Luna's Haven~closed save for invitees.

I feel like a meal for a ravenous beast. He devours me with his kisses, his wandering hands. I can feel my body tighten and then loosen in long, slow waves. I try to stay as close as possible, meeting his every kiss with one of my own, my hands moving to stroke his chest, his face.

I can hear low whimpers and, for a moment, I find myself shocked at the fact that I am making such hungry little GIRLY sounds. But that thought, that shock, is soon pressed away. I refuse to dwell on it, only responding, only giving, only being the distraction he says he needs.

The way she acts, responds, and reciprocates only makes me need her more. I don't realize it at first, but one heavy hand has come to rest on her throat. I'm not choking her, but it stays there while the other continues to wander. Fingers find her hair, tug at her panties, and eventually slip up the front of her shirt. A bit of metal comes between my fingers and I toy with her nipple as the kiss continues.

Lips finally break away so I can look at her while hands remain as they are. One steady, the other inquisitive.

"I need you, little wolf. I always seem to need you." The need I speak of is heavy in the words I offer.

One large hand settles upon my throat, holding me still...not tight, just...there. It soothes me, makes me feel more balanced. When the kissing is finished, when he stops~I sit there...my body over heated with want, need, desire...Words, when they tumble from my mouth, are breathy...girlish...

"Take whatever you need, E. It's yours. Just tell me what to do..."

With sudden, but brief violence, the hand on her throat knocks the wolf off my lap and onto the couch. I stand and calmly remove my shirt revealing a strong hairy chest beneath.

Belt.
Button.
Zipper.

Jeans and boxers are pushed down and kicked aside. I sit back down.

"Finish undressing and return to my lap," I instruct her gently ignoring the harshness used to remove her from my lap in the first place.

"Then just need me back."

I am pushed off of his lap but it doesn't hurt, it only startles me. I watch, enthralled, as he strips himself down to the skin, my eyes taking in the fine cover of hair upon his chest, the strength of his legs, the broadness of his upper body.

His words are spoken with something less than patience but more than lust. I know then what he needs...and I know, too, that I need what he wants to give. So I rise, and strip off the tee shirt and the boy shorts that had covered my bottom and resume my spot on his lap, but this time my legs land on either side of his hips and cross at the ankles behind his back.

My mouth touches his, gently and words are whispered there.

"I always need you back..."

I move slightly, feeling his length pressing against the softness harbored between my thighs. I want him...there...but am unsure if that is where he wants to be...so instead, I rock, stroking my warm wetness along his shaft with delicate, precise movements...

And my mouth finds his...

The words strike at me more than any physical sensation. They feel so good and dive so deep. I realize what I needed. I needed a constant. A rock in the storm. Being able to think is a bitch.

I wrap my arms around the wonderful woman that has brought me so much comfort tonight. I hold her bare body against mine. I want to ask more of her tonight, but I've thought too much and tonight I cannot ask more.

"Thank you, Luna," I whisper to her, "I think I should go to bed."

I sit back and I know she will see I am not tired. She has made a tempting gift of herself, but tonight in this moment I cannot take her.

I sigh softly. My eyes closing as his arms enfold me.

"You do not have to leave, dear heart. You can sit here and cuddle me until you really do get sleepy..."

The slow rocking stops...and I allow myself to press comfortably against him~removing the idea of sex, of want and lust...and focusing only on being his friend, his comforter, his confidante.

"I promise I will not start something you don't want or can't...finish."

A small grin, my hand rising to touch his face. Shifting slightly, I un-tuck my legs from their position behind his back and swing around so that I am once more, curled almost innocently in his lap.

Hold.

Cuddle.

Just be together.

I stay with the wolf for a bit, quiet, but with her. Then I look at her and shake my head.

"I'll stay up all night if I let myself. I'm off tomorrow, but I still have things to do. I ought to sleep. You calmed me, dear Luna. Thank you. And thank you for understanding." I don't say understanding what, but it is clear to us both.

I extract myself from the wolf and gather up clothes in one arm. Before I turn to leave I share a kiss on the lips with her, short, but utterly sweet. Then I disappear out the door and wander bare ass naked out into the woods. I am no more sane, but much more content. It feels good knowing I have the friend in her that I do.

I nod, knowing that he will return and that even if I couldn't give him exactly what he wanted...I did give him exactly what he needed.

Once he retreats from my Haven, I lock the door and return to my couch. I need sleep...in the real world...and a bath...

so the lights are allowed to flicker off...and soon enough...I am away.

*I don't arrive at someone's place lightly - there's a reason....my time is limited*

*I place a neatly written note*

I read what you write

*I go*

I awaken on my couch. I guess I had never made it up the stairs to the bed after E left. Rising slowly, I stretch and give a little whimper before pushing short, auburn curls out of my face.

