Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like testing my blood sugar levels. My skin is too thick to get blood out easily. :mad:

I am listening to a really funny podcast while on the bus and trying to not seem like the crazy person who smiles and giggles for no reason. Just going to keep staring at my phone like I'm having a funny text conversation. :rolleyes:

We have a couple of strawberry plants in pots sitting on top of our barbecue. They are against a south-facing wall but:

Today I picked five ripe strawberries and noticed a dozen new flowers.

Don't they know it's November!

We have a couple of strawberry plants in pots sitting on top of our barbecue. They are against a south-facing wall but:

Today I picked five ripe strawberries and noticed a dozen new flowers.

Don't they know it's November!

I don't think they care. :D

I've had a request from a distant relation asking about my family history research. It was in response to a note I wrote in a church Visitors' Book two years ago. My maternal ancestors are buried around and inside the church.

I haven't done any research for months and then that was my father's family.

I had to get back to the data, and I found some very odd entries on GenesReunited, copied from other people's trees. Since we joined Genes about five years ago we have moved on to Ancestry. Our records there are more accurate and more comprehensive.

But...

While looking for our common ancestors I found that I had recorded a woman as being born in 1721, married in 1740 - with exact dates and places - but died in 1737 BEFORE she married. I have an exact date and place for her death too.

I think something is amiss. :rolleyes:

I've had a request from a distant relation asking about my family history research. It was in response to a note I wrote in a church Visitors' Book two years ago. My maternal ancestors are buried around and inside the church.

I haven't done any research for months and then that was my father's family.

I had to get back to the data, and I found some very odd entries on GenesReunited, copied from other people's trees. Since we joined Genes about five years ago we have moved on to Ancestry. Our records there are more accurate and more comprehensive.

But...

While looking for our common ancestors I found that I had recorded a woman as being born in 1721, married in 1740 - with exact dates and places - but died in 1737 BEFORE she married. I have an exact date and place for her death too.

I think something is amiss. :rolleyes:

1737 is probably 1787, which can be an easy mistake if things are written poorly.

__

We leave the house for Vegas in two hours, and I am just wasting time until breakfast is ready.

Best of Luck, TGP.

The new fans are on the panel and working, rather to my surprise (they were cheap). :)

I wonder if these two items are related.

My year of computer tech support expired Monday.

An old profile for a computer I no longer own was apparently downloaded via a flash drive I was reviewing onto the above-mentioned computer, complete with a password I no longer remember.

*sigh*

Back from four days in Las Vegas for a poker tournament. Came in 70th out of 460. Took two days. Top 24 paid out money :( Met up with an IGN forum moderator while out there. Had a good time. Managed to stay away from the cash poker games for once. Yay! Only spent money on two things the entire time I was out there because my father paid for everything else.

Today's the day that in the UK, we collect 'surplus coinage' on behalf of the Poppy Day Appeal.
So my local ATC squadron is expected to be out there and doing for a good cause.
And it's a cold, breezy day.

Winter woollies are required, I suspect.
:rolleyes:

Today's the day that in the UK, we collect 'surplus coinage' on behalf of the Poppy Day Appeal.
So my local ATC squadron is expected to be out there and doing for a good cause.
And it's a cold, breezy day.

Winter woollies are required, I suspect.
:rolleyes:

I'm on my third poppy this November. I have lost two pin-on ones and I keep re-sticking the stick-on one. Will it last until Sunday? I doubt it.

I'll probably have to buy another. More money for the British Legion. ;)

I'm on my third poppy this November. I have lost two pin-on ones and I keep re-sticking the stick-on one. Will it last until Sunday? I doubt it.

I'll probably have to buy another. More money for the British Legion. ;)

And all for the best of 'good' causes.
And as predicted it was bloody cold!.
And tomorrow is the Remembrance Day Parade: Banners waving, drums a-bashing, trumpets blaring;
and very short steps so the little ones at the back don't fall too far behind!
And me?. I get to wear my RAF beret for the only time in a year.
And I'm taking the photos - again.

And all for the best of 'good' causes.
And as predicted it was bloody cold!.
And tomorrow is the Remembrance Day Parade: Banners waving, drums a-bashing, trumpets blaring;
and very short steps so the little ones at the back don't fall too far behind!
And me?. I get to wear my RAF beret for the only time in a year.
And I'm taking the photos - again.

I had the best intentions of getting my grandfather's medals (the Pip, Squeak, and Wilfred set http://www.greatwar.co.uk/medals/ww1-campaign-medals.htm) re-ribboned. Ah well, maybe for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back