"How Do I Tell Them...?"

cubbyfire04

Literotica Guru
Alright all you bisexual/bicurious folks and friends of folks... Listen up!

I'm actually copying and pasting some of this this from my response to a HYWY thread in the fetish & sexuality forum.

I thought it would be interesting to discuss the age old question, "How do I bring up my bisexuality/curiosity to my wife/husband/GF/BF, etc...?"

Here's my take, and please share yours...

Don't.

Let the relationship run its course. Be committed to what you have, and not what you wish you could do with someone other than your partner. We all have fantasies, and I'm all for exploring them with a SO. But understand this question isn't about telling your wife you fantasize about sucking dick. It's about telling her she's not the only person you're interested in.

The last girl I dated - before I was openly bisexual, or even accepted I was, myself - wasn't interested in some kind of 3-some or arrangement that would constitute NOT cheating on her if I acted on my same-sex urges. Did I have same-sex desires? Wild ones. Did I tell her? Absolutely not. And not because I was worried about her shaming my sexuality. In fact, she was very open-minded, and would even indulge my ass play and submissive interests (and other kinks)... Eagerly, I might add. But being pegged or dominated by a woman is still sex WITH THAT WOMAN. She needn't know I would've loved for it to be a real flesh-and-blood cock.

It was because even though I have always been very attracted to men, I loved her. And I wanted her to know I wanted to be with HER. Sharing my attraction towards men with her might have only instilled fear that she wasn't good enough for me.

Finally...

If you find yourself courting another member of the opposite sex in the future, be honest (if you're ready) at the very beginning. Don't wait until they've been led to believe you're straight as an arrow and only want them. I've found if you let them know you are bisexual or bicurious or whatever as part of the get-to-know you stage, you'll run off less people than you think and may even find one willing to explore those paths with you.

Here's my take

Don't.

. . . this question isn't about telling your wife you fantasize about sucking dick. It's about telling her she's not the only person you're interested in.

Telling your SO that you crave body parts they don't have isn't easy.

I would add - be sure that you are more than just curious before confessing anything. Consuming lots of hot memes and fantasizing about it isn't the same as having the real thing in your mouth.

If you think you want to be pegged by your wife, then buy a toy and try it yourself, first. You may find out that it's a better fantasy than reality for you.

Telling your SO that you crave body parts they don't have isn't easy.

I would add - be sure that you are more than just curious before confessing anything. Consuming lots of hot memes and fantasizing about it isn't the same as having the real thing in your mouth.

If you think you want to be pegged by your wife, then buy a toy and try it yourself, first. You may find out that it's a better fantasy than reality for you.

Well said and I agree 100%

I brought it up with my wife early on when we were dating and we've been together 22 years now. She is as well. I couldn't imagine hiding that from the person I want to share everything with. If that was a deal breaker for the relationship, then we wouldn't be a right fit.

We do dabble in swinging and threesomes on very rare occasion, like once every other year on average when the stars align just right.

I'm actually copying and pasting some of this this from my response to a HYWY thread in the fetish & sexuality forum.

I thought it would be interesting to discuss the age old question, "How do I bring up my bisexuality/curiosity to my wife/husband/GF/BF, etc...?"

Don't.

Let the relationship run its course. Be committed to what you have, and not what you wish you could do with someone other than your partner. We all have fantasies, and I'm all for exploring them with a SO. But understand this question isn't about telling your wife you fantasize about sucking dick. It's about telling her she's not the only person you're interested in.

The last girl I dated - before I was openly bisexual, or even accepted I was, myself - wasn't interested in some kind of 3-some or arrangement that would constitute NOT cheating on her if I acted on my same-sex urges. Did I have same-sex desires? Wild ones. Did I tell her? Absolutely not. And not because I was worried about her shaming my sexuality. In fact, she was very open-minded, and would even indulge my ass play and submissive interests (and other kinks)... Eagerly, I might add. But being pegged or dominated by a woman is still sex WITH THAT WOMAN. She needn't know I would've loved for it to be a real flesh-and-blood cock.

It was because even though I have always been very attracted to men, I loved her. And I wanted her to know I wanted to be with HER. Sharing my attraction towards men with her might have only instilled fear that she wasn't good enough for me.

Finally...

