Here's How Donald Trump Could Become President

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next question: Does it really matter who is USA President?

A Prez can start wars and fuck things over. Can a Prez change how USA works now?

A constipated Congress is better than opiates for slowing the federal system.

Are Tromp and Bernie today's national laxatives?

It matters who is president, but not as much as many people think, unless the presidency, the Senate, and the House are all in the hands of the same party.

The left should stop laughing. Trump will make it anti-establishment vs. establishment because the Dems are going to nominate Hillary.

Only in America can a billionaire aspire to be "anti-establishment."

Here's my wild-ass thought for the night: Trump looks he's not going to be stopped for the nomination. This is where I usually say "barring something bizarre happening," but the truth is he gives us bizarre stuff on a daily basis and nothing affects his cult. He's bulletproof.

But I wonder if he hasn't wrapped it up a little too soon. By which I mean that there's going to be plenty of time for the Kochs, the Club for Growth etc. to recruit some bored rich guy to run an independent campaign for President representing what used to be thought of as the traditional GOP viewpoint on matters of economics and trade (Romney would be perfectly suited, except he's too much of a party man to consider it, and I think they might want someone even richer).

Sure, something like this would elect Clinton for certain, but from the standpoint of this crowd, Clinton v. Trump is a loser for them either way. What they're going to want to try to do is reassert their control over the Republican Party, which will be impossible if there's a Republican president who starts trade wars and says entitlements are fine with him. Learning these last few months that millions of "conservatives" don't actually care about their economic priorities has to have been a shock to them. They might see this one election as one battle in the larger war worth sacrificing.

The implosion of the Republican Party is about to begin. It is now inevitable.

They asked for it. Enjoy the show!

Next question: Does it really matter who is USA President?

A Prez can start wars and fuck things over.

You answered your own question.

Trump is possibly the most thin-skinned person in American political history, despite which millions of people apparently think he should be put in charge of the most powerful military on earth, complete with the nuclear button.

Yeah, it matters.

Here's my wild-ass thought for the night: Trump looks he's not going to be stopped for the nomination. This is where I usually say "barring something bizarre happening," but the truth is he gives us bizarre stuff on a daily basis and nothing affects his cult. He's bulletproof.

But I wonder if he hasn't wrapped it up a little too soon. By which I mean that there's going to be plenty of time for the Kochs, the Club for Growth etc. to recruit some bored rich guy to run an independent campaign for President representing what used to be thought of as the traditional GOP viewpoint on matters of economics and trade (Romney would be perfectly suited, except he's too much of a party man to consider it, and I think they might want someone even richer).

Sure, something like this would elect Clinton for certain, but from the standpoint of this crowd, Clinton v. Trump is a loser for them either way. What they're going to want to try to do is reassert their control over the Republican Party, which will be impossible if there's a Republican president who starts trade wars and says entitlements are fine with him. Learning these last few months that millions of "conservatives" don't actually care about their economic priorities has to have been a shock to them. They might see this one election as one battle in the larger war worth sacrificing.

The kinds of people you're talking about were successful on the (D) side of the equation by stopping Bernie and elevating Hillary. They were able to do that primarily because of the process there, meaning the power of superdelegates. That cannot happen on the (R) side of the equation. They can try as hard as they like with the tools available to them at this point, and spend as much money as they like, but it's too late. The horse they bet on was Jeb, and he broke down and is out of the race. The Donald is on an easy lead and the stretch is already in sight. He's gone.

Naah, this is all about pushing you assholes back in your closets and prisons and Mexico and to hell. The Bush's are kaput, now its on to the Clintons.

I suppose some will be surprised that Trump won so easily in Nevada tonight. I'm sure some will be surprised he won so easily among Hispanics. :)

yet another TEE HEE for you

UD is teh ULTIMATE DUMMY

I didn't say that, moron, you did.

