Luna's Haven~closed save for invitees.

Home again

Small booted feet carry me through the woods to my abode. Honey brown eyes are slitted against the cold and dark as I make my way through the trees which hover just beyond the path, their branches sometimes blocking my progress.

Finally, the porch. My cabin.

I take the few steps up and open the door...and am bowled over by Gray and Sunrise.

My Wolf, my Cat.

I stand in the trees at the edge of the clearing and watch the wolf, as unsure if she as here as if I am here. I watch two residents of the forest, one of which I know well, bowl her over. I chuckle.

If enough of my scent wasn't real for her to notice me here then the laugh would certainly tip her off. I melt back into the trees uncertain if I wish to be found, but not precluding the possibility. The woman I always come here seeking is rarely found anymore, so it seems a shame to disappear and waste the opportunity, but it feels out of place to simply storm into her home every time I notice her.

I move quietly through the shadows of the trees. The cold night air feels good on my skin, something I still seem to miss. I wonder if the wolf will hunt.

There is a clamoring~Wolf kin and Cat kin making loud noises in my mind, VERY put off with my lack of visits. I sit up but make no move as yet, to rise to my feet. I m earning a lecture I deserve.

The sound of masculine laughter stops the yelling and I turn slightly, eyes gazing into the surrounding trees. I catch the scent of E and wonder just why he hadn't come any closer.

No matter.

With a sigh, I rise and head into the house. I need to slip on better clothing and then, maybe, I will attempt to find that man and claim...a hug.

Eventually I draw closer, but still do not enter. Instead I slip out of the cold shadows of the forest and up onto her porch. She's since gone inside and while I know I'm welcome I remain on the porch and wait.

Expression is soft and framed by a reemerging beard. Later in the month it will be gone again, but for now I have it. Hands rest in jean pockets and I stand slouched, relaxed.

From within her tree, Linden observes the lights within the building and smiles softly, her limbs swaying in the breeze-less air.

The heartwood of the forest is again strong.

My gift for you...

I slip carefully up to her neglected cottage. She had slipped away from the edges of my world quietly and without fanfare as had so many others.

the blessed wolf might never return I knew yet she still existed in my memory and my heart I would honor her this Christmas season.

I had chosen the concept of my gift with thoughtful care. I wanted her to receive the present of her hearts desire this christmas. With the magic of this realm she would receive such a gift.The beautifully wrapped box contained an exquisite red rose with a single thorn. Also contained within the box also was a a hand written instruction.

I could not turn back time or revoke death. The magic of the rose could evoke a memory, a dream sequence, even provide the trappings for a sensual evening with a special someone. It could also bring forth clothing, a new toy; pretty much any material thing big enough to hold between two hands.

If one believed it brought with it peace and a healing of the soul.

It was a gift of promise...

"The desire of your heart resides within this special rose Luna.

Close your eyes and gently press your thumb into the single thorn.

Whatever you desire in this moment is my gift to you.

May your christmas be blessed with love and hope.

Yeishia:rose:

The air stirred only lightly as she appeared on the doorstep and delicately pushed against the wards that had been set. Nothing happened. She hoped it meant that she was welcome in the Wolfling's home, though the she wolf hadn't been here in some while. While it was totally understandable, the Wolf was still missed.

Opening the door and stepping inside, she couldn't help but cough for the dust. An impatient side motion of her hand took care of that. The place sparkled again. The jar of daisies she held were set on the table closest to her. A quick glance around, a slight, soft smile and the nod of her head and she was gone again, leaving trace scents of vanilla and the redhead wondered if she should send the Wolfling a recent pic of herself and Sir, especially since the Wolfling was the only other person who had a pic of her.

Perhaps. Perhaps.

Back