infant mortality rates rise

butters

High on a Hill
“The infant mortality rate for the United States rose 3% from 2021 to 2022, the first year-to-year increase in the rate since 2001 to 2002,” the agency’s report stated. “From 2002 to 2021, the infant mortality rate declined 22%.”

The mortality rate among infants born to American Indian and Alaska Native non-Hispanic and White non-Hispanic mothers rose significantly more than the overall change, the CDC noted in its report. The changes in mortality rates observed among infants born to Black; Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander; Hispanic; and Asian mothers were not statistically significant.

Four states were observed as having seen significantly increased infant mortality rates — Georgia, Iowa, Missouri, and Texas — while Nevada was the single state to see significant drops in mortality in 2022.

Across different age groups of mother, the infant mortality rate was only observed to rise among women between the ages of 25 and 29 between 2021 and 2022. Mortality rates also rose for all preterm infants, those born before 37 weeks of gestation, as well as male infants.

Among the top 10 leading causes of infant death, two rose significantly last year: maternal complications of pregnancy and bacterial sepsis of newborns. The top cause of infant mortality in 2022 was congenital malformations.
https://whnt.com/news/infant-mortality-rate-rises-for-first-time-in-20-years-cdc/

a coming together of covid, anti-vaccine stances, anti-abortion pushes and doctors/health care workers leaving because of the previous?

C'mon, man. I hate MAGA as much as anyone. But this is just petty, desperate, and lame. Be better than them.

C'mon, man. I hate MAGA as much as anyone. But this is just petty, desperate, and lame. Be better than them.
not a man.

i don't Hate, i despise

i postulated this as a question. do you have another opinion as to why these things may have occurred?
a) higher deaths due to congenital malformations
b) pre-term and infant deaths from covid
c) maternal complications of pregnancy and bacterial sepsis of newborns.

i am saying for a fact that the arguments i made are the reasons, but they'd certainly cover the above:

fewer abortions of the congenitally malformed mean more births and, subsequently, more early deaths of infants;

covid burn-out from hospital staff in some of the least vaccinated populations' hospitals could have led to fewer staff on neo-natal wards so babies didn't get the help required;

we know more babies died in that year than would be considered normal, due to covid complications, as did a lot of mothers; there was an increase in preterm deaths...we know unvaccinated covid-sick mothers were more likely to miscarry than mothers with covid who had had their shots. That is recorded fact.

maternal complications are more likely to occur during delivery when carrying a pregnancy they may have chosen to terminate earlier without the draconian anti-abortion pressures...and if you combine that with sick or burnt-out staff creating a shortage of efficient care, more babies will die at or soon after birth.

Covid may also have been responsible for some pregnant mothers not seeking out the health care they really needed (though they may have been unaware i.e hypertension) and those going through labour and being sick themselves also adds to the figures.
It was also the reason a lot of businesses closed down and staff being laid off during the shut-downs; this could be a contributing factor if money was a concern when considering reaching out for the kind of medical care a mother might normally have opted for. If you're having to choose between being able to feed your current family and paying for a doctor's appointment and medical treatment, feeding the kids will come first.

The bacterial sepsis? Staff shortages, cleaner shortages, medical supply issues? Who knows? The hospitals do... and it is a documented fact a lot more babies were born prematurely to mothers sick with covid.
Bacterial sepsis in newborns is a serious infection that occurs when bacteria enter the bloodstream1. It can be caused by exposure to certain kinds of bacteria during birth23, especially if the mother has an infection, such as group B streptococcus (GBS) or chorioamnionitis2431, or if the baby is born prematurely or has a medical procedure45. Common bacteria that cause sepsis in newborns include E.coli, GBS, Neisseria meningitidis, Salmonella, Haemophilus influenzae type b, and Listeria monocytogenes531.

it's posted as an open-ended discussion about why infant mortality rates have risen in the United States. Someone may have valuable insight (with citations) that negate the reasons i've postulated. It's neither petty nor lame to look at why children are dying post birth in greater numbers than the trends in America have shown for twenty years. Desperate? really? This isn't a 'gotcha, you stupid maga vaccine-deniers' thread, it's a solid look at the reasons for those additional post-natal deaths that would be terrible events for those involved.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/pr...&cvid=beb902dcede9451d9bf55a338b8d28fd&ei=109

per a new report published in Obstetrics & Gynecology, a respected medical journal:

In a survey conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine, almost 350 graduating OB-GYNs from 37 states talked about their professional plans.

Of those respondents, 17% said that the Supreme Court’s decision had caused them to rethink where they wanted to begin their medical careers.

Young Doctors Want to Practice ALL Medicine​

And eight times as many new doctors who previously planned to practice in conservative states fell into that category than those who planned to practice in abortion-supportive states.

The study’s lead author, Alex Woodcock, said that news likely means that pregnant women will suffer more than ever in states that already lack adequate care in many cases.

Even before Roe v. Wade went by the wayside, a study from the Commonwealth Fund found that maternal death rates were 62% higher in anti-abortion states than in pro-choice states.

https://whnt.com/news/infant-mortality-rate-rises-for-first-time-in-20-years-cdc/

a coming together of covid, anti-vaccine stances, anti-abortion pushes and doctors/health care workers leaving because of the previous?
Babies are dying...I must make it political! I must blame the other side! I can't simply say what a shame, I need to blame people with different beliefs than mine!

