Israel/Hamas PB Tribal Fight

I disagree with almost everyone in this thread. :p some I just also hate as people.

I really want the focus to be on finding a way to peace on this conflict. A two state solution seems to be the only way for me, at least on the short term.
How pious of you.:rolleyes:

I have not read every single post on this. Read the link through the Geneva convention. I'm not so sure that it's obvious. What a civilian really is especially in this case. As the terrorists housed themselves everywhere, it's impossible to tell one from the other. Took part in crossing into Israel and kidnapping people.So they just called them civilians and be done with it's not so simple
It's not simple. But it's not meant to be.... It is simply a rule of law.

If your enemy makes it hard, that doesn't excuse your actions that kill civilians.

It's not simple. But it's not meant to be.... It is simply a rule of law.

If your enemy makes it hard, that doesn't excuse your actions that kill civilians.
It's war, bullets and bombs can't tell, if the terrorists hid behind so called civilians, then the fault lies with.....

It's war, bullets and bombs can't tell, if the terrorists hid behind so called civilians, then the fault lies with.....
Yes, you misunderstand the Geneva convention. If your enemy hides behind civilians, you must take action to avoid killing that civilian. This isn't optional.

Thoughts n prayers

Where are you when hamas fires rockets into Israel or Hezzbolah fires rockets

Thoughts n prayers

Where are you when hamas fires rockets into Israel or Hezzbolah fires rockets
What does that even mean? Do you believe that I don't condemn Hamas killing or injuring civilians?

I've said before and I'll say again - all civilians must be provided for and protected.

Even the ones that you're bigoted against.

History is full of war state against state nation against nation.Why is a 2 state solution in this case?A solution to anything
Excellent question, one I have always asked and yet to get an answer

Thevso called two State solution means nothing

Who.do you even negotiate with, the PLO is hated and represents no one and Hamas is a designated terror organization

You lot arguing the toss over definitions as if you are experts of any kind.

15 judges at the ICJ voted together (including the American judge, presiding) to investigate Israel for genocide.

Francesca Albanese, the UN special rapporteur, published her report today and it is entirely damning.

This is the title:

Anatomy of a Genocide - Report of the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1967, Francesca Albanese (A/HRC/55/73) (Advance unedited version)​

She’s an expert on these matters investigating it.

If she says it’s a genocide, she’s going to be a damn sight closer to the truth than any of you.

https://reliefweb.int/attachments/f78b0a28-c3af-44ed-a010-9ba076814dc6/a-hrc-55-73-auv.pdf

Summary
After five months of military operations, Israel has destroyed Gaza. Over 30,000 Palestinians have been killed, including more than 13,000 children. Over 12,000 are presumed dead and 71,000 injured, many with life-changing mutilations. Seventy percent of residential areas have been destroyed. Eighty percent of the whole population has been forcibly displaced. Thousands of families have lost loved ones or have been wiped out.

Manycould not bury and mourn their relatives, forced instead to leave their bodies decomposing in homes, in the street or under the rubble. Thousands have been detained and systematically subjected to inhuman and degrading treatment. The incalculable collective trauma will be experienced for generations to come.

By analysing the patterns of violence and Israel’s policies in its onslaught on Gaza,this report concludes that there are reasonable grounds to believe that the threshold indicating Israel’s commission of genocide is met. One of the key findings is that Israel's executive and military leadership and soldiers have intentionally distorted jus in bello principles, subverting their protective functions, in an attempt to legitimize genocidal violence against the Palestinian people.

Try justifying the above as “defence” in court and I’ll show you hell freezing over.

Obscene the lengths people are going to, to try and justify this.

Israel’s approach to this has never been defence.

Albanese’s report confirms this.

EDIT: I mean, FFS people. This section on direct quotes relating to genocidal intent:

50. In the latest Gaza assault, direct evidence of genocidal intent is uniquely present.
Vitriolic genocidal rhetoric has painted the whole population as the enemy to be eliminated
and forcibly displaced.150 High-ranking Israeli officials with command authority have issued
harrowing public statements evincing genocidal intent, including as follows:

(a) President Isaac Herzog stated that “an entire nation out there…is responsible”
for the 7 October attack, and that Israel would “break their backbone”;151

(b) Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu referred to Palestinians as “Amalek”152
and “monsters”.153 The Amalek reference is to a biblical passage in which God commands
Saul “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not;
but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass”.154

(c) Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant referred to Palestinians as “human
animals”,155 and announced “full offense” on Gaza, having “released all the restraints”, and
that “Gaza will never return to what it was”;156

(d) IDF Spokesperson Daniel Hagari stated that focus should be on causing
“maximum damage”, demonstrating a strategy of disproportionate and indiscriminate
violence;157

(e) Minister of Agriculture Avi Dichter referred to Israel’s action as “the Gaza
Nakba”;158

(f) Minister of Heritage Amihai Eliyahu called for striking Gaza with “nuclear
bombs”;159

(g) Likud MK Revital Gottlieb wrote on her social media: “Bring down buildings!!
Bomb without distinction!!…Flatten Gaza. Without mercy! This time, there is no room for
mercy!”.160

51. Such calls for annihilatory violence directed at troops on duty,161 constitute strong
evidence of direct and public incitement to commit genocide.162 Decades of discourse
dehumanizing Palestinians have prepared the groundwork for such incitements.163

52. Since 7 October, the proliferation of statements inciting genocide have also involved
several sectors of Israeli society, religious leaders,164 journalists,165 artists,166 and various
professionals (including doctors167 and political commentators168).

53. There is cogent evidence that these statements have been internalized and acted upon
by troops on the ground.169 Israeli soldiers have, including on social media channels run by
the Israeli military,170 referred to Palestinians as “terrorists”, “roaches”, “rats”,171

History is full of war state against state nation against nation.Why is a 2 state solution in this case?A solution to anything
Because it gives a self guaranteed self governed territory to both parties.

At the moment, one party has been cut off from the rest of the world, for the most part. Their government is a dictatorship (elected almost two decades ago) and their neighbor is literally taking over land via annex without repercussions

They get more aid from the world per capita than any other entity
Thanks for demonstrating that you don't know what "cut off" means.

They can't leave the country. The "aid" they get is regulated by foreign countries.

Jfc, you're an idiot

They get more aid from the world per capita than any other entity
Ummm...no.
Up until 3 weeks ago Israel had a naval blockade of Gaza until America said knock it off.
Concrete has been a "prohibited substance" in Gaza since 2008....and you wonder why they built tunnels?
Medical relief supplies disappear at Israeli ports of entry.

Ummm...no.
Up until 3 weeks ago Israel had a naval blockade of Gaza until America said knock it off.
Concrete has been a "prohibited substance" in Gaza since 2008....and you wonder why they built tunnels?
If concrete is a prohibited substance how do they build all those tunnels

Ummm...no.
None of this is true but keep on keeping on

Ummm...no.
They have more terrorist hideouts.errrr I mean hospitals then all of Baltimore, you mean to tell me that all those hospitals have no medicine?Shut the fuck up with your bullshit

They have more terrorist hideouts.errrr I mean hospitals then all of Baltimore, you mean to tell me that all those hospitals have no medicine?Shut the fuck up with your bullshit
Animals in the zoo get aid as well.

Fucking idiot

Back