Homosexuality

Beco

I'm Not Your Guru
HOMOSEXUALITY
May 27, 2011

Many humans have been told that What God Wants is for sex to be experienced between a male and a female only, and for same-gender sexual interaction to be considered an abomination.

One result of this teaching: Humans for whom same-gender sexual attraction feels most natural have been denounced, vilified, condemned, ostracized, isolated, assaulted, and killed by people who believe they are doing God’s will.

The sad account of the killing of Matthew Shepard in Laramie, Wyoming offers us a now-famous case in point. Shepard, an openly gay freshman at the University of Wyoming, was dragged out of a bar in Laramie by two young men, driven to a deserted road outside of town, tied to a cow fence and beaten so severely that he lapsed into a coma and died five days later.

His youthful assailants were apprehended and sentenced to life in prison, but the Reverend Fred Phelps, pastor of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas was not inclined to let the matter rest there. Every year for the five years following Matthew’s brutal beating and death this Christian minister has traveled to Laramie, as well as to Casper, Wyoming, Matthew’s birth place, to “celebrate” his death. And, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times by reporter David Kelly, on October 12, 2003 Reverend Phelps brought with him to Casper a granite monument engraved with Matthew’s face, followed by these words chiseled in stone:

“Matthew Shepard Entered Hell October 12, 1998 at age 21 In Defiance of God’s Warning: ‘Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind; it is abomination.’ Leviticus 18:32.”

It was the Reverend Phelps who also attended Matthew Shepard’s funeral and, as the young man’s parents, family, and friends stood in mourning, screamed: “God hates fags!”

With this level of clarity as to the Divine Intention and Desire, entire countries have been forced under power of governmental authority and rule of law to obey God’s Will in this matter. In some nations the civil penalty for homosexuality is death—burial under a 12-foot concrete wall. In many places civil law has been created making gay marriage illegal. In the United States the president in 2004 personally campaigned to have his understanding of God’s desires regarding prohibition of gay marriage written into his country’s Constitution.

While certain sexual feelings may be very natural to the persons feeling them, they are not What God Wants, many people say, and are therefore, by definition, “unnatural.” A report on October 20, 2003 by Chris Zdeb of CanWest News Service in the Calgary Herald in Edmonton, Canada points to the possibility that the exact opposite may be true.

“Scientists have discovered 54 genes that suggest sexual identity is hard-wired into the brain before birth, and before development of the sex organs,” the journalist reports, and goes on to say:

“The findings released today by a team of University of California, Los Angeles, researchers could mean that sexuality, including homosexuality and transgender sexuality, are not a choice.”

Nevertheless, the clergy of many of the world’s largest religious denominations continue to assert that God condemns such sexual experiences.

Reporter Rachel Zoll of the Associated Press reported on October 7, 2004 that the most influential Anglican leader in Africa—home to nearly half the world’s Anglicans—said that the U.S. Episcopal Church has created a “new religion” by confirming a gay bishop in New Hampshire, breaking the bonds between the denominations with roots in the Church of England.

Archbishop Peter Akinola of Nigeria also said in an exclusive AP interview with Zoll that he views the head of the Episcopal Church as an advocate for gays and lesbians and no longer trusts him. His comments come less than two weeks before an international panel was scheduled to release a critical report on whether the global Anglican Communion can bridge its divide over homosexuality. The Episcopal Church is the U.S. branch of Anglicanism; Akinola leads the Anglican Church of Nigeria.

“The Communion is shattered. It is broken,” Akinola said. “The commonality that bound us together is no longer true.” (More separation in the name of God.)

Zoll’s report says that Akinola insisted he did not hate gays, despite his fiery comments in the past protesting the growing acceptance of homosexuality. He once called the trend a “satanic attack” on the church. But he said he could not accept attempts to “superimpose” modern culture on Scripture by ignoring what he said were Biblical injunctions against gay sex.

“I didn’t write the Bible. It’s part of our Christian heritage. It tells us what to do,” Akinola said. “If the word of God says homosexuality is an abomination, then so be it.”

The Zoll story goes on to say that those who support ordaining gays contend Scripture does not ban same-sex relationships, and that there was no understanding in biblical times that homosexuality was, as science is now proving, a natural orientation, not a choice.

Nevertheless, for many of the world’s people the afterlife consequence of engaging in such unnatural activities is understood to be everlasting damnation and torture in the fires of hell.

This is, those people believe, What God Wants.

Fucking Africans, after centuries of subjugation, they're so quick to put back on the yoke of oppression.

Not really a big surprise.
While Paul re-iterated that homosexuality was an abomination, Joshua (Jesus) said nothing about it. His only commandment was love your neighbor.

People got all kinds of appetites, ya know. Just cuz you got a hankerin to lie, steal, murder, stay home from work, or fuck the dog, dont mean ya oughta do it.

People got all kinds of appetites, ya know. Just cuz you got a hankerin to lie, steal, murder, stay home from work, or fuck the dog, dont mean ya oughta do it.

