I’m new here!

Bad_Kitty3000

Virgin
Hello!
I submitted my first story on the site on 9/8/23. It’s still in the pending folder. The story is short at about 6400 words.
Does anyone know when I should expect a reply on whether it was approved?
Thank you so much in advance!

You can try direct messaging Laurel through the forum with a request for checking on it. There's been a backlog lately, it seems, so a week is not uncommon, especially for a first story, according to what others here have said. Although it is getting to be slightly on the high end for something that short, I would think.

You can try direct messaging Laurel through the forum with a request for checking on it. There's been a backlog lately, it seems, so a week is not uncommon, especially for a first story, according to what others here have said. Although it is getting to be slightly on the high end for something that short, I would think.
Actually, I just realized I don’t know how to DM on here. Sorry…I’m very new 😆

Hello!
I submitted my first story on the site on 9/8/23. It’s still in the pending folder. The story is short at about 6400 words.
Does anyone know when I should expect a reply on whether it was approved?
Thank you so much in advance!
Hello Bad_Kitty3000,

👋👋👋

Em

Welcome.

If by "9/8/23" you mean 9 August, then that is a very long time and you should DM Laurel and ask.

If on the other hand, you mean 8 September, that's not actually all that long. New authors, as unknown qualities, always take longer. Moreover, Laurel will no doubt have been busy with the final details of the Summer Lovin' contest, which ended today. Contests generally slow everything down, too. I would give it a while yet. (Oh, if you have been going into the pending story and making changes, that will kick it down the the beginning of the queue each time.)

Good luck in any case.

That’s is very good to know thank you! Yes it was September 8th so I guess not that long. I didn’t realize about the contest but that makes sense. I have not gone in and changed anything because I did read on here not to do that! Thank you!

Welcome.

If by "9/8/23" you mean 9 August, then that is a very long time and you should DM Laurel and ask.

If on the other hand, you mean 8 September, that's not actually all that long. New authors, as unknown qualities, always take longer. Moreover, Laurel will no doubt have been busy with the final details of the Summer Lovin' contest, which ended today. Contests generally slow everything down, too. I would give it a while yet. (Oh, if you have been going into the pending story and making changes, that will kick it down the the beginning of the queue each time.)

Good luck in any case.
Two countries divided by an uncommon date format 😊.

Em

Back