Marvel superheros

Ukwriter79

Experienced
Hi all, I'm working on a story, possibly for Halloween, see how things pan out. Two of my characters, a brother and sister (not incest story) are going to a Halloween party dressed as superheroes. While there he'll bump into his former girlfriend (they'll be getting back together). Problem is that I have no interest in Marvel and don't know which characters to pick. Is there any love triangles within the MCU that might fit. If you are a fan who would you pick?
I'm thinking the ex could be with her current boyfriend in whose costume also fits the narrative.
It's not key to the overall story, but I'd like it to work at this point.
I could try something else I suppose but superheroes seem pretty popular.

The classic love triangle in the comic book Marvel universe is Wolverine, Jean Grey and Cyclops. It's the most well-known and has crossed over into the films.
The Invisible Woman of the Fantastic Four has had affairs with Namor the Sub-Mariner, leaving her husband Mr. Fantastic on occasion. There's also Vision, Scarlet Witch and Wonder Man back in the 90s.

In most cases in comics, it's generally due to the husband/partner being emotionally detached and aloof, and then a fiery, passionate rival gives her when she's been missing.

If you want to feature actual Marvel superhero siblings in the costumes, Susan Storm (invisible woman) and Scarlet Witch both have super powered brothers.

The classic love triangle in the comic book Marvel universe is Wolverine, Jean Grey and Cyclops. It's the most well-known and has crossed over into the films.
The Invisible Woman of the Fantastic Four has had affairs with Namor the Sub-Mariner, leaving her husband Mr. Fantastic on occasion. There's also Vision, Scarlet Witch and Wonder Man back in the 90s.

In most cases in comics, it's generally due to the husband/partner being emotionally detached and aloof, and then a fiery, passionate rival gives her when she's been missing.
OK thanks. I'll look into this. As I said not a major plot point but I thought it may add something. I know it's not horror related so I may go with Zombie-Marvel costumes and if Marvel make a film along those, then I want a cut.

OK thanks. I'll look into this. As I said not a major plot point but I thought it may add something. I know it's not horror related so I may go with Zombie-Marvel costumes and if Marvel make a film along those, then I want a cut.
You'd be lucky not to get a cease&desist from Disney... talkin' bout "I want a cut". Only cut you'll get is a cut from your bank account- better ask some daycares.

There's always Daphne, Velma and Shaggy
Or Betty, Veronica and Jughead
Or Samantha, Serena and Darren

Why not just create your own fictitious pop culture characters that have a history of being in a love triangle?

That way you don't get crap from the fans or the copyright holders and it's more creative.

Anyway, in the Thor movies, there was a Thor, Lady Sif and Jane Foster love triangle that never really got explored.

Why not just create your own fictitious pop culture characters that have a history of being in a love triangle?

That way you don't get crap from the fans or the copyright holders and it's more creative.
Maybe they see a creative way to redefine the existing characters the author didn’t explore in their first appearance. Maybe they want to have fun exploring possibilities. As a fanfic writer who had one of their bisexual female characters dress up as Gilly the Perky Goth from Dork Tower and seduce a woman at a costume party, I see no problem with this. The fact that Gilly actually turned out to be bisexual in the original comic several years later was additional fun. Never something I was expecting to happen but still nice to see.

Maybe they see a creative way to redefine the existing characters the author didn’t explore in their first appearance. Maybe they want to have fun exploring possibilities. As a fanfic writer who had one of their bisexual female characters dress up as Gilly the Perky Goth from Dork Tower and seduce a woman at a costume party, I see no problem with this. The fact that Gilly actually turned out to be bisexual in the original comic several years later was additional fun. Never something I was expecting to happen but still nice to see.
Yeah, but the OP doesn't really have any interest in the MCU and it sounds like the love triangle is just for a plot point and window dressing.

Also, using real world topical pop culture references in a story can make it read dated for future audiences.

Back