Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. I don't have an answer. All I could do is tell of events that lead up to where I am now. 100 pounds lighter in high school, developed a bad self image, I look slightly pregnant in my midsection (I'm sucking in my gut but good in that shirtless pic), I am very awkward when talking to new people, I don't know how to have fun, when I hit my physical prime at 24/25 years old, all of the females around me were either mothers or underage and every time I would meet someone around my age my "best friend" would be a cock-block (I didn't realize to what extent until much later, and am not friends with him anymore).

Now, most of the women my age in the area are already married with children. The ones that are single look at me like I have three heads.

A bit of tummy is really not the issue. A man who knows how to write about sex, and likes a woman, will always wing it over one who has a washboard for a tummy but no idea what to do with it. If you're under-confident and thinking about your tummy instead of your wit and sexy face, you get anxious and then it's hard to come across as the fun person you are, with all the interests you have, which you could share with someone.

Is it an issue someone being a mother? I mean, if they are a single mother, of course. I sometimes get the impression you go for a younger kind of woman, who might not have the maturity and sense to engage seriously with you. But I'm sure there must be plenty of women who are not mothers and who would be interested, if them being a parent is an issue.

Oh, and if you think 24/5 is your prime - you have a lot of fun to look forward to! LOL. The older you get, the more you learn, the more sophisticated and attractive you become, in my opinion. I am a bit biassed, mind. I am 50 and constantly picking them out of my cleavage (get off! you builder, just drink your tea and finish off plastering the front of my house!)

:heart:

A bit of tummy is really not the issue. A man who knows how to write about sex, and likes a woman, will always wing it over one who has a washboard for a tummy but no idea what to do with it. If you're under-confident and thinking about your tummy instead of your wit and sexy face, you get anxious and then it's hard to come across as the fun person you are, with all the interests you have, which you could share with someone.

Is it an issue someone being a mother? I mean, if they are a single mother, of course. I sometimes get the impression you go for a younger kind of woman, who might not have the maturity and sense to engage seriously with you. But I'm sure there must be plenty of women who are not mothers and who would be interested, if them being a parent is an issue.

Oh, and if you think 24/5 is your prime - you have a lot of fun to look forward to! LOL. The older you get, the more you learn, the more sophisticated and attractive you become, in my opinion. I am a bit biassed, mind. I am 50 and constantly picking them out of my cleavage (get off! you builder, just drink your tea and finish off plastering the front of my house!)

I have pursued two single mothers. Denied both times.

I am 37 and normally go for small women, as close to 30 as possible. The two women I actually had sex with were both older than I am (20 when I was 19, 34? when I was 32).

And I said "physical prime" was at 24. That was when I was starting to fill in muscles, without any fat getting in the way. I weighed 180 pounds and for the most part I was fit. I wish I had started martial arts training just a few years earlier...

I have pursued two single mothers. Denied both times.

I am 37 and normally go for small women, as close to 30 as possible. The two women I actually had sex with were both older than I am (20 when I was 19, 34? when I was 32).

And I said "physical prime" was at 24. That was when I was starting to fill in muscles, without any fat getting in the way. I weighed 180 pounds and for the most part I was fit. I wish I had started martial arts training just a few years earlier...

Hmmm. Must have a think. Curious, as you are now clearly in good condition and confident about it. I will give this some thought, my dear. But I am really puzzled, as you seriously are a hot blade (as my fella calls a man of calibre).

I have to get on with the supper now, but I will put my mind to the problem.

41 years today!

Since we got married.

A minor celebration because it isn't a significant anniversary multiple like 40 was last year. A takeaway Indian meal was the height of dissipation this evening, slightly better than 41 years ago.

We were in a run-down holiday flat in Tunbridge Wells for our first night of marriage. Our house purchase was unexpectedly delayed for six weeks because of delays in financing in the chain above us. Some of the lenders had decided that the funds wouldn't be released until two months after the first agreed date.

We couldn't get the ancient electrical cooker to work and the owners were away that night, so our first meal together after the wedding lunch was:

Fish and Chips.

At the time my wife was a teacher and the end of term was two weeks away, so we had Sunday together, and then we went back to work on Monday morning. We had a few days together at the end of term but were saving our days off for getting our new home straight.

Sunday lunchtime we found out why we couldn't work the cooker. We hadn't found the On/Off switch in the cupboard under the stairs, next to the coins in the slot meter to pay for the electricity.

We both had to learn how to cook with electricity, having come from homes with gas cookers. It didn't help that the cooker was pre-war and some of the controls, including the oven thermostat didn't work at all.

But we enjoyed ourselves and remember those six weeks with amusement. We were very lucky to find anywhere to live that was available for that period, otherwise we would have been with parents.

