Masturbation and spirituality: Is there a connection?

Buzzboy

Really Experienced
I've been wondering if there is a spiritual component to masturbation. Opinions anyone?

I've been wondering if there is a spiritual component to masturbation. Opinions anyone?
"Is?" Hard to say in any particular instance.

"Could be?" There could be a spiritual component to anything.

I'm sure there are some people who some of the time make their spiritual experience sexy or make their masturbation spiritual, or who generally "fit" masturbation into their spiritual world-view in some way without making it into a sacrament or ritual - or into a sin.

When I was younger, I'd make masturbation almost a ritual. I'd get high and try to get into a higher plane of consciousness, and then jack off while I was there. It was especially powerful with magic mushrooms.

It doesn't have to be religious. I think of it as a form of meditation with myself, unhindered by other's needs and expectations, where I can explore all worlds great and small. Sex with other people is great; sex with me is great. I have never stopped masturbating just because I am in a relationship. A day with a friend is nice; a day home alone is nice, too.

Surely everyone masturbates dont know if being a Christian or other faith makes a difference

When I was younger, I'd make masturbation almost a ritual. I'd get high and try to get into a higher plane of consciousness, and then jack off while I was there. It was especially powerful with magic mushrooms.
Something to consider.🤔

There can be a spiritual connection to everything.

Sex of different types has often been associated with ritual magic. I choose to masturbate without any spiritual connection.

For me I keep it simply as easing a pressure valve. If I don't do it, sex will keep intruding on my thoughts in daily life.

I am working abroad away from my wife at present so mastrubating keeps my libido healthy and satisfied.

Back