Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter went home late today/Monday. I talked to her on the phone a few minutes but I don't know what restrictions she has. (I chuckled at the 'kid' . . . she's 35.)

That's good news! I'm so glad for you all.
:rose:

Did you see the piccie of the new cat we're going to get? I'm trying to remember where I posted it now, LOL. I'll put it up here again.

attachment.php

attachment.php

F*** F*** F***.

They are doing an event on my PhD research in London. They're looking for people to come and take part. There is nobody who has ever done serious work in this area except me. I am the world expert but nobody knows because I'm buried in the provinces and people think I'm a dolly bird, they can't seem to hear when I say: Hey! I've done some serious work here, y'know! Wouldn't you like to take a look at least?

It's on a Saturday. Why are these effing things always on a Saturday? :rolleyes: It's the Saturday after I want to go and do a workshop at the burlesque show, and I already have to teach so many Saturdays.

But they might pay my expenses to go, and I could go and talk about my work, maybe it would lead to something.

:confused::confused::confused:

Must think, use brain, think carefully.
:cool: (those sunglasses have diamante arms, btw)

Made it through kung fu class today, mostly. My brain felt a little clogged, and I had to pause well more often than normal, but no incidents of passing out.

I still think you should get a checkup. Make sure you're OK. You're a young fit guy, you shouldn't be feeling weak and giddy. You might have a low-level virus?
:heart:

F*** F*** F***.

They are doing an event on my PhD research in London. They're looking for people to come and take part. There is nobody who has ever done serious work in this area except me. I am the world expert but nobody knows because I'm buried in the provinces and people think I'm a dolly bird, they can't seem to hear when I say: Hey! I've done some serious work here, y'know! Wouldn't you like to take a look at least?

It's on a Saturday. Why are these effing things always on a Saturday? :rolleyes: It's the Saturday after I want to go and do a workshop at the burlesque show, and I already have to teach so many Saturdays.

But they might pay my expenses to go, and I could go and talk about my work, maybe it would lead to something.

Must think, use brain, think carefully.

Do I understand you to mean that a "workshop" or similar event is being held on a London Saturday on the subject upon which you are the Leading Expert and the organisers didn't invite you to speak, automatically ?

Are they unaware of who/where you are or something ?

Do I understand you to mean that a "workshop" or similar event is being held on a London Saturday on the subject upon which you are the Leading Expert and the organisers didn't invite you to speak, automatically ?

Are they unaware of who/where you are or something ?

LOL, of course they are unaware of who I am. I'm a complete genius at light under bushel hiding. I've emailed them to say, Hullo, this is me. I might come if you are very nice to me! I just hate not being around on Saturdays and I must check, it might be a Saturday I have to teach.

I think that Smash burger I ate last night cut right through me...

TGP, are you really feeling OK? Don't you think it would be worth just having a checkover? If you think it's just that you're a bit down, that's fine of course - I mean, not fine but I won't hassle you to go to the doc's. I just think it's not right that you feel giddy and weak given all the fitness activities you do.

TGP, are you really feeling OK? Don't you think it would be worth just having a checkover? If you think it's just that you're a bit down, that's fine of course - I mean, not fine but I won't hassle you to go to the doc's. I just think it's not right that you feel giddy and weak given all the fitness activities you do.

Aside from low energy, low blood pressure when working out, tight hips/hamstrings, and a loose bowel movement this morning (which I think was from dinner last night), I feel fine.

I'm pretty sure the low energy is just depression from female problems. The low blood pressure when working out is chronic, even though it was worse on Sunday than normal. My head hates being anywhere near the floor, which makes pushups, squats, and other exercises difficult, but not impossible. Add the two things together, and bad day was had.

Aside from low energy, low blood pressure when working out, tight hips/hamstrings, and a loose bowel movement this morning (which I think was from dinner last night), I feel fine.

I'm pretty sure the low energy is just depression from female problems. The low blood pressure when working out is chronic, even though it was worse on Sunday than normal. My head hates being anywhere near the floor, which makes pushups, squats, and other exercises difficult, but not impossible. Add the two things together, and bad day was had.

I guess you already have advice on how to manage the low blood pressure? As long as you are sure you're OK. We were a bit worried on here when we saw you having giddy spells etc.
:heart:

:rolleyes: Go to the doctor's and get advice, silly sweet thing. That might have a good effect on your depression, and that might have a good effect on your girl-meeting. I mean if you could get into a good enough mood to get out the door some nights, it would help!
:p back at you. And I am pulling my face into a horrible shape too!

Haha, I'm not the only one getting bugged about my health from the Duchess. :D

God, not the only one! Now there's andy_charles in Naked coughing and spluttering with Tio trying to feed him champagne :rolleyes:. There are four people I'm being solicitous about their health with, and I'm not even a medical doctor!

TGP - do like John, he's booked into a clinic. Do the same, see he's cheered up and feels better already and he hasn't even been yet.

God, not the only one! Now there's andy_charles in Naked coughing and spluttering with Tio trying to feed him champagne :rolleyes:. There are four people I'm being solicitous about their health with, and I'm not even a medical doctor!

TGP - do like John, he's booked into a clinic. Do the same, see he's cheered up and feels better already and he hasn't even been yet.

And you've not mentioned the problems of watching the weight

You people need to stop posting cat pictures. I am this close to getting one and I simply cannot do it right now! *cries*

Yes, you prompted me to realize I had done it. I've edited.

Thank you, Tio. :kiss: You weren't the only one, and I'm not really the one to be correcting anybody's spelling. God knows I suck at it. But, it makes me think that people are pronouncing it incorrectly, too. It's kind of like pronouncing New Orleans incorrectly if y'all know what I mean.

Thank you, Tio. :kiss: You weren't the only one, and I'm not really the one to be correcting anybody's spelling. God knows I suck at it. But, it makes me think that people are pronouncing it incorrectly, too. It's kind of like pronouncing New Orleans incorrectly if y'all know what I mean.

It's not a matter of spelling, per se; the -town suffix often becomes -ton in many city/village names, and we tend to write it that way even when it isn't. Middletown, NY suffers the same mistaken assumption. Thanks again for setting it right.

It's not a matter of spelling, per se; the -town suffix often becomes -ton in many city/village names, and we tend to write it that way even when it isn't. Middletown, NY suffers the same mistaken assumption. Thanks again for setting it right.

There's a Middleton, Massachusetts; and a Middletown, Connecticut. They are both pronounced differently. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back