I’m so old I remember…

170px-ClassicTelephoneBooth.jpg

The phone book attached with pages missing from being used by so many people...

flip phone :)
Party lines! For you youngsters that isn't a party chat group it was a phone line which we shared with our neighbours! A different ring for each household!! Yes, SHARED land lines, cell phones weren't even a dream in those days! No personal phones lol, and no privacy at all!! One rotary dial phone on the wall beside the kitchen in the main hallway where anyone in the house could hear me. Got to be a problem when I was a teen and the neighbour girls were teens and I had to ask them to hang up so I could make an important phone call!! Of course they could listen in any time they wanted to as well!!

Arranging to meet friends a few days in advance at a place at a time.... then just showing up there ( except of course for the one friend who is always 10 mind late, despite everyone agreeing to tell them the meet up time is 30 mins before the rest of us)

They were a lot more durable but sound quality was poorer and you couldn't record over them. There were 4 "tracks"...each in stereo (making 8 total) and you could repeat a single track. So for example...I had to buy Led Zeppelin 2 three times before I went vinyl...from which I could record my cassettes

Edit...you could also put it once and never hit rewind...it just kept going to the next track. After 4...it started over automatically. So Bob Seger Live Bullet could be jammed to all night.
Memories

Back