Inauguration Day Poem, 2021

Angeline

Poet Chick
If you haven't seen it, here's a link to the extraordinary poem written and read at the inauguration by 22-year-old (!) Amanda Gorman. She is America's first National Youth Poet Laureate.

The Hill We Climb

And here is an article about the poem.

Thanks such a change from what went before. A remarkable piece for a difficult time.

Thanks such a change from what went before. A remarkable piece for a difficult time.

It sure is. And yesterday felt glorious: I alternated between joyful and peaceful. I had almost forgotten how good it feels to not have constant underlying anxiety about what might happen next. :rolleyes:

There's currently an article on CNN: "Amanda Gorman's fellow laureates are tuning in for Super Bowl LV..." just in case anyone was wondering if Poetry-in-Public was a too old-school.

There's currently an article on CNN: "Amanda Gorman's fellow laureates are tuning in for Super Bowl LV..." just in case anyone was wondering if Poetry-in-Public was a too old-school.

I have zero interest in football, but it's so cool that poetry will be part of the event. It's also tres cool that this young woman has, with her great gift for poetry, created such a buzz. :heart:

Back