Literotica Android App Update???

Gandalf913

Virgin
Hi.

Just upgraded my phone and I'm sad to say the Literotica Android App no longer installs.

Now running Android 14.

Anyone know of a work around or if an update to the app is in the works?

If the app hasn't had it's security protocols updated it won't work with 14. There was an article written earlier this year that revealed any app that was still running older protocols, I think 10 or below, would no longer work with versions 13 forward, or something along those lines.

This essentially prevents older devices that can't run the newer Android versions from downloading new apps.

Forced obsolescence, essentially.

You can log in through your browser on your phone?
I do not like using the browser, having a native app is a lot nicer.

If the app hasn't had it's security protocols updated it won't work with 14. There was an article written earlier this year that revealed any app that was still running older protocols, I think 10 or below, would no longer work with versions 13 forward, or something along those lines.

This essentially prevents older devices that can't run the newer Android versions from downloading new apps.

Forced obsolescence, essentially.

I got it working, Android 14 blocks Android 6.0 (API Level 24) and below.

I decompiled it and they had Min Android 2.2 (API level 8) / Target Android 4.4 (API level 19).
I set them both to Android 8.1 (API level 27). This was the highest I could set it without it crashing. At 28 it would just instantly close.

I also added a permission in the Manifest (android:excludeFromRecents="true") to keep the app from showing up in recents when you hit switch app. I was also thinking of making another apk that changes the name and the icon to something else.

This isn't that hard to do, there are easy instructions to do so. However if anyone wants it without having to do it I can share the apk. But since I had to resign it it will show up as unknown publisher, and you would have to trust me.

You can also just install the app from adb and use the force option so it will install regardless of the sdk.

adb install --bypass-low-target-sdk-block FILENAME.apk

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
That's way over my head. I don't use the app, just the browser, which has it's annoyances, but it's one less thing to download.

Could get your resign apk. Thank you.
Yeah I will attached.

I have also fixed an issue with the padding at the bottom where it wasn't taking into account the nav bar or the gesture bar so it was cutting off part of the text while reading. Again this app is old.

Hope this is ok with the site. If not please delete. I do like that app way better than the web page and just want to get parts of it working again on newer devices. I've been open to what I've modified. I call it RC5 and incremented the version number. Here is the filehash as well to verify it's the one I have posted.

https://gofile.io/d/qBJiDY
lite-v2.1-r18-rc5.apk
SHA256 05A225F74271194AEB09F8C7C6D5F7F48B30D47BCA1DF3444E8F9DC8D78D394B
SHA1 1F39BD7B2AEAFECE747E76E74C7E879CB42E6A09

Last edited:
Yeah I will attached.

I have also fixed an issue with the padding at the bottom where it wasn't taking into account the nav bar or the gesture bar so it was cutting off part of the text while reading. Again this app is old.

Hope this is ok with the site. If not please delete. I do like that app way better than the web page and just want to get parts of it working again on newer devices. I've been open to what I've modified. I call it RC5 and incremented the version number. Here is the filehash as well to verify it's the one I have posted.

https://file.io/nj36v77KVcZe
lite-v2.1-r18-rc5.apk
Thank you so much

benefit to using a web browser on your phone, namely Microsoft Edge, is you can use Read Aloud to narrate the story.

I too prefer the mobile app. Any word on an update? The browser version is small and cumbersome on my mobile phone (S24 Ultra)

I've found a blend of both handy. use the app to find the story, then use the Send To button at the top of the story to open the story in Microsoft Edge to use the Read Aloud feature. Read Aloud is not perfect. mispronounces certain words because it favors one pronunciation over another "He lead her upstairs" to "My wife took the lead and found us a third" It's also a little shitty to get started and when switching between pages and at the end of the story.

I too prefer the mobile app. Any word on an update? The browser version is small and cumbersome on my mobile phone (S24 Ultra)
You can force install the existing app as I've instructed above, mod it yourself with the suggested settings, or try the apk I've attached above.

I decompiled it and they had Min Android 2.2 (API level 8) / Target Android 4.4 (API level 19).
I set them both to Android 8.1 (API level 27). This was the highest I could set it without it crashing. At 28 it would just instantly close.

I also added a permission in the Manifest (android:excludeFromRecents="true") to keep the app from showing up in recents when you hit switch app. I was also thinking of making another apk that changes the name and the icon to something else.

This isn't that hard to do, there are easy instructions to do so. However if anyone wants it without having to do it I can share the apk. But since I had to resign it it will show up as unknown publisher, and you would have to trust me.

You can also just install the app from adb and use the force option so it will install regardless of the sdk.

Hope this heli

Hope this helps.
Yes please, I would be happy to get your app

Yeah I will attached.

https://gofile.io/d/qBJiDY
lite-v2.1-r18-rc5.apk
Thank you for this! Still works like a charm, you do get a message that it's for an older version of android (which makes sense)

Back