Happy Football Day

Okay, gang, let’s get down to it. This is sort of a football thread, right? Right. Well then, we need to be taking a stab at picking NFL games each week. Perhaps we could make something of a contest out of it. Out prognosticate the Pretty Much Naked Guy!

If you come up short, maybe you could post a pic of yourself in your favorite team jersey (and not much else). And if you beat the mostly naked host, well, I’m open to suggestion.

Right then. Here we go:

Bears @ Saints. New Orleans a seven point favorite at home. Chicago very impressive in Week One, but the Saints are hungry, and had an extra two days to prepare. Tough week off the field for the Bears. I’ll take the Saints to cover.

Chiefs @ Lions. KC was disgraceful in week one. We’ve had a couple of folks from across the pond stop by this thread to mention “proper football.” Well, one idea I’d take from European soccer is relegation. Let’s send the Chiefs off to the UFL, or Canada. Lions a seven point favorite. They’ll cover and then some.

Jaguars @ Jets. Jags won their opener and saved Jack Del Rio’s (who I played high school baseball against) job for another week. Jets pulled one out of their ass in Week One. On paper, this should be an ass-whipping, but the game isn’t played on paper. For one thing the guys’ cleats would tear it up and make a huge mess. Big spread (10.5) and the Jets might be a little caught up in the hype. I’m smokin’ butter here, but I’ll take the Jags and the points.

Raiders @ Bills. Buffalo home and the Raiders making the cross-country trip off the short week. Bills seem to think they are legit playoff contenders. The Raiders are still owned by Al Davis, star of Night of the Living Dead. They do have a guy, Fat Bastard, who can kick 60+ yard field goals. Take the Bills and give the three points.

Arizona @ Washington
The Skins looked like an actual professional football team, possibly a good one in week one. Despite having the biggest toolbag owner in pretty much the known universe. The Cards won last week despite getting shredded by Cam Newton (I suspect there are some Auburn coeds who can relate). Rex Grossman ain’t throwing for 422. Take the Cards to cover the three.

Ravens @ Titans
There was a time when this would have been a hell of a matchup. That won’t be the case Sunday. Take the Ravens to cover (3.5) and then some.

Seahawks @ Steelers
I wouldn’t have wanted to be at Steelers practice this week. Seattle is still chasing Ted Guinn and doing it in damned ugly uniforms. The spread is nutty for an NFL game (13.5). Take it. The Steelers will be a little short on mercy this week.

Packers @ Panthers
This will be fun. Over-under of 45.5. I’d take the over and change. This will be a track meet. In the end, the defending champs will cover (10), but it could be the most fun game of the day.

Buccaneers @ Vikings
Both off tough losses last week. Vikes at home and 2.5 looks like the safe play.

Browns @ Colts
Welcome to the UFL Game of the Week. Wait…what? Sorry, they’re still in the league. The Colts have apparently replaced Payton Manning with Helen Keller. The Browns, well, I guess if you’re in Cleveland it’s better than not having a team all. They are apparently favored (by 3). Take the Colts and a fist-full of ‘ludes.

Cowboys @ 49ers
The Most Important Game In the History of the World (this week department). I was born in the shadow of Kezar Stadium (look it up). And as for the Cowboys, let’s put it this way, if it was the ‘Boys against a team of space aliens and the fate of humanity was at stake, my attitude would be, “we’ve had a nice run on this planet, maybe it’s time for something else. Go Aliens!” I would drive a stake through my good eye before I’d pick the ‘Boys in this one. Take the Niners, give the three, and God be with you.

Texans @ Miami
Texans are the sexy pic as Breakthrough Team of the Year. ‘Fins moved the rock pretty well on New England. We’ll find out if Pinocchio is a real boy. Take the Fins and the point

Chargers @ Patriots
Can anyone stop the Most Amazing Team on Earth? Brady’s a cyborg. The product of a CIA back op. Hell, Al Haynsworth (the most useless man alive) is shutting up and trying to play. Wake me up when the Super Bowl starts. Take the Pats and run to the bank with the 5.5.

