Lost old password to my old username

purvis2

Experienced
I lost my old password to my old username. My old account was registered back in 2006 (purvis). I have not logged on since 2010. The reset password features requires an old email address that no longer exists.

Now, I have created this new username/password (purvis2). But, what I want to do is send in a edited version of a story I submitted in 2006. This story has a lot of errors that I want to fix.

Is there a way to reset my password for my old account? Or, transfer that one (and only) story to my new username so I can submit an update?

My best guess is to PM Laurel. But there may be a workaround within the story submission portal, and if that exists it may be a faster route to getting this resolved. There are a few authors who post in this forum who can hopefully help direct you to the best course of action.

My best guess is to PM Laurel. But there may be a workaround within the story submission portal, and if that exists it may be a faster route to getting this resolved. There are a few authors who post in this forum who can hopefully help direct you to the best course of action.

I would re-submit the story, with the edits you want, under your new user name. In the place where you put in comments to the moderator, explain that it's a re-submission. You may be able to have all your stories re-assigned to your new user name and keep the scores intact, if you want them so.

I'm not guaranteeing success, you understand. But it's worth a try.

Back