A scent captures my attention, so I wander toward the front door and lean down. There is a sheet of paper there. FISHY!!

I snatch it up and see the sentence he left behind...and it brings instant tears to my eyes.

I really miss him.

A sign goes up at the end of the pathway leading to my Haven.

Wolfling writing. Stay out!

Wanders in to her unused space~the smell of dust and loneliness thick in the air. Windows are opened and cleaning begins.

The woods and specifically the cabin out in them show signs of their resident's return, so I slip from my shadows and slink about. I sneak up to the house and peer in windows into I see the wolf cleaning her home, at least her home here. Knowing she'll sense me through scent eventually, I go around the back and ease the door open. I move with stealth through the house until I find a good spot behind some furniture from which to spy on her.

I return to my haven. The real world releasing me from it's inanity. A sign goes up, as per usual, at the end of the path way into the woods. Not that it matters. No one ever stops by my home 'cept for E...

Wolf at work with words. Stay out.

I wake with a start from my hiding place underneath the living room couch and crack my head. How I managed to get under there in the first place is a mystery to me, but apparently it worked. Luna never did find me. After extracting myself and rubbing my banged head, I head to the kitchen.

Also empty. Strange. Rather than seeking the hidden wolf, so I can spy on her I decide to refuel. I begin rifling through her fridge looking for something good to make a sandwich for myself with.

Quietly, I rise from my spot outside and allow the shift to take over~going from furred four feet to satin skinned two feet. My voice is almost inaudible as I lean against the door frame leading to the kitchen.

"Hello love. You hungry?"

I definitely don't hear her come in and barely catch her whispered words. I stop everything I'm doing and just stay still for a moment trying to decide if I actually heard her or if its just in my head. Once I decide she is really there on the other side of a refrigerator door from me I try to decide if I'm in trouble for stealing out of her kitchen.

Finally I peek up over the door and see her leaning against the door ever so causally, though I know better than to take that as a sign of not being in trouble. Still, I've missed her too much to run. Its tempting to make her chase, but ...

"Maybe just a little."

The words finally come to me smooth and calm and with a smile. I close the fridge and wander closer. I wrap arms around the lovely wolf of a woman in something less than a full embrace. I lean in closer until my nose touches hers.

"How about you? How are you feeling?"

I hear the smile in his voice, the quiet competence and confidence of the man and it settles something, deep within. I don't move from my spot though. What would be the point? He will either come to me or he will run. Either way, I will hold him soon enough.

And then I do.

His arms enfold me, pulling me close while his husky voice soothes the jagged edges of my psyche.

"I have spent far better days, E. Far better weeks. Thank goodness I have a day or two off so that I can get my mind together. I don't think I could take it if I didn't get a break...."

Sighing softly, I burrow closer, listening to the steady thump of his heart beneath my ear.

"How bout you?"

"Eh. One part of my life is about to end and another is about to start. So, I've got all the standard feelings that go along with that. Nervous about small details, excited for what comes next, nostalgic about things that probably weren't as great as I imagine, and happy my world keeps turning."

I hold her close as we stand there in the doorway. I'm glad to have caught her in her short time of respite, both so I can offer what comfort I can and simply enjoy being with her. So I hold her.

"You're tougher than you think you are, but you're right, a good little break can do wonders."

I nod. I am glad that his world continues to turn and pleased that we have this little bit of peace between us~before reality throws me once more into the fray, before sleep becomes JUST another five letter word.

With a sigh, I step back and gaze up into his face.

"I will be disappearing soon. I came just long enough to warn my co-writers and copy their last responses into word so that I could work on responses."

Rising up on tip toe, I press a gentle kiss to his chin and smile, sweetly.

"I hope to see you soon, E...I really do."

I grin at her.

"All we can do is try."

I return her gentle touch of lips to my chin with a passionate kiss. Deep and insistent, its a kiss that threatens to not let go. She deserves some life in her life. Our lips part and I slip from between her arms out the door. I stop just outside and look back.

"Take care of yourself, little wolf."

She sifted in to leave a small gift for the Wolfling. A promise for one day soon. It was wrapped in plain brown paper. A small note attached.

Wolfling,

Thinking about you. Holding you in my prayers.

When strength wanes, remember those you can draw from.

I have never shut you off from mine. Not even when we didn't talk.

It was always there for you. Always will be.

:heart:

She sifted back out again. She was going to have to remember to thank the Fae for teaching her that little trick.

She slips silently, unseen, from her tree and quietly touches the shadberry trees that ring the clearing, awakening them from their overlong winter sleep.

Their bloom is like clouds of cotton candy framing the cottage.

She slips back into her tree to sleep once again.

Back