Bengals @ Broncos
For all the Bronco QB talk, Cincy threw for 92 yards last week. There are high school teams running the wishbone tonight that will throw more productively. Take the Broncs and give the six. Maybe Tebow will donate it to a mission somewhere.

Eagles @ Falcons
Mike Vick back to Atlanta. I don’t think the fans will dog him though. Atlanta is favored?!?. I can’t be reading that right. Take your life savings and run to the nearest bookie. Take Philly and the points (1.5)

Rams @ Giants
The Rams got boot-stomped by Philly, worst day for a rushing D in the league last week. The Giants are in some disarray, but they have better weapons and are home. Take the Giants, give the six.

There you have it. Who wants to stump the guy with no clothes holding the football?

Well, that's gone nowhere. Perhaps a little art might be in order:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1_0015b.jpg
    1_0015b.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 272
Enjoy your football Sunday. I'm on the road for a chunk of today, but hoping to have my rear parked in front of a TV for Dallas-SF. Go Niners!

attachment.php

Attachments

• vlcsnap-9-18b.jpg
    vlcsnap-9-18b.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 409
Okay, gang, let’s get down to it. This is sort of a football thread, right? Right. Well then, we need to be taking a stab at picking NFL games each week. Perhaps we could make something of a contest out of it. Out prognosticate the Pretty Much Naked Guy!

If you come up short, maybe you could post a pic of yourself in your favorite team jersey (and not much else). And if you beat the mostly naked host, well, I’m open to suggestion.

Right then. Here we go:

Bears @ Saints. New Orleans a seven point favorite at home. Chicago very impressive in Week One, but the Saints are hungry, and had an extra two days to prepare. Tough week off the field for the Bears. I’ll take the Saints to cover.

Geaux Saints!!!!

Chiefs @ Lions. KC was disgraceful in week one. We’ve had a couple of folks from across the pond stop by this thread to mention “proper football.” Well, one idea I’d take from European soccer is relegation. Let’s send the Chiefs off to the UFL, or Canada. Lions a seven point favorite. They’ll cover and then some.

Lions

Jaguars @ Jets. Jags won their opener and saved Jack Del Rio’s (who I played high school baseball against) job for another week. Jets pulled one out of their ass in Week One. On paper, this should be an ass-whipping, but the game isn’t played on paper. For one thing the guys’ cleats would tear it up and make a huge mess. Big spread (10.5) and the Jets might be a little caught up in the hype. I’m smokin’ butter here, but I’ll take the Jags and the points.

Jaguars

Raiders @ Bills. Buffalo home and the Raiders making the cross-country trip off the short week. Bills seem to think they are legit playoff contenders. The Raiders are still owned by Al Davis, star of Night of the Living Dead. They do have a guy, Fat Bastard, who can kick 60+ yard field goals. Take the Bills and give the three points.

Raiders

Arizona @ Washington
The Skins looked like an actual professional football team, possibly a good one in week one. Despite having the biggest toolbag owner in pretty much the known universe. The Cards won last week despite getting shredded by Cam Newton (I suspect there are some Auburn coeds who can relate). Rex Grossman ain’t throwing for 422. Take the Cards to cover the three.

Arizona

Ravens @ Titans
There was a time when this would have been a hell of a matchup. That won’t be the case Sunday. Take the Ravens to cover (3.5) and then some.

Ravens

Seahawks @ Steelers
I wouldn’t have wanted to be at Steelers practice this week. Seattle is still chasing Ted Guinn and doing it in damned ugly uniforms. The spread is nutty for an NFL game (13.5). Take it. The Steelers will be a little short on mercy this week.

Steelers

Packers @ Panthers
This will be fun. Over-under of 45.5. I’d take the over and change. This will be a track meet. In the end, the defending champs will cover (10), but it could be the most fun game of the day.

