Hillary Clinton’s Russian Helpers

BabyBoomer50s

Pen Pal
No, Hillary isn’t going to jail LoL. But this WSJ piece is still an amusing and ironic summary of how the infamous Russia Collusion Hoax that Democratic partisans and their media allies peddled relentlessly for four years blew up in their faces. 😂 Enjoy…
——————————-

Hillary Clinton’s Russian Helpers
Durham uncovers evidence of Moscow’s attempts to influence the Steele dossier.

Special counsel John Durham’s indictments have turned any number of narratives on their heads, including the question of which 2016 presidential campaign was in bed with Russians. It wasn’t Donald Trump’s .

For five years, that’s been the story line. The original claim was that Russians had “cultivated” Mr. Trump as an asset and held blackmail evidence over his head. When those over-the-top accusations fell apart, Democrats shifted to arguing that Mr. Trump and his associates had secretly colluded with the Kremlin to win the election. The press strove mightily to unearth nefarious Trump campaign contacts with Russians, though it came up with little of substance.
Contrast this to the many Russians routinely interacting with Hillary Clinton campaign contractors and surrogates, as documented by Mr. Durham’s latest indictment. Only one of them is the defendant, Igor Danchenko, the Russian national who turns out to have been the primary source for the Steele dossier, and whom Mr. Durham now charges with lying to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Think on that: The Clinton campaign ultimately paid a Russian to gin up the core allegations against Mr. Trump. The means by which that money flowed are convoluted, though the indictment makes the connections. It notes the Clinton campaign paid its law firm, which paid the opposition-research firm Fusion GPS, which paid Christopher Steele, who “retained Danchenko as a contractor.” Whether or not Mrs. Clinton was aware of any of this, there is no question her campaign got a Russian assist.

Mr. Danchenko, meanwhile, got a lot of his information from other Russians, including a Russian “sub-source” who the indictment notes was a supporter of Mrs. Clinton. This subsource at one point asks a Clinton surrogate to “[T]ell her please she [Clinton] has a big fan in [Country-1]” (bracketed text in original), and in an email to a Russian associate lays out her hopes for a job in a Clinton administration State Department. Again, more Russians providing information that fueled an FBI investigation of Mrs. Clinton’s opponent.

Mr. Danchenko also obtained dossier dirt from a Clinton surrogate, public-relations executive Charles Dolan. The indictment delves into Mr. Dolan’s own deep and extensive ties with the Russian government. It notes he “spent much of his career” with a focus on Russia. That included helping handle from 2006 to 2014 “global public relations for the Russian government.”

The indictment also lays out Mr. Dolan’s frequent interaction with senior Russians in the lead-up to the 2016 election. As part of a planned October conference in Moscow, Mr. Dolan “attended at least three meetings at the Russian Embassy in Washington, D.C., and communicated with Russian Embassy staff, including Russian Ambassador-1 and Russian-Diplomat-1.” He also communicated with the press secretary and deputy press secretary in the Kremlin.

The indictment even includes Mr. Dolan’s suspicions about Mr. Danchenko’s background. In a June 2016 email to an acquaintance he writes: “He is too young for KGB. But I think he worked for FSB”—the KGB’s postcommunist successor. “Since he told me he spent two years in Iran. And when I first met him he knew more about me than I did. [winking emoticon].”

Despite these suspicions, Mr. Dolan worked with Mr. Danchenko and both attended that October conference, which “featured several Russian government officials,” including from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The indictment notes “participants also attended meetings in the Kremlin.” This indictment revelation is pointedly followed by the following: “According to PR Executive-1”—Mr. Dolan—“individuals affiliated with the Clinton Campaign did not direct, and were not aware of” his meetings with Russian nationals.

Maybe not, but the indictment clearly spells out the danger of two people engaged with the dossier being so mixed up with senior Russians. It accuses Mr. Danchenko of lying to the FBI when he claimed that he’d never told any of his friends, associates or subsources that he was working for Mr. Steele. It includes evidence showing Mr. Danchenko had informed Mr. Dolan, his subsource and “acquaintances based in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Russia.”

This matters, the indictment says, because the revelation of his work could “affect the likelihood that other individuals—including hostile foreign intelligence services—would learn of and attempt to influence” the dossier. In other words, the indictment lays out the possibility that Russians were aware of the dossier and using it to sow disinformation.

Mr. Danchenko pleaded not guilty this week, and his lawyer, Mark Schamel, issued a statement calling the indictment “a false narrative designed to humiliate and slander a renowned expert in business intelligence.” In response to a Veterans Day email seeking further comment, Mr. Schamel wrote: “In trial.” An attorney for Mr. Dolan didn’t respond to a request for comment.

We can’t know what the Kremlin’s goal was in 2016, or how much it accomplished. But the Danchenko indictment is making clear that this is a far more complex narrative than simply “Putin helped Trump.” Mrs. Clinton’s campaign carries its own Russian baggage.

But will JFK Jr be there?

(Also if you're going to be tacky enough to c/p the entire WSJ op ed you should at least link to it.)

Last edited:
Kudos to the Washington Post for correcting and removing the fake news they published about this in 2017 and 2019. Good first step!

Nobody is going to be prosecuted in connection with the Steele dossier.

Lol. You’re behind with news. FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith, DNC and Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussman, and Clinton dossier source, Russian national, and the Brookings Institute’s Igor Danchenko have already been indicted for their roles.

so THAT'S how hillary got the money to operate her worldwide child sex ring out of a pizza parlor basement!

