Homosexuality

The difference is Shakespeare doesn't threaten you with eternal damnation if you don't worship him and do exactly what he says.

Actually, the message is simply one of sincere acceptance and, thus, eternal salvation...

...God knows (like we never will) that we're humanly incapable of truly worshiping Him above all else and obeying His every command. But He still loves us as His children. That's why He offers Himself, in the form of His human Son, as the sacrifice for what we are (and will always be as humans) unable to do ourselves.

When we accept Christ as our Savior, it doesn't make our human hearts instantly start worshiping God or obeying him...

...but, as He promises, the instant we do accept Him, His Spirit then abides within us, and it is His Spirit within that begins changing our hearts toward wanting to worship and obey him more and more.

The "eternal damnation" you cite isn't a "threat" anymore than a parent stating to their child what factually looms ahead if they insist on continuing going their own way with, say, their deadly heroin addiction.

God created us to walk with him as One in love - this is called "heaven".

God also created us with our own will of free choice...

...because, just as the love He has for us is unconditional, He requires our love for Him to be freely given, too.

So we all have the same simple choice: do we truly need that love of God within our lives, the very lives God says he created simply to have loving communion with...

...or do we choose not to believe such a fairy tale, opting for walking our own way, in spite of what He says is a path of death to us: the "eternal damnation" of being spirituality separated from Him by our own free will?

/eyer Gospel Hour...
'
'

Last edited:
Actually, the message is simply one of sincere acceptance and, thus, eternal salvation...

...God knows (like we never will) that we're humanly incapable of truly worshiping Him above all else and obeying His every command. But He still loves us as His children. That's why He offers Himself, in the form of His human Son, as the sacrifice for what we are (and will always be as humans) unable to do ourselves.

When we accept Christ as our Savior, it doesn't make our human hearts instantly start worshiping God or obeying him...

...but, as He promises, the instant we do accept Him, His Spirit then abides within us, and it is His Spirit within that begins changing our hearts toward wanting to worship and obey him more and more.

The "eternal damnation" you cite isn't a "threat" anymore than a parent stating to their child what factually looms ahead if they insist on continuing going their own way with, say, their deadly heroin addiction.

God created us to walk with him as One in love - this is called "heaven".

God also created us with our own will of free choice...

...because, just as the love He has for us is unconditional, He requires our love for Him to be freely given, too.

So we all have the same simple choice: do we truly need that love of God within our lives, the very lives God says he created simply to have loving communion with...

...or do we choose not to believe such a fairy tale, opting for walking our own way, in spite of what He says is a path of death to us: the "eternal damnation" of being spirituality separated from Him by our own free will?

/eyer Gospel Hour...
'
'

if God's love is so unconditional why does God not show that same unconditional love for gay people

if God is love, why does God call people abominations

God created them in his own image, and God to the best of my knowledge doesnt make mistakes

so either God is petty and judgemental and hates his own creations.. or God loves them every bit as much and doesnt give a shit what they do with thier lives

These threads are a bit funny and sad at the same time. So many people become theologians during these threads and though I am no expert myself I can say that most of you only know enough to make fools of yourselves.

Carry on. At least it is entertaining.

if God's love is so unconditional why does God not show that same unconditional love for gay people

If you know the Son, you know the Father...

The love of God is the same for gay people as it is for the adulteress and as it is for all the rest of us sinners...

if God is love, why does God call people abominations

Call doesn't call "people abominations"; abominations are acts or characteristics which are repugnant to, thus forbidden by God. A man isn't an abomination to God, it's the homosexual act, the adultery, the love of money more than God, etc, etc, etc, that are abominations in the eyes of the Lord.

God loves every one of us sinners, His children...

...just as much as He hates every single sin.

God created them in his own image, and God to the best of my knowledge doesnt make mistakes

You understand when you take a picture, you are creating an image of something that isn't the exact something itself, right?

When you create an image of the leaning tower of Pisa, what you hold in your hand is a totally different piece than the tower itself.

The something is the original and the original is the "perfect" standard for anything that may follow after it...

...an image of the original is simply that - a copy - and naturally can contain none of the "original", the "perfect" itself, except its image.

You are correct: God is perfect and he does not make, or "create", mistakes...

...but as mere images, we do not possess the perfectness of God.

So God tells us what His perfectness is, knowing all along we humans cannot accomplish that perfectness without His "help", and all the time His arms wide-open to the hearts that long for His perfection, but realize they're lost to it without Him.

Some will submit to that reality, that the love they crave can only be reached by the perfection of God...

...others will deny Him, thinking they are creators and not simply images, masters of their own "image" of destiny, finders of their own "image" of love.

It is written that only God knows our hearts...

...and where our hearts are in direction to Him is what He cares for most, no matter what abominations we may have committed.