Packers

Buccaneers @ Vikings
Both off tough losses last week. Vikes at home and 2.5 looks like the safe play.

Going w/ my home team...Bucs

Browns @ Colts
Welcome to the UFL Game of the Week. Wait…what? Sorry, they’re still in the league. The Colts have apparently replaced Payton Manning with Helen Keller. The Browns, well, I guess if you’re in Cleveland it’s better than not having a team all. They are apparently favored (by 3). Take the Colts and a fist-full of ‘ludes.

Colts

Cowboys @ 49ers
The Most Important Game In the History of the World (this week department). I was born in the shadow of Kezar Stadium (look it up). And as for the Cowboys, let’s put it this way, if it was the ‘Boys against a team of space aliens and the fate of humanity was at stake, my attitude would be, “we’ve had a nice run on this planet, maybe it’s time for something else. Go Aliens!” I would drive a stake through my good eye before I’d pick the ‘Boys in this one. Take the Niners, give the three, and God be with you.

Saying the Cowboys...and I don't like them :cool:

Texans @ Miami
Texans are the sexy pic as Breakthrough Team of the Year. ‘Fins moved the rock pretty well on New England. We’ll find out if Pinocchio is a real boy. Take the Fins and the point

Miami

Chargers @ Patriots
Can anyone stop the Most Amazing Team on Earth? Brady’s a cyborg. The product of a CIA back op. Hell, Al Haynsworth (the most useless man alive) is shutting up and trying to play. Wake me up when the Super Bowl starts. Take the Pats and run to the bank with the 5.5.

Chargers

Bengals @ Broncos
For all the Bronco QB talk, Cincy threw for 92 yards last week. There are high school teams running the wishbone tonight that will throw more productively. Take the Broncs and give the six. Maybe Tebow will donate it to a mission somewhere.

Broncos

Eagles @ Falcons
Mike Vick back to Atlanta. I don’t think the fans will dog him though. Atlanta is favored?!?. I can’t be reading that right. Take your life savings and run to the nearest bookie. Take Philly and the points (1.5)

Eagles

Rams @ Giants
The Rams got boot-stomped by Philly, worst day for a rushing D in the league last week. The Giants are in some disarray, but they have better weapons and are home. Take the Giants, give the six.

Rams

There you have it. Who wants to stump the guy with no clothes holding the football?

Okay I've got some aggreance w/ you on some of the teams...

I'll ask what your prediction is for Pats at Buffalo.

Granted yesterdays game was close, but a win is a win. And I think Brady is getting into his rhythm. He looks so comfortable in the pocket and with lots of time to spare.

And of course Welker, well what can I say?:heart: My little man can play him some football!

I'll ask what your prediction is for Pats at Buffalo.

Granted yesterdays game was close, but a win is a win. And I think Brady is getting into his rhythm. He looks so comfortable in the pocket and with lots of time to spare.

And of course Welker, well what can I say?:heart: My little man can play him some football!

You have a stellar ass! If all football players had your body then I would suggest the game be played in the nude.

Well, considering I was 6-8 yesterday, please keep in mind these predictions are for recreational use only. We do not condone illegal gambling here (at least when I suck):D

But I think the Pats will roll. Buffalo's interesting, but they haven't played a Good Football Team yet.

And Tek, it appears your nude football idea is catching on.:D

attachment.php

:rose:

John

Attachments

• 125597196_extra_large.jpg
    125597196_extra_large.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 241
Perdictions

Here let's get really bold and do some end of season perdictions. Here is who I have winning their divison and making the playoffs;
AFC:
East Patroits
North Ravens
South Texans
West Chargers
Wildcards Jets and Steelers

NFC:
East Cowboys
North Packers
South Saints
West Cardnials
Wildcards Lions and Eagles

You don't think it's a little early in the season for this?;)
[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk]

Here let's get really bold and do some end of season perdictions. Here is who I have winning their divison and making the playoffs;
AFC:
East Patroits
North Ravens
South Texans
West Chargers
Wildcards Jets and Steelers

NFC:
East Cowboys
North Packers
South Saints
West Cardnials
Wildcards Lions and Eagles

Attachments

• IMG_0635b4.jpg
    IMG_0635b4.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0637b3.jpg
    IMG_0637b3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Okay I've got some aggreance w/ you on some of the teams...

