Marketing

THROBBS

I am Fauve
We need some marketing back here.
There's relatively little traffic and not much interaction either.

Sometimes the marketing (concept) means taking it out of here.

I have tried that in the past, with limited success. Post threads with links, for folk that may not be aware of the "The Visual Artists Corner", or maybe have just forgotten.

It's a literal world on Lit, graphic scribblers don't get much traction, which I agree, is a pity. I guess there are better places for art. I get the occasional comment, though, on mine.

It's a literal world on Lit, graphic scribblers don't get much traction, which I agree, is a pity. I guess there are better places for art. I get the occasional comment, though, on mine.

It's all about the Alphabet threads and AM pics.

The untalented

You night be right on your marketing concept. I find sexy/erotic sketches, cartoons, and comics to be SUPER hot. But the problem was that when I initially saw this thread I really just assumed that it was meant for those who can CREATE them, not for those who might enjoy them. I decided I'd just peruse to see what was being said, and that I could run away if anyone asked if I had any drawings to share :)

Not sure personally how to help this, but I thought id weigh in.

Carly

You night be right on your marketing concept. I find sexy/erotic sketches, cartoons, and comics to be SUPER hot. But the problem was that when I initially saw this thread I really just assumed that it was meant for those who can CREATE them, not for those who might enjoy them. I decided I'd just peruse to see what was being said, and that I could run away if anyone asked if I had any drawings to share :)

Not sure personally how to help this, but I thought id weigh in.

Carly

Pretty much any and all threads on the bulletin board are "fair game" for comments (save for those role playing threads, which are often closed to "outsiders")

I reckon that most of those who post visual works here would appreciate some sort of reaction (obviously, they would likely prefer something positive), some even invite critiques. Feedback can be in the form of informed suggestions or even personal preferences.

So, if you see something you like — say so. It's not so different than feedback on stories.:)

Loose lips

Ok thank you!

I really only say nice things, but I mean them. If I dont have something nice to say, I just shut my trap. Who am I anyway? you know?
Carly

Ok thank you!

I really only say nice things, but I mean them. If I dont have something nice to say, I just shut my trap. Who am I anyway? you know?
Carly
Someone who appreciates art, I'm guessing. Comments are always welcome :).

I have to agree with you on that point, that the site is mostly about written stories, that's what people come looking for. And this is kind of a shame in my opinion, because there are a huge number of great pieces of art, that go unseen and unappreciated by many users on this site... It's kind of sad to see such a great thread like this one being so underappreciated...

I'm with you on that one. I think the artists are often getting closer to our fantasies than a thousand words and there are far too many thousands of words.

People DO need to visit this forum to see what talent there is.

This business about story text VERSUS graphics is a blind alley. To think in those terms, as if they were somehow mutually antagonistic, is wholly foolish. I've already PM'd one person here with the thought that text and illustration are very, very natural partners and why isn't there some place on the internet where amateur exponents of each can get together?

A win-win situation, right? Here on Lit., for example, such a forum... not possible?

The sad reality, of course, is that the spectre of payments raises its ugly head at some stage, with either the writer or artist reckoning that it's his/her contribution which is stealing the show.

Still, before that 'stage' arrived, you'd think people could maybe lock their egos away in a cupboard and have some fun for a while. Hey ho...

I'm a pro writer, can adapt to circumstance. Got a story ready for the Amorous Goods competition. Would love to take in some good artwork and can rewrite to fit the visual ideas. We've got a month to sort out a submission which works. Here is a point where one of you might be inspired to join in?

The story goes back at least 20 years, though, to the Calendar Girls who were celebrated in an English film – Women's Institute ladies in Yorkshire who teased us tastefully into the new millenium, posing naked behind pot plants and Victoria sponges. You have to be old enough to appreciate what a moment that was. Suddenly it was all true. The librarian and the GP and the fishmonger's wife were all secretly itching to get their tits out and show you the pictures.

There were a thousand spin-offs. One, still going, was a website called Village Ladies – idea being your naughty neighbour stripping off as far as she would dare, often with a friend or two and a bottle of wine. Sometimes they peeked in each others pants and played with each others tits. Sometimes they just got undressed. Whatever, you got the whole shoot – dozens of pictures from hats on to knickers off. Initially it was still quite common to stop right there. But the ladies quickly upped the stakes so that showing a bit of pink was more or less required. No problem anyway.

A lot of professional dirty grannies got in there. But with them were plenty of more or less amateurs, happy to flash their best underwear and then pull it aside for a share in a couple hundred bucks. OK, some wanted the money. But many did it just for the kicks. And there was a huge audience waiting for real striptease by real women. Only thing was, they never spoke or wrote ...

I placed my drawings thread in GLBT section instead of the visual arts corner...mainly because as it is gay content that is a more appropriate place for it and partly because I thought it would get more views.

I placed my drawings thread in GLBT section instead of the visual arts corner...mainly because as it is gay content that is a more appropriate place for it and partly because I thought it would get more views.

That makes a lot of sense. Did you find some success?

I don't have an over-arching theme which corresponds to a section/forum. I have posted some individual images to related threads. They've fallen flat. I figure that my art work just doesn't appeal very broadly and certainly not as enticing as photos.

To boost engagement and visibility, consider leveraging targeted advertising on social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram to reach a wider audience interested in visual arts. Also you can use reliable insights on data services, consider checking out Exact Data reviews for informed decision-making on your marketing strategies.

Last edited:
To boost engagement and visibility, consider leveraging targeted advertising on social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram to reach a wider audience interested in visual arts. Also you can use reliable insights on data services, consider checking out Exact Data reviews for informed decision-making on your marketing strategies.
no thank you.
I just mean internally. — within LITEROTICA.

Back