What I DID say was that Trump has managed to alienate much of the Hispanic population by attacking the Pope. AS you may or may not know, the majority of the Latino population in the U.S. is Roman Catholic. Insulting and attacking the Pope is a great way to make sure they don't vote for you.

U DA DUMMY

shrillary-scream.jpg

Trump Won Big With Latinos And Women: Let That Sink In. This is less of a surprise to those who have actually been paying attention.

Ultimate Dummy isnt paying attention

Mel Robbins takes a bow

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/24/opinions/trump-will-be-republican-nominee-robbins/

Robbins: It's over; Trump is going to be the Republican nominee

"(CNN)It's over. Donald Trump is the Republican nominee.

He just added Nevada to the growing list of caucus primary wins, and while he needs more delegates to clinch it, who the heck can stop him now?

He is leading in national polls and in many state polls; he's succeeded in upending rivals such as Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush and Ben Carson; and there's no one in sight who can stop him. The only question is when will the GOP embrace him? The answer: no time soon.

The establishment doesn't like him because it can't control him. Yet he's the only conservative candidate who stands a chance against Hillary Clinton. The polls may reflect Marco Rubio doing well as a conservative uniter, but no one will hammer Clinton's biggest weakness better than Trump, and that's Clinton fatigue.

Sorry, Bernie fans, the Democratic nomination is hers to lose."

"Last summer, I gave you five reasons why so many Americans loved Trump and why he would go the distance. Notice, four of the five points cemented his path to the Republican nomination. At the time, the seasoned political commentators and pundits just rolled their eyes at me. Now they're predicting a win.

1. He's real.

2. He doesn't care what you think.

3. Many Americans hate Washington.

4. It's early (null).

5. You want to see him debate.

(As I mentioned in that piece, in full disclosure, I know Trump. I've delivered keynotes for his company, spoken at the same leadership events, chatted in green rooms and interviewed him on camera.)

Also notice Trump's campaign hasn't changed one bit in eight months, either. If anything, Trump has just doubled down on the tone, the temper and the tactics."

"Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus reportedly told Trump to tone done his rhetoric last summer. Yet he's only turned the volume up.

In September, the world was up in arms over his loose tongue at the mic and Twitter rants. No one could believe it when he called Lindsey Graham "a total lightweight ... idiot," and barked that Rick Perry wears glasses so "people think he's smart," and Obama's administration officials are "dopes." Carly Fiorina's face bothered him, Megyn Kelly had blood coming out of her "whatever."

That hasn't slowed down either. In fact, who hasn't he offended at this point? Basically, no one. Trump's targets:

The Pope
George W. Bush
Women
Mexican immigrants
Fox News
Refugees
Muslims
The Koch brothers
Washington
Apple

Luckily, CNN and The New York Times have amassed lists of Trump's insults.

He even said he could shoot one of his supporters and he'd still win. Sadly, he might be right, assuming he wasn't arrested and jailed for it. On Monday, he said he missed the "good old days" because he wanted to punch a protester.

The GOP establishment has been wrong at every turn, and Trump has been right. In business, there's an explanation for this: disruption. That's what Trump has done -- he's disrupted politics as usual and changed the rules entirely. As I argued in January, once disrupters such as Amazon, Uber and Airbnb get out front, they become nearly impossible to beat.

That's why the establishment hates him. Not only has he changed the rules, he has upended the hierarchy. The GOP has been snubbed
."

he hasnt hit Mexican immigrants

only ILLEGAL immigrants, aka, INVADERS

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/24/opinions/trump-will-be-republican-nominee-robbins/

Robbins: It's over; Trump is going to be the Republican nominee

"(CNN)It's over. Donald Trump is the Republican nominee.

He just added Nevada to the growing list of caucus primary wins, and while he needs more delegates to clinch it, who the heck can stop him now?

He is leading in national polls and in many state polls; he's succeeded in upending rivals such as Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush and Ben Carson; and there's no one in sight who can stop him. The only question is when will the GOP embrace him? The answer: no time soon.

