John's Rustic Romper Room

Romper, bomper, stomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, will all John's friends have fun at play? Who do I see at the cook out.... I see Munky, and John, and of course I will be there and I hope more friends will join us.

OMG!!!!! Yes, I so wanted her to say my name. Never did though. Thank you Missy Yellow Rose for the memory.

Plenty of ice now!! Silly me!

Just making the first of a few Tanqueray & Tonics :D Sorry Munkey :(

Almost time for the first swim of the day, before I fire up the grill.

Thinking of eating about 6:30 or 7. Hope that works for everyone.

Plenty of ice now!! Silly me!

Just making the first of a few Tanqueray & Tonics :D Sorry Munkey :(

Almost time for the first swim of the day, before I fire up the grill.

Thinking of eating about 6:30 or 7. Hope that works for everyone.

Works swell for me, although I think it is about a 6 or 7 hour drive. Better head out pretty soon. Smooch.

Dinner was great, drinks were better. Great to see and talk to friends & family.

Unfortunately, the fireworks show had an unexpected explosion and it looks like about 14 people have been injured. Still trying to touch base with a couple of folks that I know were down there close, to make sure they're ok.

Better days ahead and prayers going out to those affected by the mishap.

It sounds as though nobody was terribly hurt. Still a lot of rumor going around, but the news is now saying only 4 seriously injured. I think everyone I know has been accounted for. It's a sad day around here today. :(

It sounds as though nobody was terribly hurt. Still a lot of rumor going around, but the news is now saying only 4 seriously injured. I think everyone I know has been accounted for. It's a sad day around here today. :(

Oh I bet. We are burying all the firefighters that died about a week ago this week. It just goes on and on in the news.

For sure. It just seems to never end, and I don't mean to sound like a sap, but because this was so close to home, it just seems to be hovering, and always on my mind. Top that off with the constant news and it's almost unbearable.

The 19 was so tragic. Let's hope this is the end of mishaps for a bit.

Nice RRR you have here, John. Mind if I drop in for a bit? Escaping from a 'whack-a-mole clubs fight...

I always thought it was a sport too, but a lot of people try to convince me otherwise. It's the same folks that say golf and race car driving aren't sports. I guess to each their own.

Had a nice chat with a friend this afternoon which helped me find a better mood. Then after we had talked, I had to go to the bank. In her honor, I found a nice shade tree in the back parking lot, rolled down my windows, turned on some tunes, and had a playful little interlude all on my own :D

Looking forward to a great weekend now. Here's hoping everyone else out there and especially the frequenters of the Romper Room have a great weekend as well.

Good morning.

I'll be going to a party this afternoon at a friends house. No naughty possibilities, but it's a going away party for a friend, so am looking forward to it. After that, I think we'll be watching an MMA fight at the house with a few friends.

It looks like DHoward may have finally made his decision and will sign with Houston. I hope so, get his ass out of LA and let the prima donna go down in flames elsewhere, I'm tired of all these guys chasing titles, if you were that good, a championship would just follow you regardless of where you're at.

The Blue Jays can apparently win against mediocre teams so I'll just have to be happy with that and the Angels are just plain disappointing. :(

It is the weekend so I'm hoping to make some new friends and hopefully see some new visitors to the Romper Room.

It looks like DHoward may have finally made his decision and will sign with Houston. I hope so, get his ass out of LA and let the prima donna go down in flames elsewhere, I'm tired of all these guys chasing titles, if you were that good, a championship would just follow you regardless of where you're at.

The Blue Jays can apparently win against mediocre teams so I'll just have to be happy with that and the Angels are just plain disappointing. :(

Hi John,

Just checking into the Romper Room. I agree with you entirely on DW12. And as for the Blue Jays, hey, adopt the Pirates. This looks like the first time in 20 years (astonishing) that they will end up with a winning record.

Great! I like optional clothing. It is so ... optional. Grilled bangers? With tomato-onion-garlic-sauce?

I like the tomato-onion-garlic sauce idea! But quit bouncing up and down in the pool. Mostly what I do in my new found sobriety is cook, and boobies will do nothing but lead me down the path of destruction.

Back