Landmark Book Deal for Trans Manifesto

yukonnights

Literotica Guru
Published in the Guardian; Munroe Bergdorf receives landmark book deal for trans manifesto.

* "Model and activist signs six-figure contract to publish Transitional, ‘a manifesto for how I see society changing for the better, bringing us all closer".

* "The book will explore the history of gender throughout the world, including Polynesian, Indian and Native American cultures that recognised more than two genders before the colonial era. “I’ve gone into the depths of where gender came from, because it hasn’t always existed in [the way] we think about gender today,” said Bergdorf. “What it’s like to be a cisgender woman today is not what it was in the middle ages, or the 1950s, or even the 1980s.”

* The book will also take in current discussions around gender and sexuality, “because even though it looks like we’re living in a progressive society, how progressive is it when we’re still fighting against conversion therapy, and Boris Johnson is trying to wind back trans rights?” she said.
This sounds like a good book to buy and share with those you wish understood more about this often divisive issue.

Link to full article —> https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...ceives-landmark-book-deal-for-trans-manifesto

The book sounds so interesting, and I love the hopeful perspective:
Gen Z, she said, “take a much more fluid approach to gender and sexuality … and I think that that’s where we need to go. We need to stop labeling ourselves with archaic definitions of humanity because we’re not simple. Humans are complex and you can’t label everything and you can’t label everybody else either. I feel like we need to widen how we see ourselves, and widen how we see each other, because then you realise that we all want the same thing.”

The book sounds so interesting, and I love the hopeful perspective:
Gen Z, she said, “take a much more fluid approach to gender and sexuality … and I think that that’s where we need to go. We need to stop labeling ourselves with archaic definitions of humanity because we’re not simple. Humans are complex and you can’t label everything and you can’t label everybody else either. I feel like we need to widen how we see ourselves, and widen how we see each other, because then you realise that we all want the same thing.”

Based on the small bit of info available in the article, it sounds like a very thorough look at the many facets of human gender and sexual identity. I do hope the book fulfills the lofty goals because different people need different information based on where their current understanding is.

For example; those who already embrace gender/sexual diversity might get more out of information intended to further the broader social and legal issues — but a person who is a skeptic might be persuaded by a closer look at how humans dealt with gender in ancient societies and/or explanations of the medical science that is supported and accepted by medical providers of all types.

To me, the bottom line is that the facts of gender diversity are coming together in a number of different scientific specialties as the years move forward. It's those with open minds that I hope might benefit from this growing evidence. There will probably always those who refuse the science — some people really believe the earth is flat, for example — but for those with an open mind, this kind of information is important.

Back