If GATTACA (We Can Perfect Embryos to be Disease Free) Were Real, Does Incest Become 100% Love-is-Love?

FantasySharer1

Really Experienced
If GATTACA - the movie where doctors genetically take your genetic material and design embryos that are combinations of you but the BEST of you - with all diseases completely removed - would the last taboo - incest - disappear?

If the world was assured that a brother and sister mating would bring about only healthy offspring due to technology, I feel like there really isn't any reason to forbid it any longer, and love-is-love would apply fully to all incestuous relationships involving consenting adults.

If GATTACA - the movie where doctors genetically take your genetic material and design embryos that are combinations of you but the BEST of you - with all diseases completely removed - would the last taboo - incest - disappear?

If the world was assured that a brother and sister mating would bring about only healthy offspring due to technology, I feel like there really isn't any reason to forbid it any longer, and love-is-love would apply fully to all incestuous relationships involving consenting adults.
I think this assumes that the quality of the offspring's DNA is the biggest reason for incest not being acceptable. Regardless of it's reason in the past, today there is more to it. Otherwise incestual relationship between two people who cannot reproduce would be acceptable. But it's not.

So even if you perfect the DNA, the taboo nature will last for much longer

I think this assumes that the quality of the offspring's DNA is the biggest reason for incest not being acceptable. Regardless of it's reason in the past, today there is more to it. Otherwise incestual relationship between two people who cannot reproduce would be acceptable. But it's not.

So even if you perfect the DNA, the taboo nature will last for much longer

It’s worth asking why is an incestual relationship between two people who cannot reproduce considered wrong? Is it nothing more than family members shouldn’t be having sexual pleasure with each other?

It’s worth asking why is an incestual relationship between two people who cannot reproduce considered wrong? Is it nothing more than family members shouldn’t be having sexual pleasure with each other?
For the same reason Jews don't eat pork, indians don't eat beef. Long held beliefs of society seeps into people's mind deeper than one realizes and people follow them even if they themselves don't know the reason. Shame if you ask me but society is much more than just me

I don't think it's wrong at any level.

More curious about exploring the idea of - I wonder how the world would change in this respect if we had this tech and if it would free up incestuous relationships everywhere eventually.

Love is love will not be applied to incest. Humans identifying as goldfish will be more readily accepted. It's the crazy, stupid world we now live in.

I think if things continue the way they are then the people claiming to be goldfish would be the first to embrace incest rather than the incest-hinted-bible loving people

Back