Is the Politics Board ready for A.I.- generated post content?

RoryN

You're screwed.
I recently spotted what I thought was some elsewhere; I put it through a detection site and, sure enough, it came back as A.I. - generated.

But who knows how accurate the checkers are? And it's going to get much harder to spot from here on out, especially when a person mixes in their own original content.

Are we ready? Is every critical-thinking-contributor's fact and content-checking skills up to par?

It has been occurring for at least four years....not directly...but ever notice how the right wingers here never have anything to say...and then...6 hours later...they are all in lock step repeating the same thing. Where do you think FOX gets it from? Only thing about to change is the timetable...removing the middle man. Sad thing...those puppets will soon be unemployed. No more checks from Putin

I recently spotted what I thought was some elsewhere; I put it through a detection site and, sure enough, it came back as A.I. - generated.

But who knows how accurate the checkers are? And it's going to get much harder to spot from here on out, especially when a person mixes in their own original content.

Are we ready? Is every critical-thinking-contributor's fact and content-checking skills up to par?
if the deplorables suddenly appear 'smart', it might be a heads up.

as for the usual suspects, they quote great swathes of someone else's material verbatim and don't offer credits or links. They're easily checked by just running a few sentences through a search and the article will appear that the deplorable plagiarised.

let's face it, the type and quality of a lot of members' posts means they may as well be bots anyway and not worth interacting with. If a smart a-i comes along posting, they might be fun but it would mean having to doubt any newb who might be real before being able to check them out via other means.

Back