Hormone replacement therapy, taste, and oral sex

RedSilk69

Really Experienced
Does anyone have, shall we say, feedback on how different hormone replacement therapies affect a vagina owner’s taste?

I am using the Estring (estradiol), which is a hormone-impregnated ring you put in your vagina, and that lasts three months. While it is very useful - I love not having to remember, like I do with a cream - it also seems to give me a sour taste and slightly off smell. The reason I am on HRT in the first place is to keep sex from being painful, but I hate its effects on oral sex.

Are there any other ideas on what I can do to make sure my taste is as good as possible? Hygiene is a given, and I know hydration and eating pineapple can help, but are there other things in a diet that can help? That can make things worse?

Thank you!

Anything really pungent, like garlic, onion, and strong spices like tumeric, will come out in your sweat and alter how you taste. The reason drinking a lot of water helps bring a more neutral taste/smell is because it dillutes whatever you've been eating.

Pineapple is good, so is any citrus. In general, fresh fruit and vegetables (especially those with a high water content like watermelon and cucumber) will lend a 'cleaner' taste and smell. Regular exercise helps, too.

Good luck, I've struggled with this personally and it sucks.

Anything really pungent, like garlic, onion, and strong spices like tumeric, will come out in your sweat and alter how you taste. The reason drinking a lot of water helps bring a more neutral taste/smell is because it dillutes whatever you've been eating.

Pineapple is good, so is any citrus. In general, fresh fruit and vegetables (especially those with a high water content like watermelon and cucumber) will lend a 'cleaner' taste and smell. Regular exercise helps, too.

Good luck, I've struggled with this personally and it sucks.
Thank you!

I am on HRT, but use the subdermal pellets instead.

They cost a little more, and the benefits have been amazing.

I am enjoying sex better than I did when I was 35. I am 58 now.
No pain, very wet, multiple orgasms, and squirting with a sweet taste.

I don't know about the ring, but this may be an option.

Back