If MLK was a Commie, so much the better for Commies

awww.. another idiot unaware of the history of the dixiecrats and still clinging to the myth of MLK being a republican

From what I understand, MLK was a liberal Republican, which is an extinct species nowadays (after the Great Reagan Reformation). This doesn't surprise me, given the bad reputation that the dixiecraps and Jim Crow had given Democrats in the 1950s-1960s.

That doesn't matter to racists like the Vettebigot, though. He routinely brays "MLK was a REPUBLICAN! Hurr Durr! Hurr Durr!"

From what I understand, MLK was a liberal Republican, which is an extinct species nowadays (after the Great Reagan Reformation). This doesn't surprise me, given the bad reputation that the dixiecraps and Jim Crow had given Democrats in the 1950s-1960s.

That doesn't matter to racists like the Vettebigot, though. He routinely brays "MLK was a REPUBLICAN! Hurr Durr! Hurr Durr!"

and even if he was a republican...why didnt a single solitary republican attend the anniversary of the march on washington

funny way to honour a guy you think is a hero.... by snubbing him

and even if he was a republican...why didnt a single solitary republican attend the anniversary of the march on washington

Yeah! Celebrate it the way Dr. King would have dreamed it....With a bi-racial gang-bang...

...If only he had lived to see your avatar...

...would have brought a tear to his eye....

Yeah! Celebrate it the way Dr. King would have dreamed it....With a bi-racial gang-bang...

that's your defense for the Republican party turning it's back on MLK?

Republicans want to teach #ThosePeople a lesson: Not voting for us? FINE, see if we come to YOUR parade dammit!

How do you know there wasn't a single solitary Republican in that march?

there quite possibly was... but there wasnt a single solitary elected one in that March

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...ns-at-the-mlk-march-on-washington-anniversary

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama stand with former President Bill Clinton, among others, for the national anthem during the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.

The 50th anniversary march and speeches to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech were inspiring in the sheer variety of people present and the breadth of issues discussed. It wasn't just about blacks seeking justice in a white-dominated country. It was about justice and equality for everyone – black, white, make, female, gay, straight, with or without disabilities. Yes, we have a ways to go in reaching true equality, but the very scene – featuring so many people of different races, ethnicities and age – was a sign of how successful a culture can be, even with the natural tumult that comes form quickly changing demographics.

That's why it was all the more disappointing – and truly baffling, from a pure political perspective – that there were no Republican speakers.

Both former presidents Bush were invited, and declined, citing health reasons. That makes sense; the elder President Bush has been ailing on and off over the last year, and the younger former president recently had a procedure done on his heart. He sent a lovely and gracious statement to mark the day. Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush declined to take the place of his family members, and we can't blame him for that. However sincere and well-intentioned he might be, and however apolitical his remarks might have been, it's a certainty that many reporters and pundits would interpret his presence as some sort of kick-off for the 2016 campaign. That would not only have been terribly unfair, but it would have detracted from the purpose of the day. Jeb Bush was actually displaying his respect for the memory of Martin Luther King by staying away and keeping 2016 talk out of the story.

But why weren't House Speaker John Boehner or House Majority Leader Eric Cantor there? Both were invited, and both declined, citing scheduling conflicts. But this wasn't some last-minute party; this was a long-anticipated event. And even if the formal invitation came only weeks ago, both should have made time. So why didn't they?

It might be tempting for some on the left to presume that neither man cares about civil rights, or that they hate African-Americans, but those ideas are absurd. Cantor in particular has talked about the importance of fixing the Voting Rights Act (as directed by the Supreme Court) in order to save it, and has also talked very poignantly about his trip with Rep. John Lewis to Selma, Alabama, the locale of the iconic freedom march. It's ridiculous to interpret Boehner and Cantor's absence as a rejection of King's legacy or civil rights.

Tragically, the answer may be much simpler and arguably more disturbing. Is it just that Republicans, some of whom are facing Tea party challenges in primaries, are reluctant to even be on the same stage as President Obama? We have seen cases where very conservative lawmakers – sincere conservatives, not people who define conservatism as the refusal to talk to anyone who disagrees with them – are being criticized by malcontents in their districts for even talking to Obama or other leading Democrats, let alone negotiating with them.

This group treats Obama like he's some sort of brutal, third-world dictator – or maybe just Satan – and punishes anyone who gets near him. It used to be considered an honor to meet the president and be photographed with him, even if you didn't vote for him. He's the president, after all. But for the irrationally hateful segment of the population, having a photo with Obama is like being in the background of a picture of mobsters at a restaurant, knowing that photo is in an FBI file somewhere.

The remarkable thing is that the GOP, on paper, at least (having done a comprehensive study of itself earlier this year) seems to understand that the party has to reach out beyond white America if it ever wants to win another national election. Winning a statewide election is also getting harder and harder to do without support from African-Americans, Latinos and other (for the moment) minority groups. True, Boehner and other Republicans have spoken at other events marking the 50th anniversary, but those events just underscore the problem. In commemorating a pivotal moment in American history and civil rights, the GOP perversely chose to make the events separate but equal.