The owners had sold the house and were moving out in 2 months so the flat hadn't been let that year. The new owners were going to gut the holiday flat and turn it into a granny annexe, so all the furniture and equipment was to be scrapped. The bed had seen better days since it was made in the 1920s. The bath was about three feet six long and very deep with rust stains. All the electrical wiring and equipment should have been condemned. Turning a light on was best done with insulated gloves which we didn't have. The handle of a wooden spoon protected us.

But we loved that flat, because it was our first home together.

41 years today!

Since we got married.

Good for you and your wife, Og. It's truly heartwarming to see a couple stick it out together. I think this world could use many more examples of long-lasting love and marriage.

I had all but given up on a lifelong romance by the time I met my wife. I had been engaged numerous times, married once before (which ended in tragedy), and had pretty much reconciled myself to a future as a lonely old pervert. Then I met Her, and everything changed. For the better. It will be five years for us this coming Thursday, and I know we'll be able to celebrate our own 41st anniversary someday.

Thanks for keeping the hope alive, Og. ;)

Good for you and your wife, Og. It's truly heartwarming to see a couple stick it out together. I think this world could use many more examples of long-lasting love and marriage.

I had all but given up on a lifelong romance by the time I met my wife. I had been engaged numerous times, married once before (which ended in tragedy), and had pretty much reconciled myself to a future as a lonely old pervert. Then I met Her, and everything changed. For the better. It will be five years for us this coming Thursday, and I know we'll be able to celebrate our own 41st anniversary someday.

Thanks for keeping the hope alive, Og. ;)

Willie, I remember reading about some of your trials & tribulations.
I'm pleased it's all working for you and yours.
:)

We stopped to visit today, my son and I. He climbed all over your headstone, and I let him. I think if anyone could appreciate the irreverence of the action, it would be you. He doesn't understand; to him it's a strange park with odd rocks to climb on. He understands the sadness, though.

"Mama, are you sad?"

Surprised, I answer him honestly: "Yes, a little bit I suppose."

"I hug you, mama." And then he wraps his little two-year-old arms around my legs and squeezes tight. Such an old soul he has, and such a tight grip on my heart he has, too.

We played with your tractors today out in the dirt. He looked like a regular farmer. Sometimes, I swear when I look at him, I see you. It's a flicker, a tilt of the head, a moment that lasts all too fleetingly -but comforts nonetheless. I don't know what to believe about life after death; I think I'm more comfortable believing that your energy lives on in the lives of those you've touched. That includes me, and through me, him. It goes on exponentially. It becomes eternity. And that's, at least, something worth believing in.

We stopped to visit today, my son and I. He climbed all over your headstone, and I let him. I think if anyone could appreciate the irreverence of the action, it would be you. He doesn't understand; to him it's a strange park with odd rocks to climb on. He understands the sadness, though.

"Mama, are you sad?"

Surprised, I answer him honestly: "Yes, a little bit I suppose."

"I hug you, mama." And then he wraps his little two-year-old arms around my legs and squeezes tight. Such an old soul he has, and such a tight grip on my heart he has, too.

We played with your tractors today out in the dirt. He looked like a regular farmer. Sometimes, I swear when I look at him, I see you. It's a flicker, a tilt of the head, a moment that lasts all too fleetingly -but comforts nonetheless. I don't know what to believe about life after death; I think I'm more comfortable believing that your energy lives on in the lives of those you've touched. That includes me, and through me, him. It goes on exponentially. It becomes eternity. And that's, at least, something worth believing in.

And so beautifully put, Mac. :rose:

Our kids can heal such a multitude of ills. Sometimes we forget when they're driving us nuts, but they're more than worth it...

I feel churlish following such a beautiful post with my petty winged, but...

I fucking hate stocktake. That is all.

Our kids can heal such a multitude of ills. Sometimes we forget when they're driving us nuts, but they're more than worth it...

I wasn't over-keen either.
:)

Ugh, so begins RV season meaning long lines waiting for them to fill up and leave the gas stations, allotting more time for them to move their rigs up and down the mountains, and being more careful on the roads as they zip around the area like they own the place and ignore speed limits.

602199_10200676578064276_1739912861_n.jpg

And so beautifully put, Mac. :rose:

:rose:

Never feel churlish. This thread is for whatever floats your boat. :) Sometimes I need to put things out there into the ether that I cannot put anywhere else, and so it goes here. <shrug>

This thread is many things to many people, and that's the way it should be. Post on!

I just read back up through the thread. McKenna, I don't know the details of what happened in your life, but I can gather the gist of it from what you posted. I won't waste empty words on expressions of sympathy or the effects of time, or whatever. Everyone has their own ways to heal.

I will only say: May you never forget the beauty of love.

:rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back