out on a date"

She hadn't been expecting that... Sure she had thought about getting him one on one but she really hadn't thought it would ever happen. She smiled, pushing her long hair back from her face, "I would really like that- just keep it on the DL bc I really don't go on "dates" with parents of my students, but for you I will make an exception." She smiled, quickly scribbling on a post it note, "here's my cell phone number, you can call or text me and we can figure out when will work best for both of us." She handed it to him and turned her attention back to her class.

Throughout the day she found her thoughts drifting to him and what being on an actual date with him would be like..

"I understand" He said pocketing the slip and blushing at her words "I will right away I promise"

He slipped out after that taking the paper out and programming the number into his phone. It did not take him long to message her either and by the time she was done for the day there was a text message waiting for her.

TWO DAYS LATER

He waited outside the school having already made the arrangements to pick her up. Alexandra was already safe with his mom. He was dressed casually wearing a simple button T shirt and nice jeans as he waited for her to come out.

It had made her smile when she got his text and she quickly agreed and they made the arrangements. It had taken her way longer to get ready that morning, trying in a good pile of outfits before going with a sweater that draped off her left shoulder and a pair of black leggings. As she exited the school she noted that a majority of the staff had left for the day and only a few cars remained, she spotted his truck and walked over waving as she approached, she could feel the butterflies and she took a steadying breath as she reached him and the truck, "hey- I hope you didn't have to wait long!"

"Nah not even remotely" Ian said popping open his passenger door and taking her in "Wow you look.... I dont even know if theres a word for it.... But I hope you dont take to much offense if I say a mix of bueaty and pure sexiness"

He helped her into the truck and then went around climbing in himself. He started the car and pulled out turning to her and smiling.

"So I believe I let you pick the venue and where we were going" Ian remarked resisting the urge to hold her hand "Where to darling?"

She hadn't expected the comment and she blushed and smiled as she climbed into the truck- "thank you, that's the nicest thing someone has said to me in a long time."

As he pulled out she directed him to the little restaurant, it wasn't anything special but it was quiet and had good food. After he parked they both climbed out and she led him inside where they climbed into a booth, "I have to admit I haven't been on an actual date in a long time so bare with me."

"Your really not the only one" Ian remarked driving to the restaurant indicated "I was married for almost four years! I havent dated since high school really"

"Between the two of us however we should be able to figure it out" Ian remarked turning and glancing over at her "I believe it starts some thing like this"

He reached out taking her hand and threading their fingers together. He smiled at her leaning back and holding her hand as he drove with the other one.

She smiled and relaxed as their fingers threaded together. "I have a feeling we might actually be good at it."

As they sat in the little corner booth she looked over at him. She didn't even know where to start.. She wanted to know everything about him, she wanted to tell him how attracted to him she was.... But she knew she didn't want to chase him away

"You know what?" He said smirking in pleasure as they walked into the reseraunt.

"I was thinking the same"

He led her in and as they moved to the table he noted the way she was looking at him.

"Your not the only one a little tongue tied" He remarked smirking in pleasure "Can I just say that you knocked me out the minute I first laid eyes on you?"

He moved into the booth and put his hands down on the table smiling at her "So tell me about your self? Or what you would like me to know" He said as the waiter came and asked for their drink orders. Ian decided to splurge on some wine ordering a nice but inexpensive bottle of wine.

Back