Thank you for playing SD. And for stumping the Naked Football Guy. You were 7-9, I was 6-9-1 (eh, 69, insert Beavis and Butthead laugh here). It seems I owe you one SD:devil:

This week's picks will be up by tomorrow AM

John

attachment.php

Attachments

• Snapshot 4 (9-24-2011 7-05 AM).jpg
    Snapshot 4 (9-24-2011 7-05 AM).jpg
    21 KB · Views: 218
All right, time for week two of Stump the Nearly Naked Football Guy. Which SD did last week...so, this week's picks:

Niners @ Cincy. Bengals favored (by 2). Good lord, how a once mighty franchise has tumbled. Thanks Dr. York...you assclown. SF actually pretty decent first two weeks. I'm taking the Niners and the points (and maybe an animal tranqualizer or two).

Pats @ Buffalo. Kind of a big spread for a team on the road against a 2-0 opponent (Pats-8). On the other hand it is the juggarnaut from New England. I'll take the Pats and give the 8, and not just because I was distracted by Tek Girl's old schoolgirl AV.:D

Texans @ Saints. Texans living up to billing thus far. Saints a solid bounce back last week. I'll take the home team and give the 3.5

Giants @ Eagles. Philly gagged last week but they've owned the Giants lateley (seven straight wins). Vick's cleared to play, but will last week's concussion continue to dog him? Big spread (Philly -7.5) considering Vick's status. I'll take the Giants to cover.

Dolphins @ Browns. Cleveland favored (by 3). The usually retched Browns already have more wins heading into week three (1) then in the last three years combined (three straight 0-3 starts). Fins sucked last week. Take the Browns, give the points, somewhere a unicorn is calling your name.

Broncos @ Titans. Titans played really well last week and are home. But the spread is a tad chunky for my taste (Titans -6.5) agaist a Broncos bunch that's shown a lot of grit thus far. Give me Denver and the points

Lions @ Vikings. The favored (3.5) 2-0 Detroit Lions. Surely civilization is in its final throes. Take the Lions, give the points, stop the world, I want to get off.

Jaguars @ Panthers. Is the Cam Newton Hall of Fame bust finished yet? Take the Panthers, give the 2.5

Chiefs @ Chargers. Hide the children. Why does Todd Haley still have a job? Take the Bolts and give the 13 (yikes!).

Jets @ Raiders. Hedi game anyone? (ask your parents, kids). Take the Jets, give the 3.5 and watch your back.

Ravens @ Rams. Matchup of two teams that laid brontosaurus eggs last week. Ravens the better bet to bounce back. Take the Charm City Crew and give the four.

Falcons @ Buccaneers. This is an interesting matchup. Falcons have four straight wins vs. Bucs. Today will make five. Don't quote me on that.

Cardinals @ Seahawks. Cards have shown signs of respectability the first two weeks. Seahawks have shown signs they will have the first draft pick next April. Take AZ, give the 1.5.

Bears @ Packers. The ACME Packers and Decatur Staleys renew the oldest rivalry in the NFL. Look for the ACME anvil to fall on the Bears. Take the Pack, give the 3.5, and remember, the classics never really go out of style.

Steelers @ Colts. Once upon a time (like last year) this was one of the most important games on the regular season schedule. Now it looks like Oklahoma vs. North Dakota Science. Take the Steelers, give the 10, and cover your eyes.

