How Do You Measure Literotica "Success?"

I feel some measure of success when at least one reader shows some sort of appreciation for my work. I'm not good enough to please the masses, but if I can please a few then I'm happy.

Measuring Success on Lit
Interesting subject. and it's interesting to see what each poster's take on it is. As a student of human nature, some of them are no surprise, others are. I guess it's my turn in the barrel.

I've been here long enough, and seen enough opinions expressed to know that for each of the metrics on my story page that could denote success, there are at least a few who will argue that one or the other or all of them mean nothing. That may be, in their world. And I can't argue that those metrics are valid to them. So I smile and nod and go on my way, believing what I want to believe about those numbers.

Am I a success in my own eyes here on Lit? With 48 stories here I'm not the most prolific of authors (or even close for that matter). I'm not on any best author lists nor have I ever won a contest. I have no accolades from the owners of the site, nor a huge following. So am I a success? I think so. I don't need to be the top of the heap to believe I am. All I need is to get better and have the readers enjoy my work. Not better than another author, just better than I was with my last story. I write to improve my work and for reader enjoyment. When I get an indication that the majority of those reading my work enjoy it, I consider that a huge success.

Comshaw

If I have a story in my head, and I manage to write it and publish it, that's enough success for me.

Positive feedback is nice too, but I write mostly to clear my head.

Oh, and I also like it if I can help other writers to create their stories or improve their writing.

Back