If you find yourself courting another member of the opposite sex in the future, be honest (if you're ready) at the very beginning. Don't wait until they've been led to believe you're straight as an arrow and only want them. I've found if you let them know you are bisexual or bicurious or whatever as part of the get-to-know you stage, you'll run off less people than you think and may even find one willing to explore those paths with you.

I couldn't agree more. The time for "telling" is when you're early in a relationship, not after xx years together. I really enjoy my time on Lit in general and the Forums specifically and my fantasy life has grown by leaps and bounds, however, I would NEVER cheat on my wife. She gets 100% of my love. Everything here is just fantasy.

I brought it up with my wife early on when we were dating and we've been together 22 years now. She is as well. I couldn't imagine hiding that from the person I want to share everything with. If that was a deal breaker for the relationship, then we wouldn't be a right fit.

We do dabble in swinging and threesomes on very rare occasion, like once every other year on average when the stars align just right.

Totally agree, and I should mention that agreed upon engagement with others is very different and is a slippery slope for many couples. I was in an open marriage, and my wife knew I was bisexual from the day I met her. Certainly my past experience with the mentioned GF is what nudged me to just get it out there early.

I was still discovering myself. And after 8 months with a woman who was vehemently opposed to non-monogamy to begin with, there was no value in sharing this information with her. I was very happy with her. Head over heels in love, and it wasn't a deal breaker for me at the time. The breakup was unrelated... And a few same-sex encounters and even a semi-serious relationship afterwards with another man affirmed MY need to share that information with any potential partner in the future.

I told my wife that I'm bisexual after 30 years of marriage, during a very rocky period, fully expecting it to be the end of the relationship.

To my surprise she was very understanding and accepted it fully. I doubt that would be a common reaction, so yes with hindsight I would recommend discussing it quite early on in a relationship. Actually, I wish we had.

My situation was a bit different. I did not feel a sexual attraction to men until I had been married for many years. Eventually I knew I could not resist the attraction much longer. Before I actually met with a man I came out to my wife. I had no idea how she would react.

She said she had no idea I wanted gay sex. We started discussing our situation. Her first position was that she was glad I was honest about it, but wanted me to remain monogamous. For several months I did just that. Our discussions helped me understand my newly evolved sexuality. While my desire for sex with a man was strong, I had no romantic interest. I was still in love with my wife and still wanted sex with her.

One morning she told me I should met with a man and be sure I really wanted gay sex. If I did we could could see if we couldi ft my homosexual desires into our marriage. I had my first gay sex about a month later.

I was indeed bisexual, but it was a purely a physical thing. There was no emotional attraction. My openness encouraged my wife to be open about her sexual needs. As a result our martial sex improved. We were more emotionally connected. We learned a lot about each other and liked what we learned.

I shared my interests/experiences with my wife somewhere around our fourth or fifth date. About the same time she divulged information about her grandfather. Sharing openly strengthened our relationship. We’ve been together for 56 years…so far.

We don’t talk about her grandfather, but we do pillow talk about some of my adventures with other men. She finds the topic “interesting”…lol. Lucky me.

Don't.

Finally...

I couldn't agree more. I'm a gay male, and I typically don't date bi-men. Not because I feel there is anything wrong with being Bi, but because I'll never feel like I am enough. I imagine it must be painful to be in a committed relationship with someone, while you crave the one thing they don't have. I've met many Bi men who insist they love their partner, but stray to satisfy that itch.

It hurts when you learn your significant other has done that to you. That they were worth 100% commitment from you, but you were worth 50% at best. It would be one thing if I were made aware in the beginning, so I could choose to take that risk, but as far as I'm concernd, when a commitment is made, it must be reasonably honored. Otherwise, you cheat someone who is genuinely committed to you, and become unworthy of that commitment.

I couldn't agree more. I'm a gay male, and I typically don't date bi-men. Not because I feel there is anything wrong with being Bi, but because I'll never feel like I am enough. I imagine it must be painful to be in a committed relationship with someone, while you crave the one thing they don't have. I've met many Bi men who insist they love their partner, but stray to satisfy that itch.