Redskins @ Cowboys. Since I have nothing but hate for both teams, and have the misfortune of living in a Skins market, what I usually root for here is injuries. But Tony Romo already has a bad one and it looks like they're going to shoot him up and send him out there anyway. Spread gives me the shakes (Boys -6), but I'll take America's Team and a gallon of Pepto.

There you have it. 6-9-1 last week. Happy Football Day.

I have total faith in my boys, but just to be on the safe side could I rub your ass for luck?:D

Attachments

• Snapshot 23 (9-24-2011 7-33 AM).jpg
    Snapshot 23 (9-24-2011 7-33 AM).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 207
I know no one is going to believe me but I had the Bills as my big upset for the week...oh well

I know no one is going to believe me but I had the Bills as my big upset for the week...oh well

I would believe you if you posted before the game was played.;)

What's one game? It's not like it's the playoffs or anything.:D

49er History

Well, that's gone nowhere. Perhaps a little art might be in order:D

attachment.php

The Catch was immortalized by two dramatic broadcast play-by-play calls. Vin Scully described the play on CBS Television:

“ Montana...looking, looking, throwing in the end zone...Clark caught it! ”

Meanwhile, Jack Buck had the call over on CBS Radio:

“ Montana lines up at the five...and on third-down-and-three he rolls right, looking to throw...looking to throw...and he throws into the end zone...Touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdown, San Francisco, by Dwight Clark! ”

Dwight Clark while discussing The Catch in America's Game: The Super Bowl Champions documentary about the 1981 49ers had this to say about the legacy of that play.

“ It's humbling really. I feel honored people are still talking about it, 25 years later. I am honored to be able to be a part of a play that was kind of the culmination of just this incredible surprise season. It's great to give 49er fans that moment that they can relive over and over and over, and I know they do because when I am in San Francisco and a lot of places, people want to talk about that play and how it crushed the Cowboys and sent them into submission for a decade. I never get tired of talking about it; I never get tired of seeing it, because I sign pictures and send them to people. I see that catch every day. I may sit and think about that moment couple of times a year, and how awesome it was to be a part of that play and to be a part of the 49ers in the '80s.

Sorry

Not a big football fan. But would take the joint, the cowboy movie, the waterbed and the popcorn. Not in that order. *wink* Got any Clint Eastwood? John Wayne? Oh well WTF. :heart:

I would believe you if you posted before the game was played.;)

What's one game? It's not like it's the playoffs or anything.:D

That's the right attitude Tek. 16 game season, everybody has a week like that. As for me 7-9 this week, 13-18-1 vs. the Vegas spread for the year, and no, I won't be quitting my day job:D

John

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0635c.jpg
    IMG_0635c.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 173
Not a big football fan. But would take the joint, the cowboy movie, the waterbed and the popcorn. Not in that order. *wink* Got any Clint Eastwood? John Wayne? Oh well WTF. :heart:

Hello Shyla! That will work. There is only so much football on anyway. And I have pleanty of Clint. "Pale Rider" is an all-time favorite. The older ones are classics. We can start with the water bed:devil::kiss:

John

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0646d.jpg
    IMG_0646d.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 167
Would picking he Lions to beat the cowboys this week be considered an upset?

That's the right attitude Tek. 16 game season, everybody has a week like that. As for me 7-9 this week, 13-18-1 vs. the Vegas spread for the year, and no, I won't be quitting my day job:D

John

attachment.php

Man, you could bounce a quarter off that ass! Such a nice wake me up so early in the a.m.:)

Man, you could bounce a quarter off that ass! Such a nice wake me up so early in the a.m.:)

Thank you, Tek. Funny you should mention that. That's how I pay the toll every morning. Kind of awkward, and not real dignified, but I'm getting to the point where I can pretty consistantly bounce change off my ass right into the tray:D

:kiss:

John

attachment.php

Attachments

• vlcsnap-10-1b.jpg
    vlcsnap-10-1b.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 168
Back