Isolated Blurt Thread Again

I have dropped from 110 kilos (245 lb) to 95 (210 lb).

I don't recommend getting cancer as a weight loss program...

I could have said that. I lost three stones in 5 weeks.
Thoughts & Prayers , Ogg.

Last edited:
Bloody Bankers!

I wanted to pay some money into my account from an online source.

I entered the sort code and account details from my cash card. It was declined due to 'incorrect account number'.

On my cash card they have added another digit to identify cash paid in at a machine. For all other transaction that digit has to be omitted. Did they tell me that? No.

I have now paid it into my account with another bank.

Today I went for a PET-CT scan at a hospital 35 miles away. I had to starve for five hours beforehand and two hours for the procedure - 7 hours in total. As a Type II diabetic that is awkward. I had breakfast at 6.30 am and my tablets. By 1 pm my blood sugar was at 4.8 and dropping fast. By 3.30 I could leave the unit and find food - but I was, and am, radioactive and have to stay away from pregnant women and young children for 48 hours.

The hospital eatery was useless with pregnant women everywhere. We went to a local supermarket. Normally I would have gone into the cafe for a meal but at that time it was full of mums and kids just out of school and pre-school so I sent my wife in to get sandwiches and a drink - when I really wanted a full-scale meal.

Shortly after I returned home my grandchildren arrived and I have to stay away from them, so I'm upstairs while they eat in the kitchen. I want a meal!!!

Today I went for a PET-CT scan at a hospital 35 miles away. I had to starve for five hours beforehand and two hours for the procedure - 7 hours in total. As a Type II diabetic that is awkward. I had breakfast at 6.30 am and my tablets. By 1 pm my blood sugar was at 4.8 and dropping fast. By 3.30 I could leave the unit and find food - but I was, and am, radioactive and have to stay away from pregnant women and young children for 48 hours.

The hospital eatery was useless with pregnant women everywhere. We went to a local supermarket. Normally I would have gone into the cafe for a meal but at that time it was full of mums and kids just out of school and pre-school so I sent my wife in to get sandwiches and a drink - when I really wanted a full-scale meal.

Shortly after I returned home my grandchildren arrived and I have to stay away from them, so I'm upstairs while they eat in the kitchen. I want a meal!!!

You didn't get superpowers? Damn.

And now I'm being forced out of my apartment so they can renovate it and charge more money for it. So I need to find a new apartment for the third time in two years...

Received my first non English comments recently on a story posted to Lit. Translated and the sentiments are similar to others expressed by readers. Glad to know that the plot has international appeal.

Any minute now, it's gopnna rain; as in R A I N.

We've had rain, the first real shower for over a month. But it didn't last long.

We didn't gain records for being one of the driest areas in the UK for nothing. We have less rain in a year than Barcelona.

Well, we got the rain.Dropping down from Heaven upon the earth beneath.
but it am bloody wet !
And the Bill for my car with about $850.

Enduring Power of Attorney

I have just signed an Enduring Power of Attorney that enables my wife and daughters to take financial decisions for me if I am unable to so in the future.

It does not take effect until I am unable to make such decisions but I have to have all my marbles when I sign it (and have a friend willing to state that I am mentally aware at the time of signing). It is an insurance against becoming incapacitated in the future. If I am not capable of signing it then a court would have to decide whether any decisions are in my interest - and that could be very expensive and long-winded for any decision.

In the next week or so I have to sign a similar form for decisions about my health if I am incapable of making such decisions in future.

In both cases I can make recommendations on how those acting for me should act when necessary (If I know what I am doing when I make those recommendations).

Each form is complex and long and costs £84 each to register, but that is much less than a single court-made decision made for an incompetent me.

I recommend signing and registering them for every UK citizen of pensionable age. It would make life much easier for your relations if you get dementia. Afterwards would be too late!

Just submitted another short one. I just wish the plot bunnies would stop reproducing...

Sorry - it doesn't look good. My medical daughter suggests we should plan for a 48th wedding anniversary party in six months time because I am very unlikely to survive until our 50th in 2022.

I have dropped from 110 kilos (245 lb) to 95 (210 lb).

I don't recommend getting cancer as a weight loss program...

You, I like. This saddens me greatly. I don't know what to say, all the usual platitudes seem so trite for such an admirable man as yourself.

I made brownies last night. Brownies made with two kinds of liquor.

They came out better than I expecting, considering it was an experiment involving recipes of I found online and "what to do with this leftover bourbon bottle" question that had been bugging me for weeks.

The convention is this weekend.

THIS. FREAKING. WEEKEND.

I am so not prepared. Half my inventory is still a mess from the last event, and I still have to figure out how to cram at least 8’ of product display into 4’.

So, is this the general trend? Because it seems counter-intuitive.

All the Anon comments: "SO GREAT! Love this! Can't wait for more!"
The one comment with a username: "fix your spelling"

Grr!

My monitor died yesterday. I liked it. It was a second-hand auction purchase for £3.30 but it was a fairly large letter-box style and worked well except for two small, barely noticeable, scratches on the screen.

I have borrowed the smaller square monitor from my older computer but I will have to buy a new monitor now...

My monitor died yesterday. I liked it. It was a second-hand auction purchase for £3.30 but it was a fairly large letter-box style and worked well except for two small, barely noticeable, scratches on the screen.

I have borrowed the smaller square monitor from my older computer but I will have to buy a new monitor now...

I bought my monitors from a "computer recycling centre".
They work and didn't cost me much.

Back