Hey moderators - AI DIDN'T WRITE MY SHIT! I JUST HAVE GOOD GRAMMAR

aworthyopponent

Enthusiast
My story keeps getting rejected because it's saying I used AI. I didn't, besides literally having the spellchecker that comes with Chrome. Should I deliberately fuck it up so that whatever bullshit algorithm they're using stops flagging it?

Sorry to hear that! If you have a look around, you'll find a few threads discussing the whole AI thing at length. Maybe there's something useful that will help you sort it out.

These links are awesome, and I really appreciate you rounding those up for me!

That being said, I think we can all agree its fucked up that we have to try to write worse so that our stories don't get flagged :p I've submitted my shortest, tamest story yet twice now, and keeps getting auto-rejected. Tis, as the kids are saying, quite bullshit.

I reaaaaaaally don't want to have to rewrite my shit just because an algorithm thinks I'm unoriginal! I KNOW I'M UNORIGINAL. I'M HORNY.

What bothers me about all this hand-wringing over alleged-AI rejections is that we (the AH community) have no opportunity to pass judgment on the ā€œoffensiveā€ material. We just have to go on the complainantā€™s claims of innocence.

Given that I have very little direct experience with ChatGPT and its ilk, Iā€™m going to go out on a limb here and again suggest that certain writing styles are going to trigger the detection: specifically, third-person narrative with little dialog and no humor. IMO, dry prose is currently a hallmark of AI-generated copy.

As usual, FWIW and YMMV.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I doubt swearing and complaining on this board will win over the moderator. A simple and polite explanation to Laurel using the Conversations icon in the upper right portion of your screen will probably generate a far faster and more acceptable response.

Is this some sort of coding reference I am too dumb to understand?
It's about how you can make databases do thing from user inputs if you don't make sure to clean them first.

In this case, it was a command to delete all the students from the database.

Iā€™d be very interested in knowing what theyā€™re checking for. Iā€™ve published 58 stories and only had two sent back. One was a very early work and my paragraphs were pages long. The other intimated a character had been sexually abused as a child. Both understandable within the rules. My recent stories are very clean from a grammar perspective. Maybe itā€™s my history, or perhaps itā€™s something else.

Like I said, Iā€™d like to know what the AI check looks for. I tried it once to help generate an outline for a longer story. Total crap.

It isn't the grammar that kicks the story. It's sentence structure beyond grammar. It's a combination of word choice, pace, the number of complex sentences, the number of short sentences, extra wording, less wording than the norm, and other issues.

It isn't the grammar that kicks the story. It's sentence structure beyond grammar. It's a combination of word choice, pace, the number of complex sentences, the number of short sentences, extra wording, less wording than the norm, and other issues.
Well, I have plenty of 'other issues,' so I guess I should be careful... :)

What's inside "_" makes a difference as well. Or so I've been told. Most people use shortcuts when they talk, they use contractions, the leave out words, or even verbs at times. "How you doing?"

What's inside "_" makes a difference as well. Or so I've been told. Most people use shortcuts when they talk, they use contractions, the leave out words, or even verbs at times. "How you doing?"
Like Data can't, right? Yeah, a Star Trek (one who saw the original and STNG series as they were broadcast) and STNG nerd.

Comshaw

Like Data can't, right? Yeah, a Star Trek (one who saw the original and STNG series as they were broadcast) and STNG nerd.

Comshaw
It's very common that non-native speakers of English tend to not use contractions. It's a really obvious indicator. They usually need to be specifically taught to use them if they want to sound like a native speaker.

Back