I shaved my legs for this???

M

muddler35

Let’s hear your worst date stories.

I’ve never had a bad date, but I have been one. I took a young lady to lunch at a sports bar/restaurant. I sat facing the tv, rookie mistake, but there was a hockey game on so I felt pretty safe. I don’t keep up with hockey.

Some of you may remember this. It was the Avalanche vs The Red Wings. A huge fight broke out. Patrick Roi and Dominik Hasik were beating the hell out of each other at center ice. Pads, helmets, teeth, and random body parts were strewn everywhere. It was awesome!

My poor date was telling me her life’s story. I didn’t hear a fucken word. No eye contact on my part. No conversation. I was mesmerized by the hockey fight. Ugh. Sorry Gloria.

Epilogue: For whatever reason, she agreed to another date, and I did much better.

Your turn.

I don’t know that she did for that date. It just makes me smile and cringe imagining that “I shaved my legs for this??” was her thought when I walked her to her door.

Met this gal via a dating site. Pretty, intelligent (perhaps a bit too much).

So we go to an Italian restaurant, I order spaghetti and meatballs. When served, I proceeded to cut up my spaghetti with knife and fork. I then realized she was watching me do that. Then she chided me: "You are supposed to use the spoon and fork and twirl the spaghetti with the fork into the spoon, then eat it". Her look was of arrogance, letting me know I was an ignoramus, lacking in social graces.

That was the our last date...

(but I do use the fork and spoon these days...:rolleyes:)

So we go to an Italian restaurant, I order spaghetti and meatballs. When served, I proceeded to cut up my spaghetti with knife and fork. I then realized she was watching me do that. Then she chided me: "You are supposed to use the spoon and fork and twirl the spaghetti with the fork into the spoon, then eat it". Her look was of arrogance, letting me know I was an ignoramus, lacking in social graces.

My first wife tried to chastise me for the way I eat spaghetti...key word...first. Sorry...the sex wasn't good enough to put up with the petty bitching.

Eating spaghetti with a fork and knife would look very weird to me, but twirling it with a fork in a spoon is something that I've only seen kids do. You two should have ordered something simpler, like rigatoni or elbow macaroni.

The worse “date” I went on was when I told a man that would go to the movies with him as a friend and NOT as a date. Then he went around telling mutual friends that we went on a date. Oh my!

I've always cut it up before eating it. Hell of a lot less mess in my opinion.

There have been a few...
-She said "I'm not racist but..."
-It was a pleasant enough date but how she kissed me good-night could only be described as "OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!" (her tongue ended up in my nose)
-She decided we should play pool as a first date. She picked a super sketchy pool hall. She tells me she is in a league at this place. Took the game WAY too seriously. Got super angry that I wasn't taking it seriously. Got angrier when she 8-ball scratched the first game. Demanded a rematch. She lost again and refused to talk to me, and walked out.

Back