But what if she committed a criminal offense? Shouldn't the DOJ do its job?

of course the doj should do its job. but, if you've been living in the u s and were conscious for about the last 70 years, you wouldn't ask that question.

25dfb4eefbf4c5b1693d96ebb56eb39bd6a28a1d.png

I've never yet seen any indication that anything in the Steele dossier is false.

I've never yet seen any indication that anything in the Steele dossier is false.

See the Horowitz report, the FBI investigation, the Mueller investigation, and the Durham indictments. Then let us know what parts you believe to be true.

See the Horowitz report, the FBI investigation, the Mueller investigation, and the Durham indictments. Then let us know what parts you believe to be true.

Well I have not read it, but one part I know is true, is who started it, and paid for it, up until May 2016. I also know who paid for the report to continue after April 2016.

I am also aware the report is incomplete, Steele never finished it, ( only 16 reports total) which makes it difficult to prove or disprove.

However your own Intellegence Community said this....

" I worry that it may not be best to say "The IC has not made any judgement that the information in the document is reliable." I say that because we HAVE concluded that the source [Steele] is reliable and has a track record with us of reporting reliable information; we have some visibility into his source network, some of which we have determined to be sub-sources in a position to report on such things; and much of what he reports in the current document is consistent with and corroborative of other reporting included in the body of the main IC report. That said, we are not able to sufficiently corroborate the reporting to include in the body of the report"

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume4_Excerpt.pdf

So since none of us here have actually read the report itself, or even the full Muller report (lots of redaction in it, now isn't there...*chuckles*), seems that some people here like to pick cherries on one side, other pick cherries for the other side...

me I just sit back and laugh, it's kind of funny watching you guys down there implode.

Well I have not read it, but one part I know is true, is who started it, and paid for it, up until May 2016. I also know who paid for the report to continue after April 2016.

I am also aware the report is incomplete, Steele never finished it, ( only 16 reports total) which makes it difficult to prove or disprove.

However your own Intellegence Community said this....

" I worry that it may not be best to say "The IC has not made any judgement that the information in the document is reliable." I say that because we HAVE concluded that the source [Steele] is reliable and has a track record with us of reporting reliable information; we have some visibility into his source network, some of which we have determined to be sub-sources in a position to report on such things; and much of what he reports in the current document is consistent with and corroborative of other reporting included in the body of the main IC report. That said, we are not able to sufficiently corroborate the reporting to include in the body of the report"

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume4_Excerpt.pdf

So since none of us here have actually read the report itself, or even the full Muller report (lots of redaction in it, now isn't there...*chuckles*), seems that some people here like to pick cherries on one side, other pick cherries for the other side...

me I just sit back and laugh, it's kind of funny watching you guys down there implode.

Ok, so have not read the IG and Mueller reports or Durham indictments. You’re probably not familiar with Kevin Clinsesmith, Michael Sussman, or Igor Danschenko either, right? 😂

Ok, so have not read the IG and Mueller reports or Durham indictments. You’re probably not familiar with Kevin Clinsesmith, Michael Sussman, or Igor Danschenko either, right? 😂

If you have a link to full report, or the un-redacted Muller report,please share it.

Otherwise, no one on this form has read it.

Again as to the rest, I don't give a shit, this is your problems not mine

If you have a link to full report, or the un-redacted Muller report,please share it.

Otherwise, no one on this form has read it.

Again as to the rest, I don't give a shit, this is your problems not mine

I have not read the unredacted version either but if you’re interested in what’s in it, this will help you.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/whats-new-unredacted-mueller-report

Spoiler alert: No collusion between Trump and Russia, the Clinton Dossier was fabricated, and Clinesmith, Sussman, and Danchenko have been arrested.

I have not read the unredacted version either

I can read and comprehend just fine, I don't need someone else take on it, thank you very much.

My point was pretty simple, and you have now agreed with it.

WE, being the lowly public have not seen the complete and un-redacted Muller report.

So feel free to go ahead and speculate all you wish.....

I can read and comprehend just fine, I don't need someone else take on it, thank you very much.

My point was pretty simple, and you have now agreed with it.

WE, being the lowly public have not seen the complete and un-redacted Muller report.

So feel free to go ahead and speculate all you wish.....

Sorry, but the arrests are public record. Clinesmith admitted his crime and was convicted. 😂

Kudos to the Washington Post for correcting and removing the fake news they published about this in 2017 and 2019. Good first step!

I can't think of another such event. Changing the content of a story printed years ago, is very rare. This isn't a mere correction, it's an admission of wrongdoing.

I can't think of another such event. Changing the content of a story printed years ago, is very rare. This isn't a mere correction, it's an admission of wrongdoing.

I agree. Axios ran a smart piece today.

“The media’s epic fail”

“A reckoning is hitting news organizations for years-old coverage of the 2017 Steele dossier, after the document's primary source was charged with lying to the FBI.

“Why it matters: It's one of the most egregious journalistic errors in modern history, and the media's response to its own mistakes has so far been tepid.

“Outsized coverage of the unvetted document drove a media frenzy at the start of Donald Trump's presidency that helped drive a narrative of collusion between former President Trump and Russia.

“It also helped drive an even bigger wedge between former President Trump and the press at the very beginning of his presidency.
Driving the news: In wake of the key source's arrest and further reporting on the situation, The Washington Post on Friday corrected and removed large portions of two articles.

“To The Post's credit, its media critic, Erik Wemple, has written at length about the mistakes made by The Post and other media outlets in their coverage of the dossier.

https://www.axios.com/steele-dossie...ost-6b762a0b-64a9-4259-8697-298e2f04fb3e.html

Back