The establishment doesn't like him because it can't control him. Yet he's the only conservative candidate who stands a chance against Hillary Clinton. The polls may reflect Marco Rubio doing well as a conservative uniter, but no one will hammer Clinton's biggest weakness better than Trump, and that's Clinton fatigue.

Sorry, Bernie fans, the Democratic nomination is hers to lose."

"Last summer, I gave you five reasons why so many Americans loved Trump and why he would go the distance. Notice, four of the five points cemented his path to the Republican nomination. At the time, the seasoned political commentators and pundits just rolled their eyes at me. Now they're predicting a win.

1. He's real.

2. He doesn't care what you think.

3. Many Americans hate Washington.

4. It's early (null).

5. You want to see him debate.

(As I mentioned in that piece, in full disclosure, I know Trump. I've delivered keynotes for his company, spoken at the same leadership events, chatted in green rooms and interviewed him on camera.)

Also notice Trump's campaign hasn't changed one bit in eight months, either. If anything, Trump has just doubled down on the tone, the temper and the tactics."

"Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus reportedly told Trump to tone done his rhetoric last summer. Yet he's only turned the volume up.

In September, the world was up in arms over his loose tongue at the mic and Twitter rants. No one could believe it when he called Lindsey Graham "a total lightweight ... idiot," and barked that Rick Perry wears glasses so "people think he's smart," and Obama's administration officials are "dopes." Carly Fiorina's face bothered him, Megyn Kelly had blood coming out of her "whatever."

That hasn't slowed down either. In fact, who hasn't he offended at this point? Basically, no one. Trump's targets:

The Pope
George W. Bush
Women
Mexican immigrants
Fox News
Refugees
Muslims
The Koch brothers
Washington
Apple

Luckily, CNN and The New York Times have amassed lists of Trump's insults.

He even said he could shoot one of his supporters and he'd still win. Sadly, he might be right, assuming he wasn't arrested and jailed for it. On Monday, he said he missed the "good old days" because he wanted to punch a protester.

The GOP establishment has been wrong at every turn, and Trump has been right. In business, there's an explanation for this: disruption. That's what Trump has done -- he's disrupted politics as usual and changed the rules entirely. As I argued in January, once disrupters such as Amazon, Uber and Airbnb get out front, they become nearly impossible to beat.

That's why the establishment hates him. Not only has he changed the rules, he has upended the hierarchy. The GOP has been snubbed
."

If you study Hitlers appeal, Trump is tapped in to the same angst, anger, futility, and impoverishment the Germans experienced during the 1920s. Average Americans got squat from Washington after the 2008 collapse.

How about a third party Cruz run out of spite? Trump loses big.

How about a third party Cruz run out of spite? Trump loses big.

Not a chance. Cruz knows he would lose, and Hillary would probably win. He'll wait for another chance to run in four years, or eight.

The GOP's foot is tightly in the snare.
The strategy of waiting for Trump to blow himself up failed and now it's too late to stop the train.
Nothing short of a grassy knoll or Arafat cocktail will stop his roll.
Trump vs Hil? I vote for trump cuz if there's gonna be a disaster in the White House, I might as well at least be entertained.
I always wanted to see a good train wreck.

Hitler's an interesting person if you do the research about him and put aside his monstrous conduct against Jews. His obsession with Jews was a psychotic obsession he shared with Russians and Poles.

Trump has all of Hitler's gifts, is what I mean. Hitler literally lifted Germany from the dead and made it a colossus in about 10 years. He never had more than 1/3rd of the Germans on his side.

Hitler's an interesting person if you do the research about him and put aside his monstrous conduct against Jews. His obsession with Jews was a psychotic obsession he shared with Russians and Poles.

Trump has all of Hitler's gifts, is what I mean. Hitler literally lifted Germany from the dead and made it a colossus in about 10 years. He never had more than 1/3rd of the Germans on his side.

I've never read any of Trump's books, but I hope he's a better author than Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back