It hurts when you learn your significant other has done that to you. That they were worth 100% commitment from you, but you were worth 50% at best. It would be one thing if I were made aware in the beginning, so I could choose to take that risk, but as far as I'm concernd, when a commitment is made, it must be reasonably honored. Otherwise, you cheat someone who is genuinely committed to you, and become unworthy of that commitment.
Well said. Unfortunately, it is this very scenario that gives bisexuality a (at the very least) questionable stigma amongst the gay community. What many closeted bi/"bicurious" people fail to understand - (quotes because I struggle wrapping my head around that term) - is that hidden same-sex attractions aren't likely to be the most painful ideas for a partner who's been cheated on to understand. Sure, that adds confusion and fuel to the fire, but same-sex encounters aren't a loophole to bypass commitment. The act of betraying love, affection, body, and mind are what breaks a person. Not whether the body part they had in their mouth was attached to a man or woman.

why do you even half too? What is the purpose? what does it serve? Are you trying to play some victim's card? When you've lied to your wife from the is beginning. Do you plan on a Glory Hole in your basement, so when your friends or friend cum over, all the husbands will know where you are? And who the fuck cares really what your friends think you do When you're alone.
So, when you cum out to your wife and she ignites. You better understand she is the true victim, not YOU!! Truly, she is the victim. Unless you're plan on risky gay sex. The only advantage is protecting your wife. Most likely she won't have sex with you after you tell her. So, her risk may be minimal. I just don't see the advantage. What I see is selfishness.
Look guys I get it; you see all this media attention poured out to the "alphabet people', especially the pronoun and people who think their asshole is a pussy. Heck even kids know how to game the systems for attention.

my Cumming out to family and friends Advice.
Invite all your friends and family over next weekend...just as everyone is seated for dinner.... Stand up and announce you're a sissy cocksucker. seriously, if you are so starved for attention. Fuck up everyone's evening. Pay close attention to your wife's reaction.

Cumming out to your wife (alone):
First and foremost, remember she is the victim not you. Tell her you've had same sex attraction, NOT emotional attraction, m/m sex attraction. Tell her this has been on and off for a long time. Now you'll have to fill in the blanks regarding your attraction to her and sex with her.... because she will have a lot of questions, and you better answer them openly and honestly. Trust me, one of her first questions will be" Are you "gay"

If you'd like to PM me and chat this up and learn more about me and my personal experience with this... Please shoot me a message. There are a LOT of Pop-psychologist, Huff post; key board sexologist and CNN activist that will lead you down the wrong path

Don't.

Finally...

If you find yourself courting another member of the opposite sex in the future, be honest (if you're ready) at the very beginning. Don't wait until they've been led to believe you're straight as an arrow and only want them. I've found if you let them know you are bisexual or bicurious or whatever as part of the get-to-know you stage, you'll run off less people than you think and may even find one willing to explore those paths with

Don't.

Finally...

I wish I'd been open about my Bisexual needs and experience when I first met my now wife, years ago. I think she would have accepted and understood my needs. After all, she has a number of gay friends, and she suspects I have a Bi leaning/experience. In a perfect world I could have enjoyed cock as I needed, and maintain my relationship with her. Maybe I could have encouraged her to explore lez sex, or 3 ways with me and someone else. I wish I could encourage her to explore her inner slut, as I have explored my inner gay. I know how much she enjoys cock, like I do. But instead we have a boring straight infrequent sex life, and I feel frustrated.

Last edited:
why do you even half too? What is the purpose? what does it serve? Are you trying to play some victim's card? When you've lied to your wife from the is beginning. Do you plan on a Glory Hole in your basement, so when your friends or friend cum over, all the husbands will know where you are? And who the fuck cares really what your friends think you do When you're alone.
So, when you cum out to your wife and she ignites. You better understand she is the true victim, not YOU!! Truly, she is the victim. Unless you're plan on risky gay sex. The only advantage is protecting your wife. Most likely she won't have sex with you after you tell her. So, her risk may be minimal. I just don't see the advantage. What I see is selfishness.
Look guys I get it; you see all this media attention poured out to the "alphabet people', especially the pronoun and people who think their asshole is a pussy. Heck even kids know how to game the systems for attention.

my Cumming out to family and friends Advice.
Invite all your friends and family over next weekend...just as everyone is seated for dinner.... Stand up and announce you're a sissy cocksucker. seriously, if you are so starved for attention. Fuck up everyone's evening. Pay close attention to your wife's reaction.

