I think my marriage just imploded...

My suggestion is to sit down with her and discuss going for counseling together. If she balks at it, then I suggest getting out and moving on. You're basically only roommates now anyway. If she won't put the effort into it, you're only torturing yourself by staying.

Whether you stay or go, you obviously need to work on yourself. How you view yourself, boundaries, responsibilites and things not your responsibility are all skewed.
This might be a first, folks, but I agree with Que.

I think the guy already made up his mind about what he sees as being the problem and what his options are,
and he's looking more to vent and for support and understanding.

My advice is to take the advice of all the posts actually attempting to help you. I also heartily recommend continuing to post here, just to piss off Irkle some more.

Analyze your economic and material resources and file for divorce. Be prepared to come out of it on the short end of the stick when you do. You'll hurt for a while but you'll eventually come to know there's much more to your existence than a life sentence of holy acrimony. My advice, be strong. Admit to yourself you need emotional help and seek it out. Hire a good attorney and change your life. Don't look back.

I'm sorry. I hope, at least, typing it all out gave you some clarity and emotional release.
I've been on both sides of the coin. Both, painful.

I echo others in that if you want to try to save the marriage, suggest therapy to your wife.

If not, leave and know that did your best.

I wish you all the best.

Thank you for reading all the way to the bottom... I know it sucked, but at least it tells me someone cares...

You start off by saying this is stupid. It's not stupid at all.

For now,

Please answer the following questions:

Do you have children - number and ages.
Do you have family members still in contact with. You, and her.
The friend, how did you meet him, and what does he do. Do you have other friends.
Do you have a social life.
On a Spiritual level, how does each of you identify, as a what, do each of you practice or not.
What field of work are you in.

i got as far as 'she withholds sex' and stopped reading.

her not desiring sex with you at any given time is NOT her 'withholding', a word which implies she is punishing you by not wanting sex, a word that implies you are entitled and she is holding out. it's damn hard to get turned on by someone who only wants to touch you if they're putting their dick in you.

whatever the fuck else is going on in your relationship, your attitude towards sex sucks.

her not desiring sex with you at any given time is NOT her 'withholding', a word which implies she is punishing you by not wanting sex, a word that implies you are entitled and she is holding out. it's damn hard to get turned on by someone who only wants to touch you if they're putting their dick in you.

whatever the fuck else is going on in your relationship, your attitude towards sex sucks.

If the sky falls, or the stars, you're all dead.

Get counseling together, or just leave

I think the only hope for you two is to go to marriage counseling, ideally with someone who also has experience with bipolar people.

It has to be a 2-way street, you both have to agree to make efforts and to be accountable - and I think seeing the counselor will make her more accountable, as shed be disappointing more than just you.

Or just end it. You can't be more clear to her than you already have.

Best of luck to you. I hope you find resolution soon.

And, importantly don't ask anything on the General Board! This is where the trolls live.

My point was, why should he be mad just because he can't post flame-shit in the Lounge, when he can still post whatever he wants in the GB?

No one really knows for sure what is going on his brain. Besides being obsessive and delusional.

I actually don't agree with your summary on this, amazingly because I usually do. I do agree that it seems both of their views toward sex suck, especially when he said several times that giving her affection disgusted him and made him feel like he, himself, was being violated. There's a whole hell of a lot wrong in that relationship but if his words are even close to the truth he's not feeling entitled but beat down by it all, especially since she gets mad if he masturbates but has been masturbating herself the whole time.

Back