Why do the Conservatives always (invariably) jump to "Fuck the Dog" in any thread dealing with any kind of sexuality other than missionary in the dark?

Guilt must be a horrible onus to carry.

Why do the Conservatives always (invariably) jump to "Fuck the Dog" in any thread dealing with any kind of sexuality other than missionary in the dark?

Guilt must be a horrible onus to carry.

Speaking for me, I got lotsa appetites I dont satiate. I'd like to be a serial killer, and think about it a lot, but its not a good thing to do. Its better if folks think I'm docile and friendly and gelded.

ok, you are referring to those influenced by middle eastern religions and philosophies. people far to concerned about what people do. judgemental, and hypocritical and need to be nuked off the planet for the major trouble they cause

What's particularly absurd about these perverts obsession with religion is that they don't say that the only reason that stealing and murder are considered wrong is "because of religion." Arguments against same-sex behavior HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION. Many traditional religions condemn same-sex behavior just as they condemn all sorts of other things but even if they had nothing to say about such things it would have no bearing on whether homosexuality is wrong or not, just as if they said nothing on stealing or murder would it mean those things are ok or not ok. Religion's got nothing to do with the question one way or the other.

When I first started hearing the homosexuals obsessing over religion as the "only reason people oppose our lifestyle" I was confused as atheist philosophies like Communism were some of the strongest opponents of this bourgoise lifestyle choice. Then, I started to realize its just a political strategy. Transfer the majority's distain for homosexuality onto a distain for religion. They think that people need to "hate something" and therefore they can play on the hatred than many have for religion to transfer the [alledged] distain for homosexuality. Yet, its not a question of hatred in the first place. I used to think it was wierd since I didn't know many people who were against homosexuality because of religion.

What's particularly absurd about these perverts obsession with religion is that they don't say that the only reason that stealing and murder are considered wrong is "because of religion." Arguments against same-sex behavior HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION. Many traditional religions condemn same-sex behavior just as they condemn all sorts of other things but even if they had nothing to say about such things it would have no bearing on whether homosexuality is wrong or not, just as if they said nothing on stealing or murder would it mean those things are ok or not ok. Religion's got nothing to do with the question one way or the other.

When I first started hearing the homosexuals obsessing over religion as the "only reason people oppose our lifestyle" I was confused as atheist philosophies like Communism were some of the strongest opponents of this bourgoise lifestyle choice. Then, I started to realize its just a political strategy. Transfer the majority's distain for homosexuality onto a distain for religion. They think that people need to "hate something" and therefore they can play on the hatred than many have for religion to transfer the [alledged] distain for homosexuality. Yet, its not a question of hatred in the first place. I used to think it was wierd since I didn't know many people who were against homosexuality because of religion.

god_hates_fags_12-25-20021.jpg

I'm pretty sure that funny gal Kathy Griffin featured the Matthew Shepard story on her reality show.

If he was the same poor soul, then yeah, she went balls to the wall to support and remember him and also to teach others TO NOT DO THAT TO ANOTHER.

The 1998 date is what throws me off, though. Or maybe I'm getting it confused with the brutality that actor Mark Wahlberg dealt with as Dirk Diggler when his character was in a truck and told to jerk it and then the gay homophobe and his posse kicked his ass for doing just that afterward.

"Yeah, work your meat, oh yeah, that's hot. But know what, I'm supposedly straight so now me and my boys are gonna rough you up."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Hmm, but it's not a political strategy. Or misspeeled wierd science. But I like your passion about this all.

The Pope gets to fuck boys all the time. C'mon, why bring religion into this?

What happened to "Love thy Neighbor"? and "Treat those as you would want to be treated"?

I have a gay family member and have worked for 2 gay men, they are some of the best people I know.

What happened to "Love thy Neighbor"? and "Treat those as you would want to be treated"?

I have a gay family member and have worked for 2 gay men, they are some of the best people I know.

Same thing that happened to Americans, they are extinct.

The Bible also supports slavery and treating women and children like chattel. I understand the need for religion and the love of God, but seriously, that book needs some revising for the 21st century.

The Bible also supports slavery and treating women and children like chattel. I understand the need for religion and the love of God, but seriously, that book needs some revising for the 21st century.

That's what the New Testament, the Good News is...

Youre right, of course.

What gets lost in the whooping is this: Every society organizes itself around the preferences of the polity REGARDLESS of what minority cohorts want. For example the VA recently beat up on a preacher who plans to speak to a Veterans group at a National Cemetery on Memorial Day.

The VA demanded to review and censor the speaker's speech, then insisted that the speaker remove all references to Jesus from the text. The speaker went to court, and the court reminded the VA that the government cannot censor speech, even in a public place. Jews are pissed off about it, but so what? I imagine atheists and Muslims et al are pissed, too. The government isnt giving the speech, a Bible thumper is.

Back