A person who understands this and continues to willingly, and without repentance, commit abominations unto to the Lord, demonstrates plainly his heart is not where God created it to be.

Which is the most basic abomination...

so either God is petty and judgemental and hates his own creations.. or God loves them every bit as much and doesnt give a shit what they do with thier lives

Or...

...or...

...or...

...or...

...or...

...or...

...He doesn't exist.

That's always a good one, too...

If bananas are proof of intelligent design and thus, creation by God, then so is anal sex. It fits so well, it must have been designed with that in mind.

These threads are a bit funny and sad at the same time. So many people become theologians during these threads and though I am no expert myself I can say that most of you only know enough to make fools of yourselves.

Carry on. At least it is entertaining.

Don't worry, no one has ever mistaken you for an expert.

I remember when RoryN and I had a similar discussion. I think people should be able to make their own choices and he thinks that everyone should be gay.

If bananas are proof of intelligent design and thus, creation by God, then so is anal sex. It fits so well, it must have been designed with that in mind.

Nope, not by design. There is no natural lube in the anus. That's why people use Vaseline or some other lube.

I remember when RoryN and I had a similar discussion. I think people should be able to make their own choices and he thinks that everyone should be gay.

*waves* Hi Cade. Great to hear you chime in on a thread about homosexuality.

I am gonna vomit!!!!!!

That can be used too, but usually when you're really wasted.

imagesCAM0M2P4.jpg

Rock on buttsecks!

What's particularly absurd about these perverts obsession with religion is that they don't say that the only reason that stealing and murder are considered wrong is "because of religion." Arguments against same-sex behavior HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION. Many traditional religions condemn same-sex behavior just as they condemn all sorts of other things but even if they had nothing to say about such things it would have no bearing on whether homosexuality is wrong or not, just as if they said nothing on stealing or murder would it mean those things are ok or not ok. Religion's got nothing to do with the question one way or the other.

When I first started hearing the homosexuals obsessing over religion as the "only reason people oppose our lifestyle" I was confused as atheist philosophies like Communism were some of the strongest opponents of this bourgoise lifestyle choice. Then, I started to realize its just a political strategy. Transfer the majority's distain for homosexuality onto a distain for religion. They think that people need to "hate something" and therefore they can play on the hatred than many have for religion to transfer the [alledged] distain for homosexuality. Yet, its not a question of hatred in the first place. I used to think it was wierd since I didn't know many people who were against homosexuality because of religion.

So what are the non-religious arguments against homosexuality? I've yet to hear one, other than it's "unnatural" which to me is just another way of saying "I think it's icky." And yes I am generalizing here, but I think that is what the religious argument boils down to as well, "I think it's icky" but religous people can back it up with "and God thinks so too." And my response to the is, well if you think it's icky, or unnatural or immoral or whatever, than don't do it. But why do you care so much if I do? How does it affect you in any way, shape, or form? Even if we allowed gay marriage, how does that affect you at all? It doesn't cost you a cent, it's not like your taxes are gonna go up. I've heard the agrument, well I just don't want to see it or want my kids to see it, but what is it that you are actually seeing? You aren't seeing a gay couple have sex, but by allowing them to marrying you are acknowledging that they do, which you think is icky. Trust me, I've seen plenty of straight couples I find really unappealing, and the thought of them having sex is way icky to me. But you know what I do? I just don't think about them having sex.

And the argument that homosexuality is just wrong, the same way that stealing or murder are just wrong, with or without a religious context, is absurd at best. Stealing and murder are crimes against an innocent victim, whereas homosexuality is behavior between consenting individuals. Talk about apples and oranges. So is there something more than, "I can't tell you why it's wrong I just know it is"?

Oh yeah, let's not forget the "well if everyone was gay, that would be the end of human race" argument. Because the fact is, everyone is not gay, everyone won't ever be gay, even if the world decided one day that homosexuality was perfectly fine, so that argument is also without merit.

As for the Communist opposition to homosexuality, there is a huge difference between Communism as a theory and Communism as a practice, which is generally totalitarian. Following the 1917 Russion Revolution, Vladimir Lenin actually repealed laws against homosexuality in the newly formed USSR. It wasn't until Joseph Stalin came to power that it was made illegal again. So is that Communism being against homosexuality, or Stalin trying to exert more control in a basically totalitarian state? The arguments agsinst homosexuality in other communist countries, Cuba, China, East Germany, had more to do with the view of homosexuality as a remanant of bourgeois or upper class values, and was seen as non-conformist, at a time when these governments needed conformity in order to bolster and maintain power. Communist arguments against homosexuality seem to have more to do with controlling personal behavior than anything else. And while that is obviously not a religous argument against homosexuality, it is certainly not a legitimate argument against it.

Back