Cumming out to your wife (alone):
First and foremost, remember she is the victim not you. Tell her you've had same sex attraction, NOT emotional attraction, m/m sex attraction. Tell her this has been on and off for a long time. Now you'll have to fill in the blanks regarding your attraction to her and sex with her.... because she will have a lot of questions, and you better answer them openly and honestly. Trust me, one of her first questions will be" Are you "gay"

If you'd like to PM me and chat this up and learn more about me and my personal experience with this... Please shoot me a message. There are a LOT of Pop-psychologist, Huff post; key board sexologist and CNN activist that will lead you down the wrong path
There's a lot more to my story ,but I regret telling my wife I wanted to explore man sex a few years ago. Should have kept my mouth shut..

This is a sad truth. :(

I’m polyamorous but in a monogamous relationship… sounds absurd saying it, but I have great attraction to people of all sexes, particularly those who are in-between.

I was in a state of denial about not being straight when I met my wife. Now that I’ve got a better understanding of myself I realize that I have itches that my partner can’t scratch. I often feel disappointed - much like the feeling of constant foreplay when I’m aching to go all the way.

Oh well. Who says you have to get everything you want?

As much as we indulge our fantasies out here, this great real talk.
I told my wife a bit while dating fairly quickly, and eventually everything came out.

She desired monogamy and I was fine with it but unsure if my cock craving would be over powering.
We did some role play as an outlet for me with a dildo and it was awesome.
Loved sharing it with her and finding a way to feed my fetish without cheating or even wanting to.

Yet it hasn't continued as she admitted it did nothing for her, which caused me to pull back a bit.
Has left me back dealing with it alone in fantasy and feeling more tempted than I hoped.

So even if you are upfront and open, it can still get very frustrating and confusing.

Everyone deserves to be known and to be accepted for who and for what they truly are, particularly by those closest to them. The fact that I'm a cocksucker represents a significant part of both who and what I am. I doubt that my wife will ever give me permission to go out and suck cock, so I will always have to do that on the down low behind her back. But I do need her to be aware of my lifelong oral obsession and that I have, in the past, given blowjobs many times to many men. I want to explain to her the reasons why I love sucking cock and being a cocksucker. That I love the slutty way that being a cocksucker makes me feel. It's important that she should understand the essential nature of the person with whom she has chosen to spend her life.

Last edited:

Don't.

Finally...

I just told my (now ex) wife about my same sex fantasies one night during sex, married 19 years at that point. She seemed to like them. Later she threw them back in my face in a bad way. My fantasies isnt why we got divorced, but thery may have played a small part. BTW -- I never cheated in any way with females or males and I did have opportunities with both. I would not cheat in marriage or in a committed relationship.

There's a lot more to my story ,but I regret telling my wife I wanted to explore man sex a few years ago. Should have kept my mouth shut..
I regret telling mine as well, when we were married. I dont think that is why we got divorced. She was mad about a lot of things. We could have work things out. Except for my house, I lost everything.

This is a very interesting thread. Very informative and for those affected, you have my sympathy.
It is terrific to have a forum to talk about such things without judgment and prejudice. I gain a new appreciation for this site every day.

This is going back a few years when I was on vacation with second wife.

We were a bit tipsy back in our room, having great sex in bed.
Probably because of a couple of hot babes at the bar that we had been talking to, she told me about a tryst with a neighborhood woman before I knew her.
I thought what the hell and told her about all the bi sex I had with first wife and my BFF.
Fast forward a few months and same BFF was fucking her and we were sucking each other’s cocks.
It’s not all bad if you let it out.

I told my wife about my Crossdressing about 5 months into our relationship, this was back in 1997 and I had always heard that CD's can never have a normal marriage. She was a little shocked at first but was really understanding about the whole thing.

Telling her I was bi was a whole different bag of worms for me. She could accept that I was a CD but being BI as well seemed like it would be a little too much to tell her and that would be the straw that broke the camel's back. It did eventually come out and that was over 20 years ago now.

Don't.

Finally...

Sound advice. I wish that I knew that before telling my wife several years ago. Its taken a long time for any trust to be regained and our sex life has stopped, initially because of my confession, before age and medical complications added to the situation. I only realised properly that I was bisexual several years into our marriage and fought internally with my feelings. I finally admitted my attraction to men during a spell of pillow talk, listing it as a fantasy. This caused no end of upset and distress to her, and to the quality of our relationship. I should have kept my mouth shut in hindsight.

Back