Looking for Beta readers or editor for Fantasy genre chapter

Jmanchu

El Capitan
I have a fantasy story(first chapter only) for Science Fiction and Fantasy genre and I am looking for a beta reader or editor to check it.

It's a kind of old story I started a long time ago but never finished, but I gave it a look-see and finished the first chapter just because. First part I quickly edited prose to something a little closer to how I like to write now, still have to look at second part as that one I wrote years ago but didn't edit prose like part 1(Be warned, it's not as concise, but I want opinions on what's good, and what isn't before I do).

Basically, second part might be a little wordier until I get to figuring out what I want to keep and how to edit prose just a little closer to my preferred, slightly more concise-focused writing style. Heads up. Feedback wanted, and suggestions are welcome as well.

There is no erotic content(there will be in future chapters if I ever cross that bridge).

Story is about a witch named Ayla and a thief named Prince(and their eventual romantic flings, as well as their individual struggles in the city). There's more to the story but the chapter is an introductory chapter for both characters(part 1: thief named Prince who robs a rich merchant, part 2: Introduction of Witch Ayla) in a fantasy seaside port city Mentanashien, which is city filled with history of fine arts, a place of beauty, and has a thriving criminal underworld filled with danger.

UPDATE: I have the next chapter already written(and preened of bad grammar, mostly). but I don't know when I'll publish that one(working on another story at the moment, a really big one + keeping up with what life throws my way).

Genres: Fantasy. Romance. + who knows what else will be in there

Last edited:
I read a lot of fantasy/romance and write it as well, I would be happy to beta. I'll do some light editing with your permission but I'm still developing my skills there, so I can't promise much.

Back