Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just having quiet sniffle here, as I logged on to do some of my teaching work and found my feedback from students last year had been uploaded so I went to have a look. They're universally OTT enthusiastic, saying they would never have got through without me and I'm the best and so humble (shut up, stop laughing) and knowledgeable blah blah. My scores are about twice as good as the average for other tutors in the same subject.

Still wondering why the institution tried to sack me after that. :mad:

But at least I got the job back, and now I see how much it meant to last year's kids, I'm determined to do my best for this year's. If I can get a little bit more teaching work it might even add up to a quarter of a job and I can finally buy a ticket out of Stepford. :rolleyes:

OK, go back to your biscuits now. Sniffle over. Move along.

:kiss:

Keep trying Naoko. I'm sure some institution will recognise your abilities soon.

Rest of post removed. TMI.

Last edited:
Awww, Og, thank you. You guys have seriously kept me going sometimes as I put up my baffles to ward off the obscure practices of management. I think I probably gave up knocking on the doors of the academy now, the teaching I do isn't proper academic teaching although I really enjoy it. Anyway I'm sure I'll find something to do to entertain everyone :devil:. LOL.

Twice as good as the average teacher reviewed? That could be the problem - many don't want to see the bar set higher. Best course of action? Get rid of that statisical outlier; she's making us look bad. (Yes, even the administration - So, Dean Fill-in-a-name, why aren't all the teachers in your division doing as well as that one? Do they need better leadership?)
Twenty years ago I started a new program that received accolades from the Provinicial regents. The response, right after the award, at my college? "The program is well-established now and would benefit from a change in chairman."
Just keep doing what you do - it seems to be working...

Thanks Tio, I think this too sometimes.

Great, isn't it - too good at the job to succeed. I try quite hard to underperform but I'm useless at it. I don't mind when I teach at the Russell Group unis full of Emmas and Jaspers who will be going into some job with a friend of Dad whatever result they get, but now I'm teaching people who were told at school that they are intellectual losers and they should not moan about it but be grateful. They're all keen and bright and I want to give them the best shot while they juggle their studies with their three children, two part-time jobs, family bereavements, and all the other cr*p that life throws at them. I like to be part of the solution. :devil:

Aren't you afraid that you're part of the problem, Naoko? (He said sarcastically). Here you are, encouraging them to be educated and capable of more than mere menial tasks. If you succeed, the next thing you know is they'll be wanting the good jobs and careers that are the rightful domain of decent folk. And then who will do the menial jobs necessary for the well-being of all? What are you, Dr. Smith, some diabolical anarchist seeking to sow social turmoil?

Aren't you afraid that you're part of the problem, Naoko? (He said sarcastically). Here you are, encouraging them to be educated and capable of more than mere menial tasks. If you succeed, the next thing you know is they'll be wanting the good jobs and careers that are the rightful domain of decent folk. And then who will do the menial jobs necessary for the well-being of all? What are you, Dr. Smith, some diabolical anarchist seeking to sow social turmoil?

Oh no! you got my number (written on the back of your hand) :devil:.

Feeling ba-a-ad today. Shall I do it? :devil: Mwaa ha ha ha.

Oh alright, this is Stepford. Probably I will be sensible. :rolleyes:

Got out of bed this morning and nearly fell over from back pain :(

__

"Have you ever been the other guy/girl?"

I have never been the other guy. Hell, I have only ever been the first guy once :(

Got out of bed this morning and nearly fell over from back pain :(
____

"Have you ever been the other guy/girl?"
I have never been the other guy.
Hell, I have only ever been the first guy once :(
________

Have you been doing silly things on your Karate Mat (or whatever it is)?

Well, that was a shitty day...

Another one?.
Here's hoping for a good one. :)

Well, that was a shitty day...

Look for something positive in the day and focus on that instead of the negatives. Then you can say you had a good day. :rose:

Unrelated blurt:

Kids! I swear my son believes he knows more than I do about what I should do.

Look for something positive in the day and focus on that instead of the negatives. Then you can say you had a good day. :rose:

Unrelated blurt:

Kids! I swear my son believes he knows more than I do about what I should do.

Sage advice, Lynn. :rose:

It's in their job description. Youth always know best.

Yeah, right!:rolleyes:

I had a good day in that all three of my grandchildren came to visit.

Now I want a quiet day - to recover. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back