Politicizing infant death, be proud of the new lows you continue to hit.

What's sadder than your undying need for attention and to spew hate no matter what the topic is my first thought reading the thread title is these little ones might be better off.

There is no future for them in this abomination of a world. A world mindless cows like you helped create and eventually destroy, just make sure to put who's fault your death is on your tombstone because obviously nothing is ever the fault of you and yours

Babies are dying...I must make it political! I must blame the other side! I can't simply say what a shame, I need to blame people with different beliefs than mine!

What's sadder than your undying need for attention and to spew hate no matter what the topic is my first thought reading the thread title is these little ones might be better off.

There is no future for them in this abomination of a world. A world mindless cows like you helped create and eventually destroy, just make sure to put who's fault your death is on your tombstone because obviously nothing is ever the fault of you and yours

Fuck your feelings you insufferable simp.

There is clear cause and effect from right wing policies that are directly contributing to infant mortality and maternal mortality.

JFC

SAD!!!

simply saying 'it's a shame' is as useful as 'thoughts and prayers'

it's not just 'a shame', it's a freakin' disgrace

Covid is a virus, not a politician, and the results of people catching covid are well-documented

politics surely does play a part in this, as my third post in this thread perfectly illustrates. Sorry you can't wrap your little noggin around that.

projection is all you have. You're positively jumping up and down with spittle flying from your lips in a desire to be seen by me. You were seen. You may not lay back down like a good little doggie while the adults talk.

p.s as a self-proclaimed writer, i'd suggest you check your grammar better when posting unless you wish your 'points' lost in the laughter engendered by your waffle.

have a nice day!

Fuck your feelings you insufferable simp.

There is clear cause and effect from right wing policies that are directly contributing to infant mortality and maternal mortality.

JFC

SAD!!!
there is, though i am also open to understanding what else (if anything) is also in play to help raise these awful figures.

What a sad ignorant life you live.

Considering that MAGA embraces anti-abortion legislation (rabidly) and that anti-abortion legislation is so poorly written that it is legislating OB-GYN doctors out of entire areas - leaving millions of women with no or substandard prenatal and obstetric care. See Idaho, parts of Wisconsin, the Dakotas, Alabama, Georgia, Texas etc.

It's really not much of a stretch.

there is, though i am also open to understanding what else (if anything) is also in play to help raise these awful figures.

Sadly but truly, right wing policies on climate, social issues, economics, education (sex and otherwise), regulating environmental pollutants, etc, on top of right wing policies on science, medicine, and healthcare (women’s and otherwise) has led infant and maternal mortality to the place it is right now.

JFC

SAD!!’

This can go here

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/4291117-court-tosses-epa-ban-pesticide/

Along with the silence from the Biden Administration. People want to point fingers at Republicans...and they do deserve half the blame. But the other half belongs squarely on the Democrats. We have no policy other than we aren't them. And it shows

Seriously? How is an EPA court decision to be blamed on Biden messaging?
You must be a yoga instructor with all the twists you take to point at D’s.

This can go here

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/4291117-court-tosses-epa-ban-pesticide/

Along with the silence from the Biden Administration. People want to point fingers at Republicans...and they do deserve half the blame. But the other half belongs squarely on the Democrats. We have no policy other than we aren't them. And it shows

Also, here’s a shitload of Biden policy a beltway in the know insider, such as yourself, should already know.

https://forum.literotica.com/threads/the-bidengood-thread.1539077/page-14#post-97481461

This can go here

Along with the silence from the Biden Administration. People want to point fingers at Republicans...and they do deserve half the blame. But the other half be
And one more thing - Seeing as how how so many Americans are not interested in the day to day political doings of DC and topics such as infant mortality, the EPA, and explaining the effects and use of chlorpyrifos is even confusing to to me - "We are not them" turns out to be quite powerful and simple messaging to a lay person.

Increasing poverty is enough to increase all types of death, but there is plenty more happening. I expect healthcare issues will get very heated next year, so I'll save my rant endurance for the appropriate season.

Increasing poverty is enough to increase all types of death, but there is plenty more happening. I expect healthcare issues will get very heated next year, so I'll save my rant endurance for the appropriate season.
Why save a rant on healthcare for healthcare season? Is that a thing now? Does that coincide with the Super Bowl or Obamacare enrollment? Every day is a day we can talk on healthcare. Spit it out already.

I'm sorry. I'm deflecting some anger from elsewhere on to you. I like your posts whenever they come. They are cute and cuddly to me. You talk on healthcare whenever. I apologize.

And one more thing - Seeing as how how so many Americans are not interested in the day to day political doings of DC and topics such as infant mortality, the EPA, and explaining the effects and use of chlorpyrifos is even confusing to to me - "We are not them" turns out to be quite powerful and simple messaging to a lay person.
And yet...how did that work out in 2022? You know...after Roe v Wade was overturned? If that wouldn't keep the House under Democratic control...why would the health of kids?

Yes, I saw this the other time you posted it. (Maybe post it in another few threads as well)

My response was regarding your first post on the EPA failing to address the court ruling.

Are you sure you're not a BB alt?
I love making you look stupid. Just love rubbing your face in it more.

Back