The Strange Case of Benjamin Netanyahu

RobDownSouth

Never Banhammered
Someone did a "document dump" on Twitter last night on Israeli strongman Benjamin Netanyahu.
Mostly American documents. All of it was "disappeared" by this morning.
Embarrassing stuff.
Netanyahu came to the United States in 1972 to attend MIT (bachelors and masters)
He later withdrew (or was dismissed) from Harvard's PhD program.
In 1973 he received a social security number (???) and petitioned a Massachusetts court to legally change his name from Benjamin Netanyahu to Benjamin Nitali. Reason for change was "easier to pronounce". Court granted his request, but he never followed up obtaining any legal ids with his new name.

More interesting was the odd Social Security Number. His social security number is technically "classified information".
A social security number has five very specific categories for classified social security numbers.
1. FBI Employees
2. CIA Employees
3. IRS Employees
4. Adjudicated terrorists
5. Convicted felons.

Netanyahu has never been convicted of a felony or committed any of his terroristic acts on US soil that we know of...

He certainly lacks the integrity to be an IRS employee.

So the question posed is....did he receive compensation from the FBI and/or CIA as a confidential informant that required him to have social security taxes withheld? Is or was Bibi a CIA mole?

More interesting was the odd Social Security Number. His social security number is technically "classified information".
A social security number has five very specific categories for classified social security numbers.
1. FBI Employees
2. CIA Employees
3. IRS Employees
4. Adjudicated terrorists
5. Convicted felons.
Can you cite some evidence of this? I don't believe this. One gets a Social Security Number before being employed--and most certainly before getting in the FBI or CIA. (I did; I'm in one of those categories, and I didn't change numbers. Beyond that federal employees aren't in the Social Security System at all. Most of them get a card, but no payments/benefits kick in during government employment). I don't believe there are number categories for terrorists or convicted felons either. It's customary to get your SSN before any of that would happen. Where in the Social Security system does it claim there are such categories?

What I have no trouble believing is that someone with future promise in his own country like Netanyahu probably had would be recruited early in life for activation later. Panama's Noreiga was an example of that. He was acting out against the United States and even before that was up to his neck in drugs and he was, at the same time, an asset of the CIA. He just got to the point he didn't let the CIA control him. Similarly, the CIA missed the boat on recruiting Ho Chi Minh. He offered. They just didn't have the foresight to take him up on the offer.

Last edited:
"Beyond that federal employees aren't in the Social Security System at all. Most of them get a card, but no payments/benefits kick in during government employment."

I was in for a while, covered under FERS. They took FICA like every other employer did and those years counted towards eligibility.

Back