Abe Lincoln was a Republican, and he freed the slaves. The GOP grew out of a coalition of anti-slavery "Conscience Whigs." It's time for the leaders of the Republican party to take their party back.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican because, during the 100-years immediately following the American Civil War, it was the DEMOCRATIC PARTY that controlled the south, and like it or not, the Democrats were the party of segregation and the Ku Kux Klan!

And the Democrats kept black people down.

Today, of course, the American south is dominated by REPUBLICANS! I don't think there's a single Democrat from the south anymore in the entire U.S. Senate! And the only BLACK U.S. Senator is a Republican from South Carolina!

Does racism still exist in the south? I'm sure it does, in places, but Democratic Party SEGREGATION is non-existent, as is the KKK --- I've been living down here for the past twenty years and if the Klan still exists it sure is quiet --- unlike the days when the Democrats ran this region!

Prominent Democrat U.S. Senator Robert Byrd (West Virginia) was an actual officer in the Ku Kux Klan, while Al Gore's Democrat U.S. Senator father, Al Gore, Sr. (Tennessee) was a segregationist who voted to OPPOSE the Civil Rights Act of 1965! True stories!

Let us not forget that Robert "Sheets" Byrd, ran up a 14 hour and thirteen minute filibuster against the Civil Rights Act, and that 80% of the votes against it were Democrat votes.

All true. All irrelevant, except . . .

Aren't you guys ashamed of what the GOP has become since then?

You know, a party where David Duke can run for office as a Republican and somehow it seems to make more sense than Lyndon LaRouche running as a Democrat?

Let us not forget the Democrat Party morality that right up to the day he died, called Robert Byrd, the "conscience" of the Senate." It didn't stop Barack Obama from running for office under it's brand, despite being trained and mentored by Communists and the terrorist Bill Ayers.

The distinction here is that Byrd renounced his ties to the Klan a long long time ago. Hell, even George Wallace admitted his race baiting was wrong.

You, on the other hand, have never wavered in your race baiting.

Byrd was very comfortable with the N-word right own into his 80s, so your theory of his redemption, like everything else, lies in tatters.:rolleyes:

Is this using the same tattered redemption way you see BusyBody and JimmyBShitstain, since they're obviously very comfortable into their dotage with the N-word here, even in thread titles and you're obviously very comfortable posting in those same unredeemable threads they make?

tumblr_m9wofiCO961qa6g1m.gif

The distinction here is that Byrd renounced his ties to the Klan a long long time ago. Hell, even George Wallace admitted his race baiting was wrong.

You, on the other hand, have never wavered in your race baiting.

I don't really think that you know what -race baiting- is. It is very much the activity that you, yourself, engage in regularly...

To your dissembling on Byrds racism:

"Renounced" is kind of similar to like, "Downplayed..."

..."Ties to" is kind of like, "Was instrumental in regruiting 150 members and forming his local chapter of the KKK..." He was elected by that chapter unanimously to the position of Exalted Cyclops. His fellow Klansman saw him as a fervent believer. Maybe that chapter was full of kind-hearted, benevolent Klansmen, like you use to commune with in Georgia?

...Saying that his opposition fo the Civil Rights Act was a mistake politically, is not exactly the same as throwing his support to the idea.

...a "Long time ago..." is kind of like "At the end of a long life of virulent racism.." He did conveniently announce he "stopped paying dues" when he began a long career in politics. One doesn't leave the Klan.

Using the "N" word is different when you support Democratic Party ideals...but you knew that...that is how you get cover from Verityboy.

2001:

They're much, much better than they've ever been in my lifetime ... I think we talk about race too much. I think those problems are largely behind us ... I just think we talk so much about it that we help to create somewhat of an illusion. I think we try to have good will. My old mom told me, 'Robert, you can't go to heaven if you hate anybody.' We practice that. There are white niggers. I've seen a lot of white niggers in my time, if you want to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much

Nine years before his death, he is still using the "N-word" with the ease and convenience that you do.

Still don't get the use of burning your lifespan being a shitty alt persona that's not even a footlong switch from the previous shitty liar persona one still uses, but...

...hey, them's basic beige bitch territories! Let 'em have their fun! :D

I don't really think that you know what -race baiting- is. It is very much the activity that you, yourself, engage in regularly...

you want to know what race baiting is

here's an example

you see the worthless sack of skin that wrote this was implying that since I like sleeping with black men.. namely my husband... that I must love participating in bi-racial gangbangs based solely on ym avatar

this of course was an attempt to completely deflect my question as to why no republican offical attended the anniversary of the march on washington.. and a deliberate attempt to insult me based on the " race" of the cartoon characters in my avatar

deflecting questions with racist sneering is the epitome of race baiting and you really should give that douchebag some shit

Back