Looking for opinions about a fetish issue

NScioli

Mistress
Hello, first time forum poster.

I have a question about a fetish and what might be considered a "disability/difference"

I have a series about Pony Play (Pony-girls specifically). I am considering have a pony with a skin pigment disorder (such as vitiligo).

They would be highly prized and sought-after by my main character who thinks the character would make a beautiful Pony-girl. Kind of like a "Paint" type of horse.

I am unsure if that would be considered "offensive" (I mean we are writing festishes, so SOMEONE is going to be offended eventually) but as an overall, I was looking for a common thought or POV from people to see if it would be acceptable or wise.

N. Scioli

Hmmm…

I have no claim to understanding on this issue but some folks are very sensitive about their vitiligo. Maybe a situation where there’s a fetish club and a woman with vitiligo is interested the scene, maybe it’s her first time, but is embarrassed by her skin. The talk gets into pony play and the top sees her and is smitten and convinces her to be the pony, which explodes her self confidence and the story ends with her proudly strutting her stuff.

I am unsure if that would be considered "offensive" (I mean we are writing festishes, so SOMEONE is going to be offended eventually) but as an overall, I was looking for a common thought or POV from people to see if it would be acceptable or wise.
It would come down to how sensitively you write about the condition, whether you treat your character with kindness or merely to objectify her for the sake of the fetish.

Will Smith's wife had alopecia and she asked the guy to punch a punk that dared mentioned that in the face.

Is it possibly offensive? Sure. But so is race-related attraction in general, and there's a boat-ton of interracial BBC shit on lit.

I think it'd be equally bad, for example, if he found a blond girl from Kentucky and decided that he needed a new Applejack.

Hello, first time forum poster.

I have a question about a fetish and what might be considered a "disability/difference"

I have a series about Pony Play (Pony-girls specifically). I am considering have a pony with a skin pigment disorder (such as vitiligo).

They would be highly prized and sought-after by my main character who thinks the character would make a beautiful Pony-girl. Kind of like a "Paint" type of horse.

N. Scioli
There's a series of stories called Gumdrop that is kind of similar... one of the main characters has vitiligo, and she spends most of the story as a hucow. It's pretty highly rated, for whatever that's worth, so there's precedent for thinking that you could incorporate the condition and the fetish in a single character without necessarily getting nuked by haters.

Will Smith's wife had alopecia and she asked the guy to punch a punk that dared mentioned that in the face.
I think he'd have been better off punching his clock and leaving that shrew.

I have no pity for a woman who can buy wigs that cost more than a new car.

If your angle is that her condition makes her an object of desire within this fetish, and you push that angle, you'll be fine. Have the woman be blown away by the attention and eventually see her condition as an attribute in that setting, she's never felt this desired etc...

But as I think this through, the Pony Girl fetish is not for everyone and some deem it more mental illness than an actual fetish. I admit my own feelings on that matter are conflicted. I like to say you do you as long as you're not hurting anyone or yourself, but some of the women who live this as a lifestyle I begin to wonder about. I feel the same way about full blown TPE relationships.

But as long as your tagging it properly and use a title and description that calls out that fetish you'll mostly draw the people who are into it.

I want to add that, first off, these days, you breathing could offend someone, we live in a pathetically weak whiny society where everyone wants to be a victim. Second? If you're not offending someone? Then you're not writing a real story, you're tap dancing around